Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Romero Gomez

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
No. Never heard of him until I saw this.

463c3c5040854004177e47157b19e8bb.jpg

Another sick note then, who will br good a couple of times when fit

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So you really think the club control the Argus?

No I don't but Naylor has to try and work with the club if he wants to be ITK. If he is to negative then the club keep him out of the loop. So he has to find a balance or an insider who pass on info. It happens at all clubs

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's not easy filling the back page with Albion related stuff especially during the close season. We do have a lot of moaners though.

To many people jumping on the bandwagon of disliking Naylor. It's rather dull

No more moaners here than at other clubs though, but Naylor has painted us as uniquely whiney in the past. It would be easier to fill the back pages if he did a few more interviews himself rather than just regurgitate the OS, BBC and sometimes NSC.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
And it's even easier for him to just say 'no' each time, just like most of us do. The key is how many he's correctly predicted. Have there been any?
Naylor would only be under an embargo if the top people at the club were giving him information, and it seem they're not. And if his embargo meant he couldn't say anything until it was official, there'd be no point in telling him in the first place.

Really so BZ saga has not been going on since window opened. I think all the summer signings have passed everybody by although I do think he mentioned the goal keeper
As for the embargo,it's not unusual for the press to know about stories long before they break, as for people at the top giving him info or not, I have no idea. Obviously you do as no doubt the club have told you that personally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really so BZ saga has not been going on since window opened.
What's that got to do with anything? Of current players he's the biggest hero, so of course it's going to be an ongoing saga until he signs for another club. What's your point?

As for the embargo,it's not unusual for the press to know about stories long before they break, as for people at the top giving him info or not, I have no idea. Obviously you do as no doubt the club have told you that personally.
I've never claimed to be ITK on any transfer ever, so no point accusing me of claiming to be told things personally. I think the club have made open comments on who gets told about info in the past, and Naylor hasn't been included. He might get info from colleagues of other papers when there are leaks from the clubs we're dealing with, but our club appear to keep schtum about transfers until it's done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor has rubbished BZ signing, and rubbished Murphy signing.

These 2 are still undetermined.

And let's not forget his building up of Hammond signing as the returning player "we'd all been waiting for"...

Despite all this, I quite like his albion coverage.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What's that got to do with anything? Of current players he's the biggest hero, so of course it's going to be an ongoing saga until he signs for another club. What's your point?

I've never claimed to be ITK on any transfer ever, so no point accusing me of claiming to be told things personally. I think the club have made open comments on who gets told about info in the past, and Naylor hasn't been included. He might get info from colleagues of other papers when there are leaks from the clubs we're dealing with, but our club appear to keep schtum about transfers until it's done.

So you should have said that when you told me that Naylor is not in the know. You need to be clearer maybe end each of you posts with I make assumptions based on no facts.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you should have said that when you told me that Naylor is not in the know. You need to be clearer maybe end each of you posts with I make assumptions based on no facts.
So for each of the 18,000 posts I've made on NSC, you want me to include my sources and referrences? It's not a ****ing dissertation. My posts on NSC are opinions, unless I expressly say otherwise.

My understanding is that Naylor isn't ITK. I've read many comments to that effect from people like Bozza, and the fact that he very rarely knows who we're signing before NSC would back up that theory. I did not say that I know for a fact that he's not in the know.

Naylor is in the same position as some people on here that are ITK, they will know maybe a day or a few hours before the player signs. Naylor will be under a strict embargo until a certain time, whereas people on here can be a bit more forthcoming.
Oh, so you clearly know that as a fact. The club have been in touch with you personally to confirm that Naylor gets told information from the club a day or a few hours before the announcements, and that he's under a strict embargo until a certain time?

#owned

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So for each of the 18,000 posts I've made on NSC, you want me to include my sources and referrences? It's not a ****ing dissertation. My posts on NSC are opinions, unless I expressly say otherwise.

My understanding is that Naylor isn't ITK. I've read many comments to that effect from people like Bozza, and the fact that he very rarely knows who we're signing before NSC would back up that theory. I did not say that I know for a fact that he's not in the know.

You have a short fuse for someone not in the know. Careful with forming those theories they could turn into conspiracies.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In general, it's against clubs' interests for anyone to know about transfer targets, and so as an Albion fan I'm happy that there has been less info around this season because it tells me that the recruitment department is being run more professionally than it was when a certain person told everyone at the club who we were signing then told them not to let anyone else know - as if.

Agents, on the other hand, love it when details of deals leak out (although it didn't come from them obviously) just on the off chance that other clubs will come in with better offers. That's why so many journalists spend half their lives at this time of the season and in December and January on the phone to agents listening to heaps of bs, and then deciding which bits to put in the paper in the hope that 10 percent of their kites fly home. Every paper has its 'transfer expert,' and of course they always reprint the 1 in 100 they get right with a 'You read it here first' big-up, forgetting all the ones that never happened and were never going to because they weren't even based on agent gossip. The best one was when a well-known paper suggested that a manager was going to go back to a previous club to sign a player, forgetting or ignoring the fact that they'd had a huge bust-up there over a young lady.

I've always been very happy not to get involved in it and I don't envy Andy Naylor and Brian Owen at this time of year.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
To be fair, you're both right and I actually think Naylor is a good local journo. I'm also pleased he's not an Albion fan as he gives a good level of objectivity. On the subject of transfers though, he is behind the game. There's a reason for that though - as a journalist in a local rag he print confirmed stories, not conjecture that we get away with on NSC.

So if you want rumours you come here, once it's confirmed it's on The Argus (and here).

precisely. Naylor gets a raw deal on here. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but I don't think he can do much more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here