Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan toney going to be in trouble - BANNED for 8 months to 17th Jan 2024

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Holy Moly..half a season out, if they don't start strong they could really struggle. Also think a bigger team might take the risk on him knowing he's back for the second half of the season

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Already getting triggered by people saying ‘I know it’s wrong what he did but…..’

He knew what he did was wrong, we don’t know the exact details of the bets placed but you have to assume it’s been dealt with harshly because the bets involved were obviously games he may have been directly/indirectly involved with.

Deserves the ban, he knew what he was doing was wrong.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I work it out as around 22 games based on 18/19 seasons fixture list, the last normal season we had.

That's not really that much given the charges
Interesting if it is only 22 games. Mitrovic has missed 14 games thus season and we've not done too badly. A decent backup striker and system (which I'm sure the bus stop in Hounslow can manage) will see them alright and Ivan will come back even hungrier in time for the Euros 2026.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Interesting if it is only 22 games. Mitrovic has missed 14 games thus season and we've not done too badly. A decent backup striker and system (which I'm sure the bus stop in Hounslow can manage) will see them alright and Ivan will come back even hungrier in time for the Euros 2026.
Blimey. I know time goes quicker the older we get but I didn't think we'd arrived in 2025 yet. :eek:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Holy Moly..half a season out, if they don't start strong they could really struggle. Also think a bigger team might take the risk on him knowing he's back for the second half of the season
But at least Brentford now know where they stand for the start of next season. Plenty of time in the summer to find a replacement.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just when they’re about to play Spurs - of course. Thanks.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
But at least Brentford now know where they stand for the start of next season. Plenty of time in the summer to find a replacement.
Irreplaceable for a team their size..one of the few genuine 20 goal a season strikers in the league.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'd love to know what these breeches are.

- If he is blowing thousands a week up the wall on shite bets, he probably needed help. That's what Merson got all those years ago.
- if he is betting fivers and tenners like Joey Barton was, it's an incredibly harsh ban.
- if it's using inside info to make money (line ups etc), he deserves 8 months and more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ivan Toney has been suspended from all football and football-related activity with immediate effect for eight months

This has to be a ****ing wind up. Two games of the season left, and giving Spurs a huge boost to their European challenge, after he denied us a win a few games ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here