Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just cheered up

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was pretty dissapointed last night, but luckily for me I've not been around long enough to have developed such hatred and ill feeling due to the history, so whilst I completely understand it I can bounce back from last night loss relatively quickly (relative to many of you who have lived through the history). What makes it even easier is the element of Palace fans who come on here and behave like illiterate morons, and dish out the gay and homophobic diatribe, can't spell and wouldn't know grammar if it hit them on the face. Whilst we lost I'd far prefer to be a Brighton fan any day of the week than be associated with that minority.

I'm far more focused on what Gus does next, than worrying about losing last night so early on in the season. There is a long way to go this season.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
What makes it even easier is the element of Palace fans who come on here and behave like illiterate morons, and dish out the gay and homophobic diatribe, can't spell and wouldn't know grammar if it hit them on the face. Whilst we lost I'd far prefer to be a Brighton fan any day of the week than be associated with that minority.

Thats why we call them pikeys, they truly are ;-)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Less than 24 hours later and the delusion starts again. Face it, you took the league by suprise but now you've been found out, 1 point in 9 shows that. We totally outplayed you last night, it wasn't even close. If we are an average mid table side, with all due respect, then what are you? We didn't even have Clyne (our player of the year) and Garvan playing last night. You should be happy to consolidate this year in this league, a top half finish would be a great achievement.

Yep - delusion has most certainly arrived! Wasn't even close my arse! One nil with ten to go, you'd had hardly f*** all attempts on target (albeit more shite shots than we managed) and we imploded in the last ten.

Your lucky Heather and witches hexes worked well admittedly but please please stop the delusion.

You won a shit match, well done.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yep - delusion has most certainly arrived! Wasn't even close my arse! One nil with ten to go, you'd had hardly f*** all attempts on target (albeit more shite shots than we managed) and we imploded in the last ten.

Your lucky Heather and witches hexes worked well admittedly but please please stop the delusion.

You won a shit match, well done.

You know as well as I do that that's complete shit. You were awful after the 20th minute and in the second half we came forward again and again. Zaha and Williams made Vicente and Lua Lua look completely shite. The goals came in the last ten but had been coming for an hour. We had more pace, flair and effort all over the pitch.

You say we're a club on the decline!!? The best two players on the pitch were Williams and Zaha, both 17 year old ACADEMY PRODUCTS with 5 years left on their contracts. They're only going to get better.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
You know as well as I do that that's complete shit. You were awful after the 20th minute and in the second half we came forward again and again. Zaha and Williams made Vicente and Lua Lua look completely shite. The goals came in the last ten but had been coming for an hour. We had more pace, flair and effort all over the pitch.

You say we're a club on the decline!!? The best two players on the pitch were Williams and Zaha, both 17 year old ACADEMY PRODUCTS with 5 years left on their contracts. They're only going to get better.

One win does not make a season, in fact I'll be suprised if you play that well again, and you may well of peaked. We were truly shocking yesterday but you beat a generally very good side (ask Kenny Dalglish) who are 5th in the league and two points off the top so fair play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Zaha is Premiership quality you won't have him for long so enjoy him while you can.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Not denying we played badly - my point is that you were hardly breaking the door down! Struggling to remember much in the way of on target efforts.

If you are lauding your performance so highly then I've clearly underestimated your shitness previously.

You won a shit match by being gifted three goals in the last ten mins. Your academy players were good - not sure that means your decline has ended but we'll see I guess. We are definitely on the up though.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Zaha is Premiership quality you won't have him for long so enjoy him while you can.

He IS Premiership quality and we'll have him for another year or two yet before getting a massive fee for him.

Another fine success for the youth setup.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've cheered up by realising that anybody can beat anyone in this division. We beat Donny, Donny beat Palace, they beat us. We beat Cardiff, Cardiff beat Southampton. West Ham got beaten by Ipswich, that lost 7-1 to Posh, that we beat 2-0. We are still in the playoffs and only two points off the top.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
After feeling pysically sick after last night I've just had a look at the Championship table. We are still FIFTH and a win on saturday could see us back in the top two.

F**k that nasty horrible shitty little club from South London, our future is much brighter than theirs, it was only one game in a whole season of which we have only lost twice so far and we can get our own back at Slumhurst

Onwards and upwards, Brighton Till I Die :bhasign:

Well said, ive already got over it after an almost sleepless night, all the crappy emotions running around my head, the beer didnt help tbh. Yeah all got to put in perspective, great start to season anyway, the team cant be fine tuned to exactly what we need in one transfer window alone, takes time (palace has had loads to develop their team at this level and it showed) we're doing great so far one step at a time....oh yeah and we will have our revenge anyway.

Bizzarely today i had to drive my taxi to south norwood, right past selhurst park, never been there before. Just odd after having to watch them beat us only the night before. Anyway cheered me up seeing their crumbling relic of a stadium, made me realise how far we've come

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I've cheered up by realising that anybody can beat anyone in this division. We beat Donny, Donny beat Palace, they beat us. We beat Cardiff, Cardiff beat Southampton. West Ham got beaten by Ipswich, that lost 7-1 to Posh, that we beat 2-0. We are still in the playoffs and only two points off the top.

The most sensible post in this whole thread, I think!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
I was pretty dissapointed last night, but luckily for me I've not been around long enough to have developed such hatred and ill feeling due to the history, so whilst I completely understand it I can bounce back from last night loss relatively quickly (relative to many of you who have lived through the history). What makes it even easier is the element of Palace fans who come on here and behave like illiterate morons, and dish out the gay and homophobic diatribe, can't spell and wouldn't know grammar if it hit them on the face. Whilst we lost I'd far prefer to be a Brighton fan any day of the week than be associated with that minority.

I'm far more focused on what Gus does next, than worrying about losing last night so early on in the season. There is a long way to go this season.
Plastic wanker.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009

This :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here