Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Its on transfer rumours and hopefuly it`s bollox ,his goal rate last season was shit,we need a prolific goals scorer if we can`t find one might as well stick with CMS

Yes, in the Premier league. His championship record for a big man is pretty decent.

You're another of the delusional people on here who expect Zamora, I bet.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I hope not, never been a big fan of his. Can't believe these stupid rumour accounts though so I should be safe

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I'd be very disappointed if Bothroyd was the striker you signed. A very average player in my opinion. If he signs I hope he proves me wrong.

They just delete all the old ones that are rumours, hence the 20 tweets over the past 4 hrs and only a handful of official signings over the previous week.

I didn't think you could delete Tweets?

I beg your pardon! I've just looked and you can delete Tweets; you learn something new every day.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Who the f*** do some people think we are?

We're being linked to a player who is a big strong center forward, and scored 18 goals in his last championship season, which was only 2010/11, hardly years ago.

Yet still people wouldn't want him here. It's staggering. Who on earth do these peope realistically think we're going to be signing.

Christ.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Who the f*** do some people think we are?

We're being linked to a player who is a big strong center forward, and scored 18 goals in his last championship season, which was only 2010/11, hardly years ago.

Yet still people wouldn't want him here. It's staggering. Who on earth do these peope realistically think we're going to be signing.

Christ.

A club who have signed players this summer that have Champions League/Premiership/La Liga pedigree?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I must say that, if we cannot afford a top quality, goal scoring, striker, I would rather see Buckley playing in a striker's role. He has looked very promising when he gets a chance to shoot. Unfortunately, he appears to be another of our injury-prone signings though.

As has been pointed out he had one good season with Bardiff. Can he provide another for us?

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
A club who have signed players this summer that have Champions League/Premiership/La Liga pedigree?

Yes, all back up players apart from Vicente, who was injured for the last couple of seasons before we took a risk.

SO go on, name a few strikers you think we should be interested in, that are better and more proven at Championship level than Bothroyd...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yes, all back up players apart from Vicente, who was injured for the last couple of seasons before we took a risk.

SO go on, name a few strikers you think we should be interested in, that are better and more proven at Championship level than Bothroyd...

Bruno played plenty of times last year, Bridge has loads of top flight and international experience, Kuszczak and Crofts had limited games but Kuszczak was still at one of the best clubs in the world.

Anyways, I have no idea who we could get, but don't agree that Bothroyd is the best available and people are wrong to question it. That's the beauty of Gus and Tony, they have opened a whole new world to bhafc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here