Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Knight of Derby

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Of Knight's injury - Rooney said 'that's football' - no it isn't you moron - you are the manager and it was a training session - the last thing you should be doing is barreling into your best player for a 50/50 ball and sidelining him for three months (during which time he also misses Ireland's world cup qualifiers). If Derby start in the Championship they will likely be buried in last place by the time Knight gets back onto the pitch.

I didn't realise there was a video of it, could you share that with us all please?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Wayne = moron. That hasn’t, and will never, change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Of Knight's injury - Rooney said 'that's football' - no it isn't you moron - you are the manager and it was a training session - the last thing you should be doing is barreling into your best player for a 50/50 ball and sidelining him for three months (during which time he also misses Ireland's world cup qualifiers). If Derby start in the Championship they will likely be buried in last place by the time Knight gets back onto the pitch.

It is football though isn't it. Plenty of players have suffered bad injuries during training.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many have been injured by their manager barreling into them for a 50/50 ball.

What difference does it make if it’s the manager, assistant manager, another player , U23 or U18?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
What difference does it make if it’s the manager, assistant manager, another player , U23 or U18?

I would suggest that the manager should have a little more sense than to crock his best player for 3/4 months

As has been said earlier, do you have a link to the video?

Don't need one - Derby County have stated that Rooney injured Knight going for a 50/50 ball in a training session.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would suggest that the manager should have a little more sense than to crock his best player for 3/4 months

Don't need one - Derby County have stated that Rooney injured Knight going for a 50/50 ball in a training session.

You have an agenda, we get it. But do you really think Rooney meant to ? It sounds like it was a 50/50 challenge and unfortunately the player got injured. It happens

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You have an agenda, we get it. But do you really think Rooney meant to ? It sounds like it was a 50/50 challenge and unfortunately the player got injured. It happens

I think Wayne is a moron, and should have been a little more careful when he had 9 fit first teamers before his stupid tackle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Wayne is a moron, and should have been a little more careful when he had 9 fit first teamers before his stupid tackle.

Was it a stupid tackle ?

Remember when that thug Calderon broke that Newport County players leg in a 50:50? Was that a stupid tackle?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You have an agenda, we get it.
What agenda?

I think Rooney is not capable of being a manager and Derby are suffering big time as a result.

But do you really think Rooney meant to ? It sounds like it was a 50/50 challenge and unfortunately the player got injured. It happens

No - I don't think that Rooney meant it - but the manager should always err on the side of caution and when involved in a training session. The responsibility is on the manager not to crock his best player (or any of his players for that matter). Rooney should never have gone into the challenge - what purpose did it serve doing so? Derby have made it perfectly clear that Rooney was at fault. Furthermore - Derby are in financial hell and they were relying on selling Knight to keep them afloat - the club could easily go into administration directly as a result of that tackle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What agenda?

I think Rooney is not capable of being a manager and Derby are suffering big time as a result.

No - I don't think that Rooney meant it - but the manager should always err on the side of caution and when involved in a training session. The responsibility is on the manager not to crock his best player (or any of his players for that matter). Rooney should never have gone into the challenge - what purpose did it serve doing so? Derby have made it perfectly clear that Rooney was at fault. Furthermore - Derby are in financial hell and they were relying on selling Knight to keep them afloat - the club could easily go into administration directly as a result of that tackle.

It was a 50:50 challenge where Knight rocked his ankle. Like I said it doesn’t matter who did the challenge really, these things happen in training. Do you believe all clubs in training just run round not tackling each other ?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
What agenda?

Where have Derby made it clear that Rooney was at fault?

How do you know he went "barreling in"?

A have no great love for Rooney but you are just making things up.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
What agenda?

So what do you propose, training with no contact? How does that set them up for a competitive Championship season?? Or perhaps they just don't train at all, that way avoiding any injuries to their saleable assets?

:facepalm:

Whilst pre-season results mean very little Derby have been very competitive in their pre-season games to date, a credit to Rooney, given their shortage of numbers.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I have not researched this but I’m sure I read a headline that Derby have barely got a 1st XI let alone a 1st team squad and that was why Rooney was participating in contact training.
Derby look to be in awful trouble with the season starting on Saturday.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Was it a stupid tackle ?

Remember when that thug Calderon broke that Newport County players leg in a 50:50? Was that a stupid tackle?

Think about the context. It was stupid for the moron to take any risk.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

You just obviously aren't a Rooney fan though are you? He could donate ten grand to your favourite charity you'd still be finding ways to slag him off for the way he did it. Grow up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You just obviously aren't a Rooney fan though are you? He could donate ten grand to your favourite charity you'd still be finding ways to slag him off for the way he did it. Grow up.

A great player. A ****ing awful manager. That is not childish. It is fact.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

So because derby don’t have many trainers they should just be doing non contact training ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here