Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It’s gonna be a scorcher ...plans?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There is air con, quite right but there are also other people. Other people are not good in this weather. Also a lot of people have taken their kids out of school today apparently. “Too hot for the little dahlinks to concentrate” , did you ever! Shoreham is infested with them today. They’ll be in the trains off to legoland etc. Hell. On. Earth.
Hot weather
Amateur train goers
Kids

No thank you!

I think it's more to do with Shoreham Academy and at least one primary school having inset days today...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rubbish, those on trains have never had it so good in hot weather with aircon in the carriages.

Back when the carriages were slam doors, the Littlehampton train from London Bridge coming home from work, sat in the sidings all day with the windows closed, so that when it arrived on the platform, it was like getting into a hot sauna fully clothed. Plus the only windows that were openable were the sliding ones between the seats, or the door windows. There was always a scramble to get the seats on the left which was the side away from the sun.

Aircom not working in all carriages on all trains from Fav to London. Also no working toilets on some. Never mind, this has only been going on for 18 months.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Rubbish, those on trains have never had it so good in hot weather with aircon in the carriages.

Back when the carriages were slam doors, the Littlehampton train from London Bridge coming home from work, sat in the sidings all day with the windows closed, so that when it arrived on the platform, it was like getting into a hot sauna fully clothed. Plus the only windows that were openable were the sliding ones between the seats, or the door windows. There was always a scramble to get the seats on the left which was the side away from the sun.

I’d swap back to those trains tomorrow if it meant the return of the.......buffet car.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Here in Warsaw we have had temps in the high 20s for three weeks now and last week it was 36C and looks like it's going to be in the 30s this weekend as well.

65623072_10157365942912154_5007759282465144832_n.jpg

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've just woken up after a night turn and I'm now having a bucket of tea, once the nipper gets up we'll head down to Seaford for an ice cream I think and leaving the house shuttered up to try and keep it cool.

I don't like the heat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve prepped a few litre bottles cold water with lemons and limes sliced in the bottles and in the fridge, just having ten mins in the cool after being stuck in traffic outside Shoreham, B&Q decided to drop a delivery half a mile away from its loading gates, then off to the beach.

There is clunge everywhere in Shoreham today. Everywhere.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone who went underage drinking in pubs in the mid 90’s will know what a find this is. Rare as hen’s teeth.
Marvellous scenes at Lidl this afternoon.
73E621CF-1C2C-4848-89EA-3EF79086942F.jpeg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone who went underage drinking in pubs in the mid 90’s will know what a find this is. Rare as hen’s teeth.
Marvellous scenes at Lidl this afternoon.
View attachment 112143

I gave an ALDI cheapo beer a trial last weekend. 6 bottles of something called Den Velde for £4.69. Perfectly quaffable in a "sat on the patio doing sod all" kind of way :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I gave an ALDI cheapo beer a trial last weekend. 6 bottles of something called Den Velde for £4.69. Perfectly quaffable in a "sat on the patio doing sod all" kind of way :thumbsup:
Bloody right it is.

I don’t shop at Aldi A’s not one near me but I use Lidl a lot.
They do some really good craft ales for very little money and okay cheap lager to have in for days like this and a passable pear cider at 4 cans for £2. An acceptable 4.2% (get some Gaviscon in though if you do a session on the pear cider, brggmph).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My girlfriend and my mum are doing a mud run type thing for Cancer Research UK tomorrow at Stanmer Park so I'll be sat down there in the sun with my dad and brother having a few drinks whilst they, and a group of their friends, throw themselves into mud pits and over obstacles.

See post #10. So is Mrs P, and I'll be doing roughly the same as you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here