Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It's easy to have a good side with the money he has got to spend"

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Out of context much?

"It's easy to have a good side with the money he has got to spend, but to go unbeaten is an unbelievable achievement," said Ince.

"They will go up this year, they are the best team and the most consistent team. We're under no illusions how tough it is going to be but if anyone can do it, we can."

We do have more money to spend than teams like Notts County- he makes the point that you can get a good team with the money spent, but Gus has overachieved.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Out of context much?

"It's easy to have a good side with the money he has got to spend, but to go unbeaten is an unbelievable achievement," said Ince.

"They will go up this year, they are the best team and the most consistent team. We're under no illusions how tough it is going to be but if anyone can do it, we can."

We do have more money to spend than teams like Notts County- he makes the point that you can get a good team with the money spent, but Gus has overachieved.

Agreed matey, when i read the article he was full of praise for us. The title hides that

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Out of context much?

And all of a sudden it becomes quite complimentary!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Of course, if it really were that easy, Southampton and Huddersfield would be streaking away at the top of this league.

On the subject of Ince, I hear Phil Crossley is the Guvnor's assistant referee tonight.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out of context much?

He's actually spot on, isn't he?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Poppycock re the money.

I am reminded that Ince left MK Dins at the end of last season (having come back from Blackburn) because he felt he couldnt take them any further and didnt have any money to spend in the summer.

FFW to now with their new chap in charge, a couple of shrewd signings and they are right up there.

Ince = cock.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Poppycock re the money.

I am reminded that Ince left MK Dins at the end of last season (having come back from Blackburn) because he felt he couldnt take them any further and didnt have any money to spend in the summer.

FFW to now with their new chap in charge, a couple of shrewd signings and they are right up there.

Ince = cock.
How many other league one teams are able to spend £300,000 on a winger half way through the season, and then sit him on the bench in most games?

People are way too sensitive about manager comments on money. With the money Gus has had to spend, a play off place was always the aim. However, as Ince has said himself, Gus has gone way beyond that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Incey Wincey spider climbed up to pre-match spout
Down came disdain and washed the spider out
Out came theonesmith and dried up the disdain
Now Incey Wincey spider went up to spout again

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
but Gus hasn't actually spent that much has he?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I bet we pay our players well above average for the division. We've fought off bids from Southampton and Norwich for our key players since last summer, for a start. That doesn't come cheap.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

We're in the top 6 of wage payers in our division, according to gus himself.

We spent 300k on noone. We spent anywhere from £25k to £250k on Barnes (depending on which rumour you believe), £250K with the possibility of it going up to £350K (again depepnding on which rumours you believe), soccerbase has 'signed' next to Sandaza and Holroyd (which they tend to do with 'undisclosed' transfer totals, I don't recall any of the rumours for how much was spent on them).

Whether £0.5-1m is "that much" for a league 1 team, I don't know. My sense of what is sensible money in football has long been warped by some ridiculous prices (35m for carroll?!)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We've fought off bids from Southampton and Norwich for our key players since last summer, for a start. That doesn't come cheap.
We're in the top 6 of wage payers in our division, according to gus himself.

im not saying we havent spent anything, but its within proportion. i do think our position has meant we could hold onto to players. but really, its not like we've gone out and spent more than anyone else, we're not the Man City of League 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here