Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamie Romero Gomez

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Jamie Murphy, was heavily linked.

Naylor has pulled all his targets off NSC other than Ameobi which has proved to be guff unlike Zamora (yet). This has been his worst transfer window ever. He has got nowhere near Rosenior, Bong, Harper, Hemed or Hambo. It's very easy to rubbish rumours as when he asks the club, they will always deny it no matter who. And you think he has done well? Odd.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Naylor has pulled all his targets off NSC other than Ameobi which has proved to be guff unlike Zamora (yet). This has been his worst transfer window ever. He has got nowhere near Rosenior, Bong, Harper, Hemed or Hambo. It's very easy to rubbish rumours as when he asks the club, they will always deny it no matter who. And you think he has done well? Odd.

Sorry can't agree. NSC hasn't got anywhere near most of our 'targets' either, Naylor isn't the greatest on the planet but seems to get some stick whatever he does, he's far from the worst local sports jurno you'll find.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's far easier for any journo to sit there and say that we're not linked with <insert player here> than vice versa, because if said player then does sign the journo can just say that it must have snuck in under the radar or similar, whereas suggesting that a player will sign who then doesn't leaves them open to much wider criticism - it's a simple case of playing probabilities to cover their arses as best they can.

I suspect the ultimate reason that Naylor has to take this approach these days is because he's not getting the info from the club that he used to, so he's got less concrete info with which to work.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Utter rubbish, no one has called any of the transfers this summer before they have happened. What Naylor has got right must of the window so far is highlight the targets that are mentioned on here to say that they are not happening.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Utter rubbish, no one has called any of the transfers this summer before they have happened. What Naylor has got right must of the window so far is highlight the targets that are mentioned on here to say that they are not happening.

What targets has he rubbished that will not happen? Ameobi - oh wait he went to Cardiff and Naylor started that one.

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
I can't think of one instance where Andy Naylor has mentioned a signing that has come off except the Finnish keeper.
You can't think of one instance except the one you mention lol. He also tweeted about Harper during the Crawley game before the official signing the next day. And dispelled a number of rumours. Done a good job as far as I can see.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can't think of one instance except the one you mention lol. He also tweeted about Harper during the Crawley game before the official signing the next day. And dispelled a number of rumours. Done a good job as far as I can see.

Everyone knew about Harper as it was in the Daily Mail & reported on Nsc the evening before he signed.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Everyone knew about Harper as it was in the Daily Mail & reported on Nsc the evening before he signed.

After Naylor has done a cryptic tweet.

Why do some feel the need to knock a local journalist at all times, it's very strange.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What targets has he rubbished that will not happen? Ameobi - oh wait he went to Cardiff and Naylor started that one.

The player from Iran, BZ for a start, just have a look through the threads for transfers and count how many players have been talked about on here and how many we have actually got right on this board, you can also add Romero as well. Naylor may not be the best, but it's easy on here to throw as many names into the frame, most of which have not happened and Naylor does tweet that names being linked to the club by people on here will not happen. Naylor is in the same position as some people on here that are ITK, they will know maybe a day or a few hours before the player signs. Naylor will be under a strict embargo until a certain time, whereas people on here can be a bit more forthcoming.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The player from Iran, BZ for a start, just have a look through the threads for transfers and count how many players have been talked about on here and how many we have actually got right on this board, you can also add Romero as well. Naylor may not be the best, but it's easy on here to throw as many names into the frame, most of which have not happened and Naylor does tweet that names being linked to the club by people on here will not happen. Naylor is in the same position as some people on here that are ITK, they will know maybe a day or a few hours before the player signs. Naylor will be under a strict embargo until a certain time, whereas people on here can be a bit more forthcoming.

I don't really understand why there is so much anti Naylor rhetoric on NSC. The guy is just doing his job and he always seems to have the club's interest at heart.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So you really think the club control the Argus?

Stumpy Tim

Sorry can't agree. NSC hasn't got anywhere near most of our 'targets' either, Naylor isn't the greatest on the planet but seems to get some stick whatever he does, he's far from the worst local sports jurno you'll find.

I don't really understand why there is so much anti Naylor rhetoric on NSC. The guy is just doing his job and he always seems to have the club's interest at heart.

To be fair, you're both right and I actually think Naylor is a good local journo. I'm also pleased he's not an Albion fan as he gives a good level of objectivity. On the subject of transfers though, he is behind the game. There's a reason for that though - as a journalist in a local rag he print confirmed stories, not conjecture that we get away with on NSC.

So if you want rumours you come here, once it's confirmed it's on The Argus (and here).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Naylor says there's nothing in it, I'm inclined to believe him. He took a big gamble writing off reports of Bob coming back and has since been proved (proven?) to be correct.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I dislike Naylor for two reasons, firstly, he just isn't very good at writing interesting pieces, most of what I read in his pieces is lifted from the club site with next to nothing added.
Secondly, he has form for knocking the supporters of the club. He said that fans who were disappointed with the original seat numbers of around 20,000 for the Amex were delusional, and we would be lucky to have gates of 15,000 for many years. If there seems to be a large number of fans moaning about lack of transfers, queues for pies, queues for trains or anything else, he will go off on one about how Brighton seems to have more moaners than your typical football club. The pieces Brian Owen does are also often lifted from the club site but come across better, without the crappy analogies that Naylor drags out.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I dislike Naylor for two reasons, firstly, he just isn't very good at writing interesting pieces, most of what I read in his pieces is lifted from the club site with next to nothing added.
Secondly, he has form for knocking the supporters of the club. He said that fans who were disappointed with the original seat numbers of around 20,000 for the Amex were delusional, and we would be lucky to have gates of 15,000 for many years. If there seems to be a large number of fans moaning about lack of transfers, queues for pies, queues for trains or anything else, he will go off on one about how Brighton seems to have more moaners than your typical football club. The pieces Brian Owen does are also often lifted from the club site but come across better, without the crappy analogies that Naylor drags out.

It's not easy filling the back page with Albion related stuff especially during the close season. We do have a lot of moaners though.

To many people jumping on the bandwagon of disliking Naylor. It's rather dull

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Naylor may not be the best, but it's easy on here to throw as many names into the frame
And it's even easier for him to just say 'no' each time, just like most of us do. The key is how many he's correctly predicted. Have there been any?
Naylor will be under a strict embargo until a certain time, whereas people on here can be a bit more forthcoming.
Naylor would only be under an embargo if the top people at the club were giving him information, and it seem they're not. And if his embargo meant he couldn't say anything until it was official, there'd be no point in telling him in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here