Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "It’s like the old Billy Gilmour we’ve got back."

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I know he’s been playing great recently but this for me was his best game, it’s not just his passing accuracy etc and it’s not just the way he gets about the pitch. Today I say Gilmour 2.0, he was not only making us tick but he was leading the team, always making himself available, demanding the ball, or pointing to where to should go. Today he really reminded me of Modric, he was the heartbeat of the side and orchestrated most of our passages of play.
Obviously he's not at that level yet but Modric is a good shout in comparison for style of play and use of the ball.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
1693726328341.jpeg

been doing great since line of duty finished.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I know f*** all about football but standard Gilmour reminds me of Davy Propper when he had a particularly good day.

Probably helps that we're somewhat more into attacking

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
“Billy Gilmour looked in great form in the centre of midfield for Brighton as they swept aside Newcastle. The visitors with their new wealth entered the Champions League draw this week and a tough draw won’t make Eddie Howe’s job any easier. If the new owners do get twitchy, there’d be no better replacement than Roberto De Zerbi”
Football constantly disappoints me but RDZ strikes me as a man with morals. I’d hope that club would be the last he’d consider when there will be plenty of other options ultimately. As well as not walking out on us, Potter-style, obviously.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Football constantly disappoints me but RDZ strikes me as a man with morals. I’d hope that club would be the last he’d consider when there will be plenty of other options ultimately. As well as not walking out on us, Potter-style, obviously.
I hope so too, I do think, that when he goes it’ll be a huge club away from these shores. He was considered for the Barca job. I think he’ll end up there, after winning the quadruple with us obviously. For now, im just going to bask in his munificence.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I hope so too, I do think, that when he goes it’ll be a huge club away from these shores. He was considered for the Barca job. I think he’ll end up there, after winning the quadruple with us obviously. For now, im just going to bask in his munificence.
If he went to Barcelona, who do you reckon he’d want to take with him from Brighton?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
City more likely for RDZ than Barca I reckon

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I know he’s been playing great recently but this for me was his best game, it’s not just his passing accuracy etc and it’s not just the way he gets about the pitch. Today I say Gilmour 2.0, he was not only making us tick but he was leading the team, always making himself available, demanding the ball, or pointing to where to should go. Today he really reminded me of Modric, he was the heartbeat of the side and orchestrated most of our passages of play.
Absolutely- in fact it was his stretch when the Newcastle player thought he’d missed his ball control that help set up the second goal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isn't that what we thought about Potter, roughly this time last year?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree he had a very good game yesterday. However we do miss a Caicedo or Bissouma who wins the ball and then opens up play by making a quick 10yd forward run before releasing ball. Will be interesting watching team selection with the new players on board. Sure it will now be down to who we are playing. A defensive side like Forest/West Ham or attacking sides like Newcastle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here