Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The same BELLENDS that were slating the possibility of Beckford signing last week. Some JCLs no doubt, but mainly just plain f***ing deluded.

Glad that most agree.

Beckford and Bothroyd are EXACTLY what we need, but are probably still out of our price range. The fact Connor Sammon is worth £1.2 million (Derby today) just shows how ridiculously inflated prices are for strikers.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This guy was/is on the fringes of the England squad - Could we afford him ?

It really is time for a reality check !
He got one England cap as a sub in a friendly in 2010 while still in the Championship with Cardiff, he is not close to the England squad now! I seem to remember he did quite well in that game though.

Whether we can afford him or not is another question.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Would you see him more as a creator than a scorer?

Omniscience and omnipotence might be useful. Always knowing infallibly what the opposition and your own team-mates were going to do and having the ability to use that knowledge.....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Glad that most agree.

Beckford and Bothroyd are EXACTLY what we need, but are probably still out of our price range. The fact Connor Sammon is worth £1.2 million (Derby today) just shows how ridiculously inflated prices are for strikers.
I don't think Beckford and Bothroyd are that alike. Bothroyd is exactly what we need, someone with physical presence but also plenty of ability and can score goals.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But that is not what you said. You said they would not want to join us.

And exactly where did I say that. I said who on earth do people think we should be interested in signing, if the likes of Beckford and Bothroyd are not good enough.

I think somebody is misquoting...

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345498559.622886.jpg

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
He got one England cap as a sub in a friendly in 2010 while still in the Championship with Cardiff, he is not close to the England squad now! I seem to remember he did quite well in that game though.

Whether we can afford him or not is another question.

Cheers Bob, I wasn't certain of the circumstances so thanks for that.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
If that's a bluff, 10/10. I reckon he says that 5% of the time as a bluff. Something more ambiguous would be expected.

Time to invent another rumour.

Everton did not look like they needed Owen tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports