Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

it's Obvious (21)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sancho. Worked it out, and I'm normally shit at these things. I'll have to always be half pissed when attempting logic puzzles in future!

Guessed more like? I like you need a few drinks and i could probably see it too.....how does he work it out?

Assuming they know the color before the fell in the sand...............

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Yes, I agree. Sancho should have sussed out he has a Blue because otherwise Carlos would have revealed 'he' had a blue as he would see two red hats!

​if that makes any sense!

yes it makes sense but still does not answer the question:tantrum:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Guessed more like? I like you need a few drinks and i could probably see it too.....how does he work it out?

Assuming they know the color before the fell in the sand...............

*SPOILERS BELOW*

The prisoners know there are Two Red Hats & Two Blue Hats.

Sancho can see that Pedro has a blue hat. He doesn't know what colour hat he has.

He also knows Carlos is behind him. If Sancho also had a blue hat then Carlos could see both blue hats and would know he himself had a red hat, so he would shout out "I have a red hat" and they would all be saved.

So because Carlos doesn't shout out, this must mean that he can see one of each colour. Sancho knows that Pedro has the blue hat so he must have a red hat.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
*SPOILERS BELOW*

The prisoners know there are Two Red Hats & Two Blue Hats.

Sancho can see that Pedro has a blue hat. He doesn't know what colour hat he has.

He also knows Carlos is behind him. If Sancho also had a blue hat then Carlos could see both blue hats and would know he himself had a red hat, so he would shout out "I have a red hat" and they would all be saved.

So because Carlos doesn't shout out, this must mean that he can see one of each colour. Sancho knows that Pedro has the blue hat so he must have a red hat.

Get it (theory)but still i don't Pedro has a RED hat? am i missing something or just being thick beyond all belief...i do get it though....why does Pedro have a Blue hat again? It's clearly red

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Really? You can't understand the answer is Sancho that answers the question correctly, or more disturbingly you just can't understand why?

But Pedro has a RED hat....the spoiler said Pedro had a BLUE hat.......by the way thank god i am not Sancho or we would be fuked :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here