Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jakarta terrorist attacks

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I blame FIFA

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest, I am starting to get to the stage whereby, watching the news is detrimental to my own personal mental well being.

I was on holiday recently so the only channels I could watch in my hotel were the French speaking or the English speaking channels because they were the only languages I can understand very well. The only channels in these languages were news channels.

That meant all I got on TV in the hotel was news. The American and British news was all about terrorism in the British Colonial countries. The French TV news was full of terrorism in the French Colonial Colonies. By the end of my holiday it seemed that every region around the world had some sort of Terrorist activity taking place.

A friend of mine I spoke to when I came back who doesn't own a TV and doesn't read newspapers said to me . ''You should stop watching so much news on TV and I guarantee you that you will feel much happier in life.

Since then I watch less TV and I actually think she was right. I don't get upset by as many things. Unfortunately, I hunger for knowledge of what is actually going on around me and in the world so I do then watch a bit of TV again but as soon as I do, then I don't feel as contented with life.

Does anyone else think that perhaps all these news channels filling us with all this doom and gloom about whats going on in the world is contributing to a society where people are less content in life?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Monitor your facebook over the next 24 hours. There will be more posts defending Islam than actually condemning the attackers or showing sympathy for the victims. A sign of the (very odd) times.

Yep, there is one fb page called Muslims Against ISIS, and all they do is defend Islam and sugarcoat it https://www.facebook.com/Muslims-Against-ISIS-1444672609121662/?fref=ts

They will always use the excuse that the attackers are not Muslim, and they use people like Trump to promote their Islamophobia agaenda.

Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK are even worse https://www.facebook.com/MPACUK1Ummah/?fref=ts

I've been banned from commenting on both and I do not consider myself offensive.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
To be honest, I am starting to get to the stage whereby, watching the news is detrimental to my own personal mental well being.

I was on holiday recently so the only channels I could watch in my hotel were the French speaking or the English speaking channels because they were the only languages I can understand very well. The only channels in these languages were news channels.

That meant all I got on TV in the hotel was news. The American and British news was all about terrorism in the British Colonial countries. The French TV news was full of terrorism in the French Colonial Colonies. By the end of my holiday it seemed that every region around the world had some sort of Terrorist activity taking place.

A friend of mine I spoke to when I came back who doesn't own a TV and doesn't read newspapers said to me . ''You should stop watching so much news on TV and I guarantee you that you will feel much happier in life.

Since then I watch less TV and I actually think she was right. I don't get upset by as many things. Unfortunately, I hunger for knowledge of what is actually going on around me and in the world so I do then watch a bit of TV again but as soon as I do, then I don't feel as contented with life.

Does anyone else think that perhaps all these news channels filling us with all this doom and gloom about whats going on in the world is contributing to a society where people are less content in life?

I am consumed by it to be honest and like you I do hunger for knowledge.

1.6 billion people believing in Muhammad the blood thirsty cheating warlord and sticking to the Islam religion of peace rhetoric is bonkers.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Yep, there is one fb page called Muslims Against ISIS, and all they do is defend Islam and sugarcoat it https://www.facebook.com/Muslims-Against-ISIS-1444672609121662/?fref=ts

They will always use the excuse that the attackers are not Muslim, and they use people like Trump to promote their Islamophobia agaenda.

Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK are really bad as well https://www.facebook.com/MPACUK1Ummah/?fref=ts

I've been banned from commenting on both and I do not consider myself offensive.

Quite. I am a proper left winger myself and hate the fact that if you question some aspects of the Muslim faith in any way then you are accused of being a Trump-like Right wing bigot. I wish people would stop saying they are not muslims.

Are they reflective of the majority of Muslims? NO
Are they good Muslims? NO
Should we judge the whole faith based on their actions? NO
Are they Muslim? YES

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Monitor your facebook over the next 24 hours. There will be more posts defending Islam than actually condemning the attackers or showing sympathy for the victims. A sign of the (very odd) times.

Quite. I am a proper left winger myself and hate the fact that if you question some aspects of the Muslim faith in any way then you are accused of being a Trump-like Right wing bigot. I wish people would stop saying they are not muslims.

Are they Muslim? YES

Confused.

I am consumed by it to be honest and like you I do hunger for knowledge.

1.6 billion people believing in Muhammad the blood thirsty cheating warlord and sticking to the Islam religion of peace rhetoric is bonkers.

Forgot Paedo there mate.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Confused.

What are you confused about? Do you not think there should be more posts considering the victims in this than defending Islam? My first thoughts after a terrorist attack are not about the faith receiving unjust criticism but with the victims of the attack. My point was that many peoples first thought is to defend the faith before they have even given sympathy to the attacked.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Are they Muslim? YES

Yep totally agree, Non Muslims get told to read the Quran to understand it better :mad:

All the so called moderate Muslims are a cover for the real Islam, some unknowingly and others deliberately.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Worth a watch, an honest view from a Muslim. By The Numbers

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit. Is ISIS, the Islamic State, trying to penetrate the U.S. with the refugee influx? Are Muslims radicalized on U.S. soil? Are organizations such as CAIR, who purport to represent American Muslims accepting and liberal or radicalized with links to terror organizations?

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Are they Muslim? YES
Exactly. You must not say anything, yet those that stick up for the religion that is causing trouble worldwide are rarely subjected to the names and abuse that those that oppose endure. Stay silent stick your fingers in your ears and eyes and it will all go away.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Worth a watch, an honest view from a Muslim. By The Numbers

By the Numbers is an honest and open discussion about Muslim opinions and demographics. Narrated by Raheel Raza, president of Muslims Facing Tomorrow, this short film is about the acceptance that radical Islam is a bigger problem than most politically correct governments and individuals are ready to admit. Is ISIS, the Islamic State, trying to penetrate the U.S. with the refugee influx? Are Muslims radicalized on U.S. soil? Are organizations such as CAIR, who purport to represent American Muslims accepting and liberal or radicalized with links to terror organizations?

https://youtu.be/pSPvnFDDQHk
Good luck with that one symyjym, I posted the same clip about a week ago, I doubt one of those that criticises the posts against the extremists bothered to watch it, even though it is presented by a very brave Muslim woman.
Exactly. You must not say anything, yet those that stick up for the religion that is causing trouble worldwide are rarely subjected to the names and abuse that those that oppose endure. Stay silent stick your fingers in your ears and eyes and it will all go away.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What are you confused about? Do you not think there should be more posts considering the victims in this than defending Islam? My first thoughts after a terrorist attack are not about the faith receiving unjust criticism but with the victims of the attack. My point was that many peoples first thought is to defend the faith before they have even given sympathy to the attacked.

The victims are muslim. So this isn't about Islam versus non-Islam, this is about fundamentalist Islam vs non-fundamentalist 'normal' Islam.

People are only defending their muslim faith because there are other people attacking it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The victims are muslim. So this isn't about Islam versus non-Islam, this is about fundamentalist Islam vs non-fundamentalist 'normal' Islam.

People are only defending their muslim faith because there are other people attacking it.

Of course people who have been brainwashed since children will defend their identity, but for non Muslims to appease and submit to them is dangerous.

Islam will always be open to a violent view just on the basis on how their hero lived his life. Even as an Atheist I understand that Jesus lived his life without sin, so if we strip the Holy books down to the men they are supposed to represent there is no comparrison between the two.

Daesh live the life of Muhammad and are emulating him without a conscience.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Muslim Public Affairs Committee UK are even worse https://www.facebook.com/MPACUK1Ummah/?fref=ts

I was on that group but took myself off it this week as I got sick and tired of their spin and they never answered a direct question. It should be renamed Muslims against the West

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here