Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "It’s like the old Billy Gilmour we’ve got back."

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For a while the BBC had him down as providing the assist for the first goal, but I see that assist has now disappeared.

I don't know what constitutes an assist if it isn't obvious, but I'm guessing that someone has studied the rules, and deemed Gilmour's strike that was parried by Pope, was not 'an assist' but a shot on goal.
Maybe given the assist to Pope :laugh: :laugh:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely outstanding performance. His best so far and is getting better each week. Ran the game, absolutely controlled it. Looks a star if he can maintain that kind of level, our next £100m player

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It says he got an assist for Fergie's 2nd goal, which is true, but surely he got an assist for the 1st goal as well?
I thought that but, because it was saved by the keeper, it cancels it, I think. Unless Pope got the assist???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rumours today are that Chelsea have a buy-back clause. I suspect it’s bollocks based on Chelsea scouts being at the ManU game to see who they can next spunk £100m on.

Of no concern if true.

Typically all that would mean is if we agree a sale of Gilmour, Chelsea would have the opportunity to match those terms and complete the transfer to them. A first refusal of sorts.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Of no concern if true.

Typically all that would mean is if we agree a sale of Gilmour, Chelsea would have the opportunity to match those terms and complete the transfer to them. A first refusal of sorts.
And even then Gilmour would have to agree to the move.

But there probably isn't one anyway as the article is pure speculation

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And even then Gilmour would have to agree to the move.
He would, he posted a “Once a Blue always a Blue” to Chelsea fans when he signed for us. He could of course have been doing a Bruno :smile:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Exactly. Why would you go back to Boehly's Burgers when you've been dining on Wagyu Sirloin for the past couple of years.
Which is of course a question we've asked of other players, who've then gone onto to scrum themselves stupid on rancid burgers

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I don't know why. :shrug:

Maybe ask Levi Colwill?
I don’t think Colwill had many options once it became clear he wasn’t going to be allowed to leave.

Gilmour got to leave, and did so that he could play. Hopefully this shows he’s sensible enough not to go somewhere just for the money but that he cares about his career as well.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
why would they need to scout him , everyone knows what he can do
can’t see the club do a buy back clause

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes, we know, so that's why going back to Chesea is in the conversation.
But he was on loan. He has to go back. Admittedly he seemed open to a transfer to Brighton, but once Chelsea said he was going nowhere I doubt he had many options

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here