Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jeff Stelling Leaving Sky Sports

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He will be missed, a class act, great sense of humour and knows his stuff. I hope they don't give the gig to another ex-pro.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Love Jeff.
Is it me or is this thread starting to read a bit like the Daily Mail?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It’ll be a Chelski or Arsenal supporting female, the nauseous cockney tone.

I loved the Hartlepool accent!

I suspect you're right but whoever it is won't be a patch on Stelling but at least a couple of boxes will probably have been ticked in the process.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
By and large he’s excellent at his job, and his passion from a fan’s point of view has been very very good.
I’m sure there will be counter examples, but 2 family members met him and found him a bit aloof though. Nobody’s perfect I guess.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Ahh no way, Soccer Saturday will not be the same without, Jeff.

I'm not sure who can replace him, it will be a tough gig to follow him that's for sure.

Who replaced the Great Jimmy Hill??

Who wood (really wooden) have thought Gary Lineker???

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It is very addictive, you should try it.

Start off with Tom Harwood and work your way in Dave.

Not going to happen, I’m afraid.

I have dipped my toe in the water. Never again.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
That's the end of that programme then. It doesn't matter what woman they replace him with, it just won't be the same.

Never mind. We should all be focusing on the bigger picture I guess.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The bloke who covers for him mid-week games (Julian/Jules someone) is a good replacement in my opinion.........but in this day and age, will he 'fit' the new criteria despite his obvious abilities and experience? ??????

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The bloke who covers for him mid-week games (Julian/Jules someone) is a good replacement in my opinion.........but in this day and age, will he 'fit' the new criteria despite his obvious abilities and experience? ??????

He's reasonable enough - would still be a downgrade though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A shame Jeff is leaving, but we're always more comfortable with what we're used to than any possible alternative. And the pant wetting about females when the replacement hasn't been announced is staggering. Jules Breach is excellent on the BT Sport equivalent and a Brighton fan to boot who started off plying her trade on the same Latest TV as our Lenny now appears on. Is anyone suggesting she's not up to the job she does there???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here