Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Bothroyd [Merged]

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hope not ... not particularly questioning his ability (although) but more his desire. He's already stated his desire to stay in the Prem and clearly has ideas above his station. Just yesterday Harewood gave a bloody good performance of someone with not a great deal of interest

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He has shown that he can score goals at Championship level whilst at Wolves and Cardiff approx 1 every 3 games. A good alternative to CMS and Barnes

Actually this figure is flattered by one 18 goal season. I recall him being a bit injury prone with a questionable attitude, that said he does have a physical presence, whether he de,vides to play to it is a different matter.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Who do some people think we are? Bothroyd would be a decent signing, didn't he score 20 odd last time he played in the Championship...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He really isn't that good... I will, of course, support him 100% if he joins, but not convinced he is the answer...

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
My thoughts on the situation.

QPR were after Berbatov; we were believed to put in a loan offer to take Zamora if/when Berbatov signed.

Ronney's injury has meant United probably want to keep Berbatov until January. QPR aren't therefore signing Berbatov. And are planing to hold onto BZ, and we have therefore turned our attention to Bothroyd. I can assume we would probably put a season long loan bid in, spending any sort of money would be risky.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Can't see another Prem team coming in for him. Wednesday may be able to pay him more but if it's a loan in particular he may prefer to stay South, which puts us in a great position. With the first instalments of the Hall compo, wages may not be so much of an issue now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The article is strong on him being allowed to leave QPR (no surprise at all) but offers nothing to support the supposed interest either from ourselves or Wednesday.

Have to say that as a player I dislike his attitude but his aerial ability and all round mobility would fit our playing style. Not sure we could keep him happy for long

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Naylor has confirmed we're interested.. in a rather patronising manner. :lolol:

‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: A lot of names thrown about are nonsense. Argus concentrates on ones that are true. Can now confirm Albion interest in Jay Bothroyd.

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus Does that mean Bothroyd will definitely happen? No. Does it mean Albion are definitely interested? Yes.

Latest tweets from Andy Naylor:

"A lot of names thrown about are nonsense. Argus concentrates on ones that are true. Can now confirm Albion interest in Jay Bothroyd. #bhafc"

"Does that mean Bothroyd will definitely happen? No. Does it mean Albion are definitely interested? Yes. #bhafc"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here