Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jan Paul Van Hecke

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cantor reporting today that Potter has said the plan is for Khadra and Van Hecke to be with Brighton for pre-season.

Here's hoping they do enough to stay for the season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cantor reporting today that Potter has said the plan is for Khadra and Van Hecke to be with Brighton for pre-season.

Here's hoping they do enough to stay for the season.
Surely all our loanees will be back here for pre-season, unless there has been an agreement to make the loan permanent?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Absolutely could fit at a side like Burnley. Unless they're going to change their playing style.

It can be so much about partnerships and complementary attributes - put him with the right CB partner and he can look excellent, or pretty bad. For another example of this, see Harry Maguire.

He could also fit into a side like Chelsea, Wolves, Everton, West Ham or Tottenham who play 2 DM's. He has a particular set of skills and if utilised is a great asset. Unfortunately we won't get the fee he is worth if anyone does bid for him

Rover In Exile

Dec 7, 2021
How would you compare JPVH to Duffy. Not so much in attributes(although that would be welcome if you wanted to) but more in ability/potential. Would you say JPVH looks more premier league capable than Duffy did when he was with you?

I definitely think JPvH has more to offer from the point of view of playing the ball out of defence creatively.
Also he has made quite a number of 40/50 yard runs with the ball. He has decent close control for such a gangly bloke, and the confidence to go with it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I definitely think JPvH has more to offer from the point of view of playing the ball out of defence creatively.
Also he has made quite a number of 40/50 yard runs with the ball. He has decent close control for such a gangly bloke, and the confidence to go with it.

He sounds just like a Potter centre half. I'm looking forward to seeing him preseason.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As Matt Clarke is gone I think JPvH is a safe bet to stay as the Burn replacement so that we don’t have to play Duffy unless we want to against certain opposition. I’d also add one of the other two but feel they are more Ben White style and as if we won’t keep both long term and have to choose (or keep Roberts when the foreign lad who’s name escapes me at Genoa) realises he can start abroad. That’s a good unit with mixed skill sets just we’re a couple of bodies down currently.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Also feel Robert’s shouldn’t be loaned again as what he needs is a year watching and being mentored by Veltman. A left footed version of Veltman would be ideal for Potter’s squad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Also feel Robert’s shouldn’t be loaned again as what he needs is a year watching and being mentored by Veltman. A left footed version of Veltman would be ideal for Potter’s squad.

I’d imagine that Roberts will almost certainly be loaned out. He’s hardly played this year, even during the spell when Dunk was suspended and Webster injured.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I struggle to think of a Brighton player who needs to go on loan more than Roberts needs it. Felt a little bad for him as he was seemingly going on loan in January but it didnt happen, presumably because of the BDB sale.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I struggle to think of a Brighton player who needs to go on loan more than Roberts needs it. Felt a little bad for him as he was seemingly going on loan in January but it didnt happen, presumably because of the BDB sale.

I don’t think he’ll make it. Every time I see him he looks undersized, and whilst comfortable on the ball, has a long way to go - which of course is why a loan is so important.

I still feel he could be reinvented in a DM type role.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Get the impression he is a bit of a home-boy and needs to be close to his family.

Hopefully as he gets a bit older, he’ll work out that he needs a good deal of loan time to develop as he’s got nowhere near the first team this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t think he’ll make it. Every time I see him he looks undersized, and whilst comfortable on the ball, has a long way to go - which of course is why a loan is so important.

I still feel he could be reinvented in a DM type role.

I've had the same thoughts but then I thought he was 22 or something, but he just turns 20 in a couple of days and its just too early to tell. But he definitely has a long way to go indeed.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Club posting this certainly suggests he will be in the first team picture this year
Was gonna say - the contents of the actual interview would tend to suggest the same (looking for a permanent base in Brighton, eyes now on the PL etc).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nice interview with him on the Club's YouTube channel

Sending him to Blackburn was a great move by whoever made the decision (Weir who was the loan manager, perhaps). Could easily have accepted the loan bid from Heerenveen (where he was playing and doing fine) or PSV (good at developing talent) but decided to put him in England instead of Eredivisie where they still play man-man defense.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Thought he looked really comfortable against Estroli, but was obviously outshone slightly by the attacking youngsters, especially Enciso. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s ahead of both Clarke & Duffy in the pecking order.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Going on loan to Sunderland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here