I've just cheered up

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I cheered myself up today by throwing myself headlong into an exceptionally busy day at work. Last night was, to put it very bluntly, a right beggar, and facing that poxy M23, where Pease Pottage Services was full of our friends giving it large and some prat had decided to cut the road from three lanes to one (what should have taken not much more than 5 minutes took 25), when most of the Palace fans were driving back and a good few Albion fans, did not brighten my mood. Did they really need to start the work by 10 pm? I got back to my flat fuming, and it took me a good while to calm down (I don't think I got to sleep until 3 am). Tonight I have cooked myself a nice piece of halibut and watched Chelsea cocking it up against Valencia.

As for the season ahead, I think some of our fans need to face reality; 5 Zero comes across as very reasonable, and I think his assessment is about right. It was obvious that all the stuff earlier about us bossing the division were absolute poppycock. We have to face it that Palace were better than us after 25 minutes last night. Some of our passing was utterly dire, and the midfield were virtually absent at times, other than Bridcutt. I don't like singling players out, but Harley was especially poor. However, as above, most sides have now beaten each other, and we outclassed Cardiff, who have otherwise had a pretty good start. A slight concern of mine, though, was Gus's view that the defence didn't need improving, and my concerns were shown to be right last night.

Last edited:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Can an Australian immigrant be plastic? You throw your abusive posts around like confetti but without much intelligence.
Who's an Australian immigrant? Tedebear?? How the f*** am I suppose to know that? :D

But it's people like that especially, that you need to sort out. You could see how many Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool/Australian Immigrant wankers were there last night. 1-1 with ten minutes to go in a game like that and hundreds of people heading for the exit. Sort it out FFS.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
You utter prick, why say that. She is loyal Brighton and just because she's young you say that kind of shit. It's easy coming on our board after beating us and posting a 2 word put down isn't it you arsehole.

Yes, yes it is. What's being young got to do with it? Educate these people otherwise you'll further embarrass yourselves like last night. 1-1 and people are going home?! Maybe I have a different mentality, I dunno.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Yes, yes it is. What's being young got to do with it? Educate these people otherwise you'll further embarrass yourselves like last night. 1-1 and people are going home?! Maybe I have a different mentality, I dunno.

Or maybe your just a gobby pikey, I "dunno"

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've cheered up after tonights results that see us still 5th and 2 points off top spot. But Gus needs to sort us out big style after last nights abject show. As sick as I felt last night I'm not so partisan to accept palace deserved it ( through gritted teeth) I'm going saturday at Ipswich, let's hope we get the wheels back on the Gus bus. Otherwise we really are in trouble

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

mate i was on your boards at bbs and plenty of your younger fans were saying they didn't understand the rivalry as well as they did one with charlton - it's just the recent history for them. maybe they know a bit better now, eh, with losers like you gobbing off the biggest f***ing cliche that banter has to offer these days.

just in case you don't get it:
Plastics

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Pikey or Nigel? Can you be both?

I saw plenty of both last night, although the ratio of Nigels was much higher, simply because of the lack of suitable caravan parking space at The Amex and the fact you have to have a job to afford to go to football these days.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I cheered myself up today by throwing myself headlong into an exceptionally busy day at work. Last night was, to put it very bluntly, a right beggar, and facing that poxy M23, where Pease Pottage Services was full of our friends giving it large and some prat had decided to cut the road from three lanes to one (what should have taken not much more than 5 minutes took 25), when most of the Palace fans were driving back and a good few Albion fans, did not brighten my mood. Did they really need to start the work by 10 pm? I got back to my flat fuming, and it took me a good while to calm down (I don't think I got to sleep until 3 am). Tonight I have cooked myself a nice piece of halibut and watched Chelsea cocking it up against Valencia.

As for the season ahead, I think some of our fans need to face reality; 5 Zero comes across as very reasonable, and I think his assessment is about right. It was obvious that all the stuff earlier about us bossing the division were absolute poppycock. We have to face it that Palace were better than us after 25 minutes last night. Some of our passing was utterly dire, and the midfield were virtually absent at times, other than Bridcutt. I don't like singling players out, but Harley was especially poor. However, as above, most sides have now beaten each other, and we outclassed Cardiff, who have otherwise had a pretty good start. A slight concern of mine, though, was Gus's view that the defence didn't need improving, and my concerns were shown to be right last night.

As a fellow sufferer of the road works and Pease Pottage Services (how I wish I didn't need a pee and a coffee!) I totally agree. Driving up the M23, round the M25 West and up the M1 to the Midlands is no fun at the best of times these days with multiple road works, but we must have been taken down to one lane 3 or 4 times. IMHO that should be banned until after midnight.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Fair play to you mate, as much as it pains me you deserved it last night (and it does pain me) but that 1st post was unnecessary. As for walking out at 1-1 your bang right, but people were gutted at our complete capitulation. I've only ever walked out of one game early and that was the result that shall not be named at your place a few years back.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Are you f'kin thick or something? Do you think the London riots were some sort of joke? No doubt you were one the scumbags throwing rocks at your own fans last night keyboard warrior.

No doubt?
You don't know me prick. You come on this board spouting shite and you don't like it when so one gives a bit back. Wanker. By the way, it's your lot that are used to throwing stones to smash in dixons to nick an iPhone cover.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
No doubt?
You don't know me prick. You come on this board spouting shite and you don't like it when so one gives a bit back. Wanker. By the way, it's your lot that are used to throwing stones to smash in dixons to nick an iPhone cover.
Oh I see what you've done there, CPFC is in Croydon, Croydon recently was subjected to riots and looting therefore all Palace fans were involved in burning down the area our club is situated in. Brilliant, did your boyfriend suck you off last night to ease the pain Murray and co inflicted upon you?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Oh I see what you've done there, CPFC is in Croydon, Croydon recently was subjected to riots and looting therefore all Palace fans were involved in burning down the area our club is situated in. Brilliant, did your boyfriend suck you off last night to ease the pain Murray and co inflicted upon you?

Love it. It really gets to you doesn't it?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
:bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:.
Obviously still gutted about the result on Tuesday, but your right we are still in the top 6, a result against Ipswich will see us back in the top two. Still think we'll finish in the play off's at least. Hope we hammer Palace at Sellhurst in January ans show who we REALLY ARE !!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Spot on. I'd rather loose twice to Palace and finish in top 6 than beat them and go down. We will bounce back. Plus we don't live in that shit hole Croydon!

I love your perspectives on my home-town. I can imagine all the Palace fans living in Coulsdon, Purley, Sanderstead, Shirley etc. who would be seething with jealousy at the thought of not being able to move to the wonderful seaside ambience of Whitehawk or Moulscombe. Let alone the delights of botterland in BN2.

Now both Leeds and Palace have scored three at the Amex all the other teams to come will be studying the videos. Your honeymoon is over lads. The goals last night to me looked like Wankergren went to sleep.

You need a new keeper. And Speroni ain't available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports