Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbaksh as Striker?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He's been gash and not up to the level required in HIS position. No chance want to see him up there. Brings nothing to the table.

50k a week , needs selling asap for me

How many games did you see him play under Potter, out of interest?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Didn’t Locadia score goals in Holland? Like A LOT? Players coming to the PL from that league seem to be really hit and miss.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Just tell the bloke to ****ing hit hit if he sees the goal(s). The one, absolute, thing the fella can do is strike a football. Rest of it is the now 2-year issue

What do you mean by “rest of it”? The guy hardly played last season after his two class goals?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What do you mean by “rest of it”? The guy hardly played last season after his two class goals?

Rest of it = inability to control a football, assist and score goals having been tracked by the recruitment team for a couple of seasons before he signed. But, he can strike a football as evidenced by his overhead kick and the 30 yarder that hit the bar in his first season. With Maupay, Ali J is the most expensive signing in our club’s history and he has not delivered. Sometimes think he might be a doppelgänger of the bloke who scored for fun in Holland

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
AJ has not really been given a decent run of games to prove once an for all that he is good enough for the Premier League .I think it all goes back to the Bournemouth away game where he had a quiet game and did not feature much after that. I also remember he made some comments after the game about how we lost in a bit of a not to fussed sort of way .Maybe GP is one of those unforgiving sort of Managers ?. AJ certainly has a good shot on him around the Penalty box ,just seems a waste not to give him more of a chance .I don`t go for the theory about a player looks good in training its what a player does in the match that counts. It took a long time for GP to realize that Bissouma is a better player then either Propper or Stephens though the Jury is still out for GP for me.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
This reminds me of the season we started with Fenlon up front on his own .

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not for me. Trossard is crucial to our forward passing game. IMO he would be wasted up top.

Agree. Also a central striker needs to be able to ‘put themselves about a bit’, be up for a bit of argy bargy and winning crafty free kicks. Murray was the master, and Maupay has a touch of it too. Not sure that’s really Trossard. Ali J, maybe a little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But we've never really played him in his preferred position.. This is the problem.

AJ signs for a billion pounds, has a run of games as a left winger, and/or as an attacker on the left of a front three, and very much fails to convince.

AJ fanboys "It isn't his fault. He needs to play in his most favouritist position on the right".

AJ gets a run of games as a right winger / as an attacker on the right of a front three, and (other than two goals, and one really good cross) fails to convince again, then goes missing in a run of crucial games and gets sidelined.

AJ fanboys "It isn't his fault. He needs to play in his most favouritist position up front" (despite him never having played up front, ever).

I admire your loyalty and patience.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not sure what that proves, he squared up to a player after he lost the ball. It doesn't make difference what the manager thinks it's what the officials think.

He got stuck in, he's no lightweight was the point I was trying to make. MAybe you missed the game.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Has had plenty of opportunity to play Ali so see no reason why he will start now. In few games he played did more in attack then March has done in 2 years

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
**** it, why not. Doesn't look like we have anyone coming in, might as well throw him on and see what happens.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
He got stuck in, he's no lightweight was the point I was trying to make. MAybe you missed the game.

No, I only missed three games that season and in my humble opinion he hasn't got the strength or work rate required to play as a striker. With our system the strikers drop back and I just feel he is lazy.
Why ask the question about my attendance, lazy reporting.....

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
AJ signs for a billion pounds, has a run of games as a left winger, and/or as an attacker on the left of a front three, and very much fails to convince.

AJ fanboys "It isn't his fault. He needs to play in his most favouritist position on the right".

AJ gets a run of games as a right winger / as an attacker on the right of a front three, and (other than two goals, and one really good cross) fails to convince again, then goes missing in a run of crucial games and gets sidelined.

AJ fanboys "It isn't his fault. He needs to play in his most favouritist position up front" (despite him never having played up front, ever).

Not looked at the stats but he did not play much after Bournemouth away .As far as shooting is concerned it has been terrible from midfield .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I so hope you end up like this :smile:

D5CDA34D-383B-4BAC-AC70-06AE91FDC4FB.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here