Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jahanbaksh as Striker?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
He's been gash and not up to the level required in HIS position. No chance want to see him up there. Brings nothing to the table.

50k a week , needs selling asap for me

But we've never really played him in his preferred position.. This is the problem. Also, where did you find his wages amount?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Hmmm very interesting and a possibility, I wonder how many of us would be happy now if we suddenly announced we were interested in a striker who scored 21 goals in Holland the previous season. I know it's not quite like that, but he has got an eye for goal and the trickery to go with it. I would not be disappointed if that was part of the plan, my only concern would be, why did we not try that at the end of last season when we were safe, even for one game.

I like AJ and would like to see him stay, so good luck AJ

When he didn’t feature in any squad after lockdown weren’t there rumours he was probably one of those that tested positive?
This could explain why he’s only just now coming back into the reckoning?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Us (few) Ali J fans will bloody love it if he gets game time and proves all the “not even a footballer” NSC critics wrong. Will I gloat? Rely on it

I am delighted it looks like we are keeping him.

Me too, he's an attacking player who scores goals. idiotic not to try . . . could be our saviour if we don't acquire a Wood esque striker to replace Grandad Glen

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Play him upfront against Portsmouth in the League Cup and see how he performs.

Untill such time as we get another striker in, he will be needed as a backup option in case Maupay and/or Connolly are injured or suspended.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Potter has a history of 'retooling' players... look what he did to Burn..... and Ali J can shoot... where he has been playing most of the time didnt give him a lot of opportunity to do that.... if Brewster doesn't come in might be our Plan B and might.

Trossard doesn't inspire me with confidence as he doesn't look a goalscorer to me... more a mix of Noone and Gross... not sure he has a position that suits him in our structure.

Maupay and Ali J as a front two..... hmm that sounds good.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
E9SacV.gif

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But we've never really played him in his preferred position.. This is the problem. Also, where did you find his wages amount?

its nonsense though, Its not like you are saying that and he's been played 3 times as a Left back. He's made 29 appearances and has been in advanced areas of the pitch loads. For a premier league player he has barely shown anything to suggest he is good enough. The notion that we have to put him in exactly the position he prefers for him to become a good prem player is nonsense.

Players need to be adaptable and he's had his chances and simply not been good enough.

Thats the bottom line

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just tell the bloke to ****ing hit hit if he sees the goal(s). The one, absolute, thing the fella can do is strike a football. Rest of it is the now 2-year issue

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
its nonsense though, Its not like you are saying that and he's been played 3 times as a Left back. He's made 29 appearances and has been in advanced areas of the pitch loads. For a premier league player he has barely shown anything to suggest he is good enough. The notion that we have to put him in exactly the position he prefers for him to become a good prem player is nonsense.

Players need to be adaptable and he's had his chances and simply not been good enough.

Thats the bottom line

It's like playing Maupay at left wing and not being happy he's scored enough. Or playing a left back in right back it makes a huge difference to some players.Think it's just as much management fault than his own to be honest.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Thats the bottom line

Absolute grade 1 massive hairy bollocks.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Like the sound of this Phillip Trossard the bloke on SSN at the training ground just said could be a third striker.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Us (few) Ali J fans will bloody love it if he gets game time and proves all the “not even a footballer” NSC critics wrong. Will I gloat? Rely on it

I am delighted it looks like we are keeping him.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Yep, there’s more than a few scathing posts that would be worthy of bouncing that’s for sure.

He hardly got a chance after 2 great goals this season. Let’s hope he gets actual starts now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here