I've just cheered up

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
After feeling pysically sick after last night I've just had a look at the Championship table. We are still FIFTH and a win on saturday could see us back in the top two.

F**k that nasty horrible shitty little club from South London, our future is much brighter than theirs, it was only one game in a whole season of which we have only lost twice so far and we can get our own back at Slumhurst

Onwards and upwards, Brighton Till I Die :bhasign:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Spot on. I'd rather loose twice to Palace and finish in top 6 than beat them and go down. We will bounce back. Plus we don't live in that shit hole Croydon!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Spot on. I'd rather loose twice to Palace and finish in top 6 than beat them and go down. We will bounce back. Plus we don't live in that shut hole Croydon!

Yep it hurt but in the context of a season we may look back and laugh we got that upset, this year is all about staying in this league, end of. Palace are a mid table side at best (something we should aspire to) and we lost to a very average team that will get spanked by the like of Saints and West Ham, we need a reality check.

They've got West Ham on saturday I see :)

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I am well cheered up, I get to meet Gail Emms on Monday Night!

Ex-Olympic badminton star...go google!

Life goes on, we will rise again!

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
The result will be our shit result in a good season. The chances are that it will be Palace's best result in a mediocre/poor season.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
The result will be our shit result in a good season. The chances are that it will be Palace's best result in a mediocre/poor season.

Spot on mate, if Palarse play like they did in the first 25 minutes last night they will struggle, they were truly terrible. We just need to play brilliantly for 90 minutes and we'll be OK, it was like Jeckyl and Hyde again last night

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Ipswich on Saturday. Off we go again and leave Palace behind.............oh they are STILL behind

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It was a bad result and hard to take but maybe we needed this. The players have been the darlings of the fans and some media and have got plaudits left right and centre. This is the kick up the arse they need. They are no longer our idols, at least not until the next game they win.

Also... We have a fantastic Stadium that despite what some idiots have said, generates huge noise. Nearly every set of fans barring the scum have commented that the stadium makes as much or more noise than Premier league. Blackpool fan told me it was louder than nearly every premier league ground he'd been to last year. We HAVE got great fans and generate noise. It went quiet for the last 30mins last night but we all know why. Having said that the North didn't stop.

We have got a good squad with some quality players and a great manager and ambitious chairman that runs a club properly.

We're 5th in the league, we will finish above Palace and all is good.

Last edited:

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
I've been cheered up by coming across a programme from 2008. Showed the team photo being taken. Worth comparing this years team photos with last years - from seagullspics.com

brighton_and_hove_albion_5513695.jpg

first_team_squad_2010-11_3775031.jpg

Both taken in front of our best stand of the time :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
After feeling pysically sick after last night I've just had a look at the Championship table. We are still FIFTH and a win on saturday could see us back in the top two.

F**k that nasty horrible shitty little club from South London, our future is much brighter than theirs, it was only one game in a whole season of which we have only lost twice so far and we can get our own back at Slumhurst

Onwards and upwards, Brighton Till I Die :bhasign:

:clap2: :clap2:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yep it hurt but in the context of a season we may look back and laugh we got that upset, this year is all about staying in this league, end of. Palace are a mid table side at best (something we should aspire to) and we lost to a very average team that will get spanked by the like of Saints and West Ham, we need a reality check.

They've got West Ham on saturday I see :)

Less than 24 hours later and the delusion starts again. Face it, you took the league by suprise but now you've been found out, 1 point in 9 shows that. We totally outplayed you last night, it wasn't even close. If we are an average mid table side, with all due respect, then what are you? We didn't even have Clyne (our player of the year) and Garvan playing last night. You should be happy to consolidate this year in this league, a top half finish would be a great achievement.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
This is a good thread. On the way home from London Road station tonight, I saw a young boy playing football in the street with his dad. The kid was wearing a BHA shirt. He's bounced back from last night's defeat (if he was that affected by it in the first place) and that's good enough for me. A bit of perspective can be very helpful.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Less than 24 hours later and the delusion starts again. Face it, you took the league by suprise but now you've been found out, 1 point in 9 shows that. We totally outplayed you last night, it wasn't even close. If we are an average mid table side, with all due respect, then what are you? We didn't even have Clyne (our player of the year) and Garvan playing last night. You should be happy to consolidate this year in this league, a top half finish would be a great achievement.

You were totally shit for the first 25 minutes, in fact the worst start for a team I've seen at The Amex so far, we were totally shit in the second half and fair play you scored some goals, but one win does'nt make a season. I don't see any delusion in that....and yes staying in the league is the priority (but I said that in the first place) :facepalm:

Last edited:

sirbrian

Feb 5, 2004
Cup games and intense derby games can be an unwelcome distraction to the main business of surviving and prospering in the championship.

Also I am more than a bit disappointed by the capitulation in the stands, the silence and masses leaving early.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You were totally shit for the first 25 minutes, in fact the worst team I've seen down here so far, we were totally shit in the second half and fair play you scored some goals, but one win does'nt make a season. I don't see any delusion in that....

Poor for 20 minutes but once we felt ourselves into it and stopped showing you respect we played some great stuff. I won't change my prediction from 2 months ago, I think we will both be mid table sides with a slim chance of the play offs. You guys just seem to want it all so soon, that's the problem with a lot of football fans these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have cheered up as well with some retail therapy today

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Cup games and intense derby games can be an unwelcome distraction to the main business of surviving and prospering in the championship.

Also I am more than a bit disappointed by the capitulation in the stands, the silence and masses leaving early.

I think the mass exodus had more to do with the team letting the fans down big time and the fans responding to a terrible performance. No one can say the crowd did'nt get behind the team from the off last night (and at every game this year)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

We made you look good last night – a pub team would've done us yesterday. But we have been and we will be back to our normal BRILLIANCE very soon :wink:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Poor for 20 minutes but once we felt ourselves into it and stopped showing you respect we played some great stuff. I won't change my prediction from 2 months ago, I think we will both be mid table sides but we will both be with a slim chance of the play offs. You guys just seem to want it all so soon, that's the problem with a lot of football fans these days.

Not this fan and most Brighton fans I know, its convienient for you lot to find ANYTHING you can to have a pop at us because the future for our club is that much brighter than yours at the moment. Time will tell, time will tell..........

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think the mass exodus had more to do with the team letting the fans down big time and the fans responding to a terrible performance. No one can say the crowd did'nt get behind the team from the off last night (and at every game this year)

There is almost no excuse for leaving early.

Emergency, protest. That's it. Getting on a train early or a bad performance doesn't count. Fans left the North in front of me at 1-1.

I've never left early and I never will. Unless there's something really rather important (death, birth, missing relative etc) or we're walking out on bloom (like that will EVER happen :bowdown:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports