Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Maggie Thatchers Fault

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Thatcher distroyed this country, taking away every industry she could, destroying whole communities and lives in the process. She created the massive poverty gap we have at the moment and the amount of funding she cut from the NHS letting poor people die was a disgrace. When she finally croaks it I for one will be having a massive party and hoping that her death was a painful one.
She saved what little industry we had by stopping all the strikes. She sold of the council houses making affordable housing for people. And wishing a painful death on her clearly makes you a horrid person.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not read all of this thread but it does occur to me that a large percentage of the population hate the woman she does have rather a lot things that she alone is responsible for
she is history time to move on

edit
the most despicable thing she is responsible for was closing the metal institutions Frien Barnet mental hospital was in her constituency and is now a housing estate I believe where did all those people go?

Last edited:

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Yes she sold council houses but made sure said money could n't be re-invested in new stock for new council tenants. the Falklands could have been avoided and nearly turn into a disaster for our troops because at the end they were nearly out of ammo as her Gov. were at the time in the process of running down all the forces, sounds as if we,re going down the same path again , what party is in power?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Come on then, who called me a 'left wing moron' on my reputation?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of you would do well to watch the Andrew Marr 'History of Britain', and see how Mrs Thatcher is portrayed on that. If you recall the country was in a complete mess before she arrived thanks to James Callaghan.

Even Mr Blair comes out with credit and IMO, he was much worse as was Brown. The current mess is down to the Labour party, I don't particularly like Cameron or Clegg either, but cannot see any credible alternative.

Really? You've kept that quiet.

Yeah. We get the hint. You've left the country. Thanks for the info, bro.

Since both those answers were in response, then I don't understand YOUR point mush.

Incidental that this thread was straying from the subject then of thatcher's activities, to suggest the public at large are responsible for everything they suffer for from the incumbent governing leadership. Nope, when talking about thatcher, let's NOT make it an issue blaming everyone who was subjected to her decisions.

Yes, I did modify the effect on my life from all these governments - when finally fed up to the back teeth, and to cap it all working for a government industry - by leaving altogether and starting my own business abroad - something I'd have probably not done if I'd stayed and suffered through the strikes & 3-day weeks that ensued here in 1981/82.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It could have been avoided in the same way that Harold Wilson avoided it in 1977, by sending a naval force on "extended manoeuvres" and letting Buenos Aires know on the diplomatic grapevine that any attempt to take the islands would be met with the strongest resistance.

Ah I see the left is rewriting history. Yes all wars could be avoided if this happened or that didn't happen, any fool can do that. What is the interesting point is the number of labour supporters that left in Droves when they saw so-called anti-facists siding with a facist regime. Including me.:)

And you still attempt to besmearch the Falklands, sad, it really is, or you are more to the point.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
As Education secretary under Edward Heath in a foretaste of what is to come, stops free milk for school children. No chance of the widely praised 'free fruit' scheme ever being Tory policy! She later deregulates school meals so all they have on the menu is burger and chips! The health of the nation was not something Thatcher thought any of her concern
so that why iam fat

your fat because you are a greedy barstad.:)

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Society gets what society deserves. don't blame Maggie or the Police......oh sh*t Man city have just scored.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It could have been avoided in the same way that Harold Wilson avoided it in 1977, by sending a naval force on "extended manoeuvres" and letting Buenos Aires know on the diplomatic grapevine that any attempt to take the islands would be met with the strongest resistance.
DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT!.....Like we did at the Suez canal in 1956,we had a fleet of 3 Aircraft carriers ,6 cruisers 3 squadrons of destroyers,6 submarines and lots of patrol craft,plus the Army,marines and Air force,plus the French and Israeli forces...I was there and landed in Egypt... Our show of force did'n t stop the war...No it did not.It was stopped by American politics,by then our forces where at the Bitter lakes. THERE WAS NO WAY THAT THE FALKLANDS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED...once the Argies had landed. The days of gunboat diplomancy have long gone .....I think you should look more to Blairs illegal war against Iraq....that could've been avoided.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
We invaded Suez without American permission and then paid the price.

Its been downhill ever since in terms of world power.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
She did beat the Argies & supported our troops

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
America buying up black market exocet missiles as a favour to the British, from the FRENCH, before they ended up in the hands of the Argentine Government had a more direct effect on the outcome of the conflict,

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
I've noticed that the lefties on here manage to blame things on Maggie even thought she left office 20 years ago. Therefore to make things easier I thought I should start a thread to allow them to blame everything on her directly. Come on lefties don't worry if it started donkeys years after she retired feel free to blame it on her & add that it was nothing to do with all those years under Mr "WMD for definite" B Liar & the sell all the gold for 50p Scottish bloke. Also lets ignore the years of allowing millions of immigrants in to take up up jobs while allowing British people to spend their lives on benefits (before the Credit Crunch). Lets try hard - even if it happened before Maggie was born we can find a way to blame her!

To start the ball rolling I blame her for the extinction of the dinosaurs - must have been her fault!

Any to beat that?

it looks like the spirit in which your post was started has been lost on the lefties........why do they have a zero tolerance when it comes to humour?......i still believe she is responsible for David Icke`s breakdown

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Thatcher created a greedy and materialistic society. Times where hard in the 70's but everybody stuck together. You didn't need to own your a home or a car to have respect. We new everyone in our street, after a few years of Thatchers Tory rule that friendliness dissapeared and the neighbourhood spirit just went.
When she dies I will be going out to celebrate, growing up in Thatchers Britain as a teenager was a miserable experience.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I blame her for the destruction of the British mining and steel industries and the social fabric of the communities which depended upon them. If that makes me a lefty, bring it on.

My wife, who is inclined to be Scottish, comes from an ex mining village near Edinburgh. It is an ex mining village for one simple reason, the great Satan Scargill refused to allow the miners, who were democratically on strike, to carry our routine maintenance resulting in flooding and collapse. The result was the pit could not again be reopened and all lost their jobs.
I regularly visit her family up there and enjoy winding the locals up in the local Celtic pub like 2 bob clocks as to the virtues of the great Maggie. One particularly vocal ex miner said he could not wait to make his first visit to England when she died so he could dance on her grave. I said I would make a point to come and watch as she is being buried at sea, much to the amusement of those who had been previously voicing their anti Tory rhetoric:albion:

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
We new everyone in our street, after a few years of Thatchers Tory rule that friendliness dissapeared and the neighbourhood spirit just went.
That says more about the people on your street than it does Thatcher.

People are just as friendly where I lived then as they are now.

People are quick to criticise (yes, with good reason in some cases, blah blah blah), however there is great hypocrisy they appear to revel in the wealth that it created them. They all own their houses, have cars, TVs, phones, meals out, PCs, holidays abroad etc. Most of which was not possible with the dire state of the economy in the 70s.

The fickle people on your street, maybe they should have been excluded from the wealth that the nation benefited from so as to not suddenly becoming unfriendly and disrespectful. I assume you have shunned cars, house ownership, TVs, holidays abroad, computers, mobile phones etc. to help preserve your sense of friendliness and respect? Or do you understand it's possible to benefit from wealth and still remain a decent human being?..............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here