Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It’s gonna be a scorcher ...plans?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is air con, quite right but there are also other people. Other people are not good in this weather. Also a lot of people have taken their kids out of school today apparently. “Too hot for the little dahlinks to concentrate” , did you ever! Shoreham is infested with them today. They’ll be in the trains off to legoland etc. Hell. On. Earth.
Hot weather
Amateur train goers
Kids

No thank you!

Kids should be banned from peak time trains

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With tomorrow being predicted as potentially the hottest day of the year I'm out in the back garden weeding and strimming the lawn. Hopefully once the back's finished I'll start on the front.

Tomorrow I'll be able to sit back and admire it.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Bit breezy down here on the coast, but still pleasant.
Would normally go in for my regular sea swim, but I am on day 6 of a bloody awful summer cold and sore throat.
No energy, so I'll just grump around and do a spot of gentle gardening.:annoyed:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With tomorrow being predicted as potentially the hottest day if the year I'm out in the back garden weeding and strimming the lawn. Hopefully once the back's finished I'll start on the front.

Tomorrow I'll be able to sit back and admire it.

Good man. Although of fear that as I try and drift off to sleep after work on Sunday morning many, many people will be firing up mowers, strimmers and like the guy across the road, his angle grinder :-(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bit breezy down here on the coast, but still pleasant.
Would normally go in for my regular sea swim, but I am on day 6 of a bloody awful summer cold and sore throat.
No energy, so I'll just grump around and do a spot of gentle gardening.

Fairs. It is a bit breezy so not a good idea.
Well I’ve enjoyed a McFlurry (Oreo, of course. Course ****ing of course), zip along to Lidl, get some summer food bits. If Mrs. The Clamp is out, I’ll knock one out, shower and head to the beach.
Remember the sun cream today folks, first days of sun are always the most dangerous as we are not yet in the habit of slathering.
Vaya con Dios , amigos !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m going to enjoy a beer tonight I’ve had an amazing week. I became a grandad for the 2nd time.
My son got top grades at college and is now off too the University of Bath (the one he wanted because of their athletics reputation)
And I had some pretty good news from the doc for something that had been worrying me sick
It seems a celebratory beer would be appropriate.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Also a lot of people have taken their kids out of school today apparently. “Too hot for the little dahlinks to concentrate” , did you ever!!

And to think that people over 45 call young people snowflakes, how very dare they? I went to school with a foot (30 cms) of snow on the ground, and surprise, surprise it was open! I never remember parents keeping kids off school cos it was hot, and yes we did get days into the 30s. Kin ridiculous.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And to think that people over 45 call young people snowflakes, how very dare they? I went to school with a foot (30 cms) of snow on the ground, and surprise, surprise it was open! I never remember parents keeping kids off school cos it was hot, and yes we did get days into the 30s. Kin ridiculous.

It’s not the kids though is it, it’s their parents. No kid is gonna go “actually mother, may we go in today”?

:)

But yes, ridic.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It’s not the kids though is it, it’s their parents. No kid is gonna go “actually mother, may we go in today”?

:)

But yes, ridic.

Oh agreed. I was definitely blaming the 20/30 somethings, bloody millennials.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
In for overtime from 9-3 - i will give the mother of our child a lasting grimace for her unwillingness to return to work and me doing so 6 days a week - but my lunch of 45 minutes will involve my legs singeing in a local park. Then cycle up home for my niece to come visit and hopefully hang out with wee Albi - he's getting on for 2 now and looks at a picture of his cousin each evening, with a doleful smile. Then, i suppose, and including Albi until he sleeps, watch some Glasto.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I’m going to enjoy a beer tonight I’ve had an amazing week. I became a grandad for the 2nd time.
My son got top grades at college and is now off too the University of Bath (the one he wanted because of their athletics reputation)
And I had some pretty good news from the doc for something that had been worrying me sick
It seems a celebratory beer would be appropriate.

Well Congrats! That all deserves a drink.

And I am delighted you are not pregnant.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its all go.

"Not like in this house. It's all go round 'ere."

erzi57tbzha7313qqeel.jpg

Incredible (and very sad) looking at that photo from around 20 years ago(!) that Liz Smith outlived Caroline Aherne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here