Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

it's Obvious (21)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boot Boot = 2 what does boot = I`m struggling
If boot boot = 2 (which is does) then boot = square root of 2, = 1.41.

That's why it's 21.41

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No if boot = 1 Boot Boot = 11
Not in maths. If a = 1 and b = 1, then ab = 1, because it's a times b. Boot Boot is Boot times Boot.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This thread best not run too much longer without an answer clearly defined......it's Saturday and i am having a drink...maths lessons? anybody?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Nearly. If boot = 1.4142, then boot boot = 1.4142 * 1.4142 = 2.

No, AAAAAAAA = 6,561.

I do think poster meant two boots = two...... so one boot = one .............But figures and numbers don`t mix....Lies damn lies and statistics come to mind

So answer 22.... (1 + 10) x 2

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I do think poster meant two boots = two...... so one boot = one
It's not what the poster meant that matters, it's what the poster wrote. It's a maths question, so multiplication comes before addition (important for the last part) and boot is just a symbol in algebra, so boot boot means boot times boot, not boot plus boot. That's just how algebra works.

So answer 22.... 1 + 10 x 2
That would be 21, you have to do the multiplication first. BODMAS (or something).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's not an age thing, you just weren't taught very well.

They were decent schools / colleges, but the teachers were of the generation that has also failed to teach proper Grammar, etc (yet moan about poor standards on here) so you are probably right

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They were decent schools / colleges, but the teachers were of the generation that has also failed to teach proper Grammar, etc (yet moan about poor standards on here) so you are probably right
Obviously I'm just teasing, but many a true word said in jest - it's not a new thing.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It's not what the poster meant that matters, it's what the poster wrote. It's a maths question, so multiplication comes before addition (important for the last part) and boot is just a symbol in algebra, so boot boot means boot times boot, not boot plus boot. That's just how algebra works.

That would be 21, you have to do the multiplication first. BODMAS (or something).

think you`re wrong but another ? for you .... Answer = ??(see original sum) my 22 works ? = 2 but your 21 doesn`t so what does ? =

Appologies been drinking...Off to bed

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
the answer is a Horse with only two shoes,all that remains of the rider is a single boot it the stirrup.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

A boot (1)(because a pair is of boots is 2) + a horse (10) × a single horseshoe (2) (because a pair of horseshoes is 4)= 22

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
critical_thinking1.jpg

Four prisoners are buried up to the neck in sand and each can see only what is in front of him. The wall completely blocks vision. They are told that there are 2 red hats and 2 blue, but none of them knows the colour of his own hat.

The buried men are given two minutes in which time one of them must correctly call out the colour of his own hat.

If the first one to speak does this, they will all be freed.

If not, they will all be left there. No communication is allowed and an incorrect answer means they all lose. After about one minute, one of the prisoners calls out correctly. Which one is it, and how does he know?

Cheating/googling the answer is easy .. give it some thought!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
attachment.php

Four prisoners are buried up to the neck in sand and each can see only what is in front of him. The wall completely blocks vision. They are told that there are 2 red hats and 2 blue, but none of them knows the colour of his own hat.

The buried men are given two minutes in which time one of them must correctly call out the colour of his own hat.

If not, they will all be left there. No communication is allowed and an incorrect answer means they all lose. After about one minute, one of the prisoners calls out correctly. Which one is it, and how does he know?

Sancho. Worked it out, and I'm normally shit at these things. I'll have to always be half pissed when attempting logic puzzles in future!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
View attachment 76595

It is Sancho..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here