Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Knight of Derby

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But the point is he said number 10 is his best position then linked him to Biss, which demonstrates lack of knowledge. Did I need to spell that out for you too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't see why being "probably best as a No.10" and "possible the club see him as a replacement for Biss" are mutually exclusive personally. Perhaps it demonstrates an open mindedness about what the 20 year old lad can do, rather than a lack of knowledge.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
But if his best position is number 10, then he is NOT a Biss replacement. You need to think before you post your ‘expert insights’

Again - you are trying to read something into what I said that I didn't actually say.

Here is a prediction I will make - Knight will eventually develop into a better player than Bissouma

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don't see why being "probably best as a No.10" and "possible the club see him as a replacement for Biss" are mutually exclusive personally. Perhaps it demonstrates an open mindedness about what the 20 year old lad can do, rather than a lack of knowledge.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Five pages in and no-one commented on the thread's title

Well, I noticed it .... very clever, although it's a pity that it's not Joe Wright we're talking about

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Isn't it amazing how a simple thread about a seemingly minor potential signing can deteriorate quickly until it is approaching binfesthood.

Knight would not be a 'minor' signing - he would be on the same scale as Maupay and Webster - and would probably cost as much if not more. The latest team linked to Knight are Everton (and that is after Palace, Leeds, West Ham and Burnley as well as Brighton).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think £30m would get him here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
I don't want to add to all this crap about his best position, but Biss certainly wasn't a defensive midfielder when we signed him, more attacking or box to box. It is possible to players to change their positions and way they play. See Solly, BDB, Pascal and Joel, and even more so with youngsters like Zeqiri, Moder etc ???

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Bissouma was always a defensive midfielder, but he didn't have the trust of Hughton who wouldn't play him there. He also had a guaranteed midfield pairing of Stephens and Propper in front of him. Introducing him into the team in a less responsible position isn't always the worst idea, but when you see what his game is about, it does make you question why he wasn't playing the holding role much sooner.

His development has reminded me a little bit of Bridcutt. When he came in, Kishishev was the holding midfielder. Bridcutt got his chance much sooner than Bissouma did in that holding role, but it was a similar waiting game for him and then he made it his own.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crocked by Rooney in training :facepalm:

[tweet]1419729592726720517[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Derby had more than about 8 players then Rooney wouldn't have to be training. Most fans I know of Derby think the whole thing is embarrassing now, Mel Morris has gone AWOL, no investment, under embargos, no players.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well all great players automatically morph into great managers don't they? :facepalm:

He is so obviously not a manager. It is astonishing that the leaders at Derby appointed him. Let alone are sticking by him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is so obviously not a manager. It is astonishing that the leaders at Derby appointed him. Let alone are sticking by him.

Agreed, and Derby were incredibly lucky to avoid the drop on the final day of last season.

Makes me wonder if Rooney would still be managing them had they been in League One . . . something tells me that he probably would.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Rooney!! Rooney!!..were the cries of the Derby faithful pre lockdown, they were pinching themselves they had signed a player of his calibre, comfortably the best in the Championship. The transition to management was seamless, Derby were a sinking ship looking absolute certs for relegation and Rooney turned them round in impressive fashion guiding them clear of the relegation zone. A combination of ill luck, injuries and loss of form all conspired against Derby in the closing weeks sucking them back into trouble but overall he did an excellent job and saved them on the final day.

This season looks a thankless task for the most experienced manager, nevermind a near rookie but if anyone can help Derby to Championship safety you wouldn't bet against a Rooney mooney.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rooney!! Rooney!!..were the cries of the Derby faithful pre lockdown, they were pinching themselves they had signed a player of his calibre, comfortably the best in the Championship. The transition to management was seamless, Derby were a sinking ship looking absolute certs for relegation and Rooney turned them round in impressive fashion guiding them clear of the relegation zone. A combination of ill luck, injuries and loss of form all conspired against Derby in the closing weeks sucking them back into trouble but overall he did an excellent job and saved them on the final day.

This season looks a thankless task for the most experienced manager, nevermind a near rookie but if anyone can help Derby to Championship safety you wouldn't bet against a Rooney mooney.

Brave man, well done for sticking to your beliefs and posting. I've a feeling not too many on here will agree with you though!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Of Knight's injury - Rooney said 'that's football' - no it isn't you moron - you are the manager and it was a training session - the last thing you should be doing is barreling into your best player for a 50/50 ball and sidelining him for three months (during which time he also misses Ireland's world cup qualifiers). If Derby start in the Championship they will likely be buried in last place by the time Knight gets back onto the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here