Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It's easy to have a good side with the money he has got to spend"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Harry Redknapp started at the arse end of the Football League with Bournemouth.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Out of context much?

"It's easy to have a good side with the money he has got to spend, but to go unbeaten is an unbelievable achievement," said Ince.
Maybe the OP should just live up to his name

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
John Gregory, Wycombe to Villa. Harry Redknapp, Bournemouth to West Ham. David Moyes, Preston to Everton. Martin O'Neill, Wycombe to Leicester.

Okay, so now we have six, still not a lot over twenty years. Actually the point is that whilst Ince failed at Blackburn he's not that bad a manager. At Notts, thanks to their antics last season he's now rather restricted financially.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
this place can be hard work sometimes, it was a question and qualified. i didnt think we've spent more than other teams in or around the top, at least not necessarily enough to make it "easy". clearly im incorrect and we've bought the title, Ince is quite right to highlight this (alongside a compliment about the consistancy).
:flounce:

Have to agree with you. Ince's comment suggesting it's "easy" to be countless points top of the league due to spending net of about £200k is obviously daft.

We are nowhere near Saints or Huddersfield in terms of spending, as mentioned before we are about 6th, hardly big spenders at all.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:lolol: I like this game. Sam Allardyce, Notts County-Bolton; Brian Horton, Hull-Man City via Oxford; Brian Little, Darlington-Leicester

going back in time, Howard Kendall, Blackburn-Everton; Ron Atkinson, Cambridge-West Brom

The last two are more than twenty years ago. Little did little at Leicester a la Horton (did he last a year there ?) Alladyce's sole claim to fame is keeping Bolton in The Premiership, something he couldn't manage with Newcastle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
""We seem to perform better against the better teams, like Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, MK Dons, Bournemouth and Charlton".........................Sheffield Wednesday??????

Apart from that, can't see much wrong with what Ince said. I think the money thing is over-rated - it's only easy to have a good team if you have money to spend if you spend it well. How come Manchester City aren't running away with the league, then? Or why did Benitez turn Liverpool into a second tier Premiership outfit?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Ron Greenwood Eastbourne United to West Ham !

:lolol: I like this game. Sam Allardyce, Notts County-Bolton; Brian Horton, Hull-Man City via Oxford; Brian Little, Darlington-Leicester

going back in time, Howard Kendall, Blackburn-Everton; Ron Atkinson, Cambridge-West Brom

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
In his biography Alex Ferguson said that when Paul Ince started to call himself the Governor, he knew it was time for him to go.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bit rich notts county saying money buys success when they spunked millions last season and are now just a shite 3rd division club.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
His management style consisted of shouting at the ref (along with his weasly no. 2) and going 'grrrr' a lot when they gave the ball away. Another Gannonesque case of Albion dodging a bullet there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here