Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] James Beadle joins Oxford on loan

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Strong hint that James Beadle is moving on from L1 Oxford to presumably another ( Championship ? ) club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s been playing every game for them - why are we doing this Jan swap club with him…? I understand the others as they weren’t getting minutes but it does seem a bit harsh on Oxford…

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He’s been playing every game for them - why are we doing this Jan swap club with him…? I understand the others as they weren’t getting minutes but it does seem a bit harsh on Oxford…
Agree with this. They've actually played our loan player.

I can only think, we feel like we need to get him higher level matches with a view to bringing into the squad next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I can only think, we feel like we need to get him higher level matches with a view to bringing into the squad next season.
Yeh has to be the reason I guess, but it was only a few months ago we loaned him there. If he’s doing well, even at that level, I’d prefer us to respect the loan. Although I know nothing and we may well have told them we’re likely to recall in Jan if he does well and punt him to the champs clubs etc so maybe wrong of me to be too critical.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

This. Looks like it anyway - Oxford fans think he's off to Sheffield Wednesday.

Some Wednesday fans think it might have legs too.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This. Looks like it anyway - Oxford fans think he's off to Sheffield Wednesday.

Some Wednesday fans think it might have legs too.
It would be annoying having to want them to win

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bit surprised by this.

19, playing pretty much every game wearing the #1 shirt, team pushing for promotion via playoffs.

Looks like a near perfect loan.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would guess the point of moving him on is to get him playing at a higher standard, developing his career and developing our asset. If he's doing well at League 1 level and is comfortable at that then surely it's in his interests to push him on to a higher standard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bottom line is the club isn't a charity.

Oxford haven't been shafted as it would seem likely there's a clause in place, so the club are honouring the agreement.
Having been a very productive loan spell, for all parties concerned, I'd suggest Oxford are now in a strong position for future loans.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I wonder who’s ahead in the clubs eyes - Rushworth or Beadle. Both great prospects

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I wonder who’s ahead in the clubs eyes - Rushworth or Beadle. Both great prospects
Given the acceleration of Beadle's loans and the fact that Verbruggen is actually younger than Rushworth but was bought in the summer instead of offering a chance to Rushworth, it seems likely that it's Beadle.

Rushworth though is also an excellent young keeper, but we have so many of those.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes - been seen already. Off to Massive is the rumour.
Good move.

Gets to play at a small club wearing Blue/white stripes, Gets plenty of action (as their shit), before moving home to a "massive" club in blue/white stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here