Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Romero Gomez

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Won't be happening in a hurry. That article says (I think) that he is reporting back to Udinese next week to begin discussions about where he will be playing next season. Looks like he has choices between Spain, Portugal and here and most importantly no mention of a bid being made yet. Maybe he is one of the reasons the club said that bringing new players in won't be complete before the season starts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Deliberately honed agent speculation on the back of the Harper deal ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To be fair to Naylor, he's been pretty much spot on with our transfer dealings this summer from what I've seen.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
He's basically said we're not interested in every player mentioned. He hasn't actually got one signing right

With the exception of the finish keeper. I'm sure bozza claimed we were not in for him and it was just media speculation

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He's basically said we're not interested in every player mentioned. He hasn't actually got one signing right

But he's been correct all the time as far as I can see. Some people on here seemed convinced Zamora was signing for us. Perhaps he's refrained from writing about 'potential' deals because when they don't go through he gets abuse.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But he's been correct all the time as far as I can see. Some people on here seemed convinced Zamora was signing for us. Perhaps he's refrained from writing about 'potential' deals because when they don't go through he gets abuse.

I can't think of one instance where Andy Naylor has mentioned a signing that has come off except the Finnish keeper.

Stumpy Tim

Well it's easy to be always right when you don't make any predictions. Every one of his stories have been when he's been given the story a few hours before the general public

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Well it's easy to be always right when you don't make any predictions. Every one of his stories have been when he's been given the story a few hours before the general public

He is making predictions though. He is saying these rumours are a load of bollocks, granted that's a lot easier than predicting specific signings but the club seem to be playing their cards close to their chest at the moment which is beneficial, so I'm not complaining.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
He is making predictions though. He is saying these rumours are a load of bollocks, granted that's a lot easier than predicting specific signings but the club seem to be playing their cards close to their chest at the moment which is beneficial, so I'm not complaining.

There could also be an element of him keeping quiet about potential signings at the clubs request, in return for getting exclusives once the deal is done?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I searched his Twitter last night, but didn't find a 'rubbish rumour'. As far as I remember, the only rumour he has rubbished, is the Zamora one.
You may remember more than me, however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here