Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV Comentary

el punal

Look, I'm probably an archetype of the wet lefty give-quiche-a-chance coningent, but when England are playing and it's being televised on English TV I expect a majority of those in the studio to be English or, failing that, not to have the majority in the studio rooting for the opposition. Do we not have BBC Scotland? Do we not have BBC Wales? As for ITV they can do one. ITV used to be regional; in fact I think we continue to be 'served' by TVS or somesuch, here in Kent. That's English, still, I would imagine. Unless it's been flogged to the Americans, but even so they still have a duty to serve the local people. So there is no excuse for all this delocalised flummery. For the golf, versus the Americans then by all means, have some French, Spanish and Jocks in the studio (we are on the same side in that, I gather). Otherwise, **** off. I don't want to be stuck in the away end when watching England on the telly. There, I said it. And....exhale.

Cheers Jocky! :D

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I like this ITV combo at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't catch the main commentators name but (as mentioned before) Emma Hayes is on co comms. She knows her stuff.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I like this ITV combo at the moment. Unfortunately I didn't catch the main commentators name but (as mentioned before) Emma Hayes is on co comms. She knows her stuff.

Joe Speight

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Is this Sam Matterface with Ally McCoist in the France Switzerland game? Dreadful. Their laddish 'banter' is just so tiresome. Not funny, tired and lame..

It's worse than Tyldesley and Townsend.

Although it could actually be Tyldesley...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is this Sam Matterface with Ally McCoist in the France Switzerland game? Dreadful. Their laddish 'banter' is just so tiresome. Not funny, tired and lame..

It's worse than Tyldesley and Townsend.

Although it could actually be Tyldesley...

I think Ally McCoist sounds like a poor Sean Connery impersonator....

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Commentators are so bloody dense. Half the time they don't know the rules, they miss obvious things after multiple replays that I clearly saw in real time the first time.

They sit and watch the same feed we do, so they add no actual value by being at the ground (are they even there?). They only ever comment on what the screen shows.

Just now in the Spain game, the Spanish player commits a foul winning a header from a corner. The ref clearly indicates a foul, sees the keeper caught it, so waves play on as an advantage. The commentators talk about what a chance it was, and how the referee didn't give anything :nono:

How are they all so unbelievably thick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here