Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
No chance of that. It would put an end to a lucrative rematch. This circus will run and run. Split decision or something similar, which will provoke some controversy.
In the rematch John Fury hits Jake Paul across the back with a fold away chair. Jake Paul manages to recover and somehow stops Fury with the referee stepping in, as Fury protests wildly that he is not hurt. Setting it up nicely for a third episode.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The morning after the night before, on reflection I think it bordered on farce at times, the judging was straight out of the Jury Room of a John Gotti trial in the 1980's, and perhaps the biggest insult of the night was the chief support bout saw Badou Jack at 39 join that unique group of fighters who have won World titles at 3 weights, yet all the plaudits go to the main event, and a classic case of you can fool some of the people some of the time, becuase the money generated from this contest represents Boxing's very own 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

Obviously through another avenue I know of Tommy and wish him and his young family all the best, he's got life changing money for this, but celebrating like you've won a modern day 'Rumble in the Jungle' is a bit wide of the mark, but good luck to him, I'd imagine Jake Paul will be on his Christmas Card list for life now.

Like him or not Jake Paul is a modern day P T Barnum, he's iniated a very elaborate and lucrative con trick which has paid handsomely, will he do it again?

Of course he will, if people are stupid enough to go for it a second time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The morning after the night before, on reflection I think it bordered on farce at times, the judging was straight out of the Jury Room of a John Gotti trial in the 1980's, and perhaps the biggest insult of the night was the chief support bout saw Badou Jack at 39 join that unique group of fighters who have won World titles at 3 weights, yet all the plaudits go to the main event, and a classic case of you can fool some of the people some of the time, becuase the money generated from this contest represents Boxing's very own 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

Obviously through another avenue I know of Tommy and wish him and his young family all the best, he's got life changing money for this, but celebrating like you've won a modern day 'Rumble in the Jungle' is a bit wide of the mark, but good luck to him, I'd imagine Jake Paul will be on his Christmas Card list for life now.

Like him or not Jake Paul is a modern day P T Barnum, he's iniated a very elaborate and lucrative con trick which has paid handsomely, will he do it again?

Of course he will, if people are stupid enough to go for it a second time.
Is your Amy still in touch with Fury & Molly? Any other contestants?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have watched 3 fights in the past 25 years but tuned in to watch this. It seemed a dull fight with a lot of hugging each other. Can’t say ill bother watching the next one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Poor standard from both , The you tuber had very little skill. As a boxing fan it was a tough watch.

Won't bother watching a rematch.

Pretty cringey

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is your Amy still in touch with Fury & Molly? Any other contestants?
Yes, obviously Molly's just had Bambi and Amy is due with Ian Goldstone Zamora Bernard Manning Rason on Sunday, so they are in touch talking all things babies, Amy also still sees Amber quite a lot.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I really don’t understand why people would want to watch a boxing match, with so little talent on show ,
and as for the media hyping it , I just shake my head in disbelief,
can’t believe there are idiots paying to watch this crap

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really don’t understand why people would want to watch a boxing match, with so little talent on show ,
and as for the media hyping it , I just shake my head in disbelief,
can’t believe there are idiots paying to watch this crap
As a pure boxing spectacle it was crap. But it was more a couple of characters, one from social media and one from reality tv, settling a 2 year old score. I don’t really get YouTube or RTV but an analogy for my generation would be, something like, Clarkson vs Morgan. I’d pay good money to see those two knobbers have a punch up….although sadly only one can lose.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
This isn’t proper boxing and anyone expecting it to be is barking up the wrong tree. As Steve bunce said this morning fury is not really a proper boxer. He would be ranked in the 30s for his weight in the U.K. just accept this for what it is. There is a market for it - my 12 year old daughter asked me over dinner last night who I thought would win. She has never asked me about boxing before.

I like boxing so didn’t really engage as celebrity fights don’t interest me. But they interest some people so they can crack on. If boxing purists don’t like it then maybe boxing should give the people the fights they actually want! How long have people wanted to see AJ vs fury?

Now I am off to go and neck a bottle of prime while filming myself on TikTok because I am down wiv da kidz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here