Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I enjoyed that very much.
Glad Tommy won.

Judges scored it wide imo, looked closer to me.
Rematch will be next I’m sure, good on Tommy.
Yeh me too. Sure it was never gonna be top level boxing but was good fun and Fury is a nice bloke for sure.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Commentator asks Jake Paul's brother what he said to Jake before the fight. (paraphrasing) "I said I believe in you, you got this. I love you man"

The commentator replies "I love you too"

:ROFLMAO:
We were creasing up with that 🤣

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Pretty novice post-fight comments from Paul, but he’s very green.

For the first time though, I do give Jake credit after that fight. He put on a good show and stepped up to a proper boxer, and put on a decent performance.
Will definitely watch the rematch.

If I were able to give him one tip though, it’d be to rely less on the Wilder right hand.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Ive definitely watched worse quality boxing from 'real' boxers. Enjoyed that more than I thought i would. Glad Tommy won.

Jake Paul saying he didnt agree with the judges points and saying he wasnt fully fit seemed poor comments.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How much did they reportedly earn from that?
They had the contract there and then to sign for winner takes all then apparently there was no mention as to whether it was signed. Not a clue re money - assume that really wasn’t the reason as both minted you’d assume. Tyson certainly doesn’t box for the money as gives loads away I think…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
PPV. I'm guessing their YouTube followers get roped in to pay to watch these guys. I had it on in the backround as working on laptop using you know what!
Ah. Yeh I paid but tbh was a nice eve. Watched all the undercard and had a few fun bets - but tbh was nice cos the Mrs was well into it. Didn’t expect top level boxing and will be getting a refund from BT as stream went down for a bit but we won £40 profit on Fury so had fun tbh. Didn’t expect top level boxing more panto and dislike that arrogant Paul so made it interesting…

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
PPV. I'm guessing their YouTube followers get roped in to pay to watch these guys. I had it on in the backround as working on laptop using you know what!

I'm going to guess that the PPV numbers for this fight were pretty damn big.
His followers as well as a many general boxing fans.

This fight crossed the threshold of the YouTube boxing farce, into a pretty big boxing event.

Bear in mind, I'm not a Jake Paul fan at all, in terms of his YouTube channel or persona. But you've got to give credit where due.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Ah. Yeh I paid but tbh was a nice eve. Watched all the undercard and had a few fun bets - but tbh was nice cos the Mrs was well into it. Didn’t expect top level boxing and will be getting a refund from BT as stream went down for a bit but we won £40 profit on Fury so had fun tbh. Didn’t expect top level boxing more panto and dislike that arrogant Paul so made it interesting…
Yeh, things we never knew our wives liked. Mine wanted to watch a bout a few years ago, think it was a Tyson Fury fight that had heavy publicity. We watched it but never sat down to watch another together, strange.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Also the first fight I've ever watched with my wife, usually I watch them on my own, or ocassionally in the pub with friends. And she wanted to watch purely because she followed the Love Island season with Tommy on it. She seems to know almost everything about him and his wife Molly. I don't mind, had a nice evening explaining all the ins and outs of boxing (well, what little I know really).

I think the purse was around $10m - presumably Jake Paul takes a bigger slice as his team produced / arranged the fight. Was an insanely big fight for two novices. Boxing can learn a thing or two about self-promotion from these YouTube celebs.

I did find the BT studio team really condescending about this. It was actually embarrasing listening to them barely hiding their utter disdain for the match. It's potential bringing millions of new boxing fans into the sport, why be so elitist?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here