It's Maggie Thatchers Fault

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I've noticed that the lefties on here manage to blame things on Maggie even thought she left office 20 years ago. Therefore to make things easier I thought I should start a thread to allow them to blame everything on her directly. Come on lefties don't worry if it started donkeys years after she retired feel free to blame it on her & add that it was nothing to do with all those years under Mr "WMD for definite" B Liar & the sell all the gold for 50p Scottish bloke. Also lets ignore the years of allowing millions of immigrants in to take up up jobs while allowing British people to spend their lives on benefits (before the Credit Crunch). Lets try hard - even if it happened before Maggie was born we can find a way to blame her!

To start the ball rolling I blame her for the extinction of the dinosaurs - must have been her fault!

Any to beat that?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're so right, why do people INSIST on this reductive and simplistic idea on blaming it all on Thatcher, when they could be blaming it all on New Labour.

???

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I blame her for the destruction of the British mining and steel industries and the social fabric of the communities which depended upon them. If that makes me a lefty, bring it on.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I blame her for the destruction of the British mining and steel industries and the social fabric of the communities which depended upon them. If that makes me a lefty, bring it on.

While I agree that our manufacturing industries should have been better supported, if an industry is losing millions when does it stop being cost effective to support it? Although you raise a valid (& welcome) point I would suggest that the role of Arthur Scargill & his type are equally responsible in the demise of our once great industries. I'm not an expert but I don't feel we can compete in a global market like we could in the 80's so its a tough subject to debate.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

This, and much much more.........

Seagull1967

Aug 8, 2009
Barnsley
When do we start to blame the unions for destroying the car industry in the 70's and other manufacturing sectors! High taxes! It all started to go wrong from the late 60's.

Or you could say our country started to lose it's way when the British empire started to crumble.
I for one do not blame the government of 80's there were so many problems that we pick and choose the things we dislike rather than deal with the issues of today... ;)

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
In years to come they'll be forced to reopen the mines this woman closed as it becomes too expensive to import and anyone who worked at the time of that woman (can't bring myself to say it's name) knows that she was saved by a war that could have been avoided. Large parts of the country will rejoice when she is finally gone.

franks brother

As Education secretary under Edward Heath in a foretaste of what is to come, stops free milk for school children. No chance of the widely praised 'free fruit' scheme ever being Tory policy! She later deregulates school meals so all they have on the menu is burger and chips! The health of the nation was not something Thatcher thought any of her concern
so that why iam fat

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I've noticed that the lefties on here manage to blame things on Maggie even thought she left office 20 years ago. Therefore to make things easier I thought I should start a thread to allow them to blame everything on her directly. Come on lefties don't worry if it started donkeys years after she retired feel free to blame it on her & add that it was nothing to do with all those years under Mr "WMD for definite" B Liar & the sell all the gold for 50p Scottish bloke. Also lets ignore the years of allowing millions of immigrants in to take up up jobs while allowing British people to spend their lives on benefits (before the Credit Crunch). Lets try hard - even if it happened before Maggie was born we can find a way to blame her!

To start the ball rolling I blame her for the extinction of the dinosaurs - must have been her fault!

Any to beat that?

This one could run and run so I will perhaps only cite as an example only one of the major 'complaints' of many ie the 'Poll Tax'

What we have now, in the Council Tax, is virtually no different from the Poll Tax ( which was inherently fair, the only difference was that it included all in the 'funding' of public services), much derided it may have been, but it set out to encourage a feeling of social responsibility in saying to the young, that social services, police, fire, etc. do not come for free ! Now the bill is simply picked up by the householder rather than being spread across the 4, 6, 12 persons in the household.

Given the events of the last week or so, perhaps that message might have been well understood by those thieving a---h---- who displayed absolutely no conception of where the 'money' comes from, I hope that those so vehemently against the poll tax may take time to reflect.

The fact is that, at any point in time there are three, perhaps four categories of humanity in this country, the super rich, the super poor, those just surviving, and then there are those, the huge or vast majority of us and in which group I include myself, who actually end up paying for things.

So the rioters are not attacking the government, they have simply been taking an opportunity to 'own' the things which everyone else worked to achieve or own all by themselves.

So sad also that 'human rights' has removed so much of everything which was so wonderful about this country in the past.

Expect to be torn apart for this but it needed to be said.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Once I have stopped laughing at the hilarity of this thread, not to mention sewn my split sides up, I might post something.

Whispers quietly: bazbha here's a tip....try some new gags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports