Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Its all going the same as it went last season......

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This time last year we had 17 points from 9 games and were 5th in the league
This year we have 17 points from 9 games and are 4th

Then we went on this bad run
Ipswich lost 1-3
Hull drew 0-0
Millwall drew 1-1
West ham lost 0-1
Brum drew 0-0
Watford lost 0-1

3 points from 6 games
2 goals scored
I don't think were as bad as that this year
Crofts
Vicente
Cms
Bruno
All to come back soon keep the faith , I know the last 2 games have been poor but we will still win the league :)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I can't believe the negativity after the last two matches. It's far too early to compare this season to last. Looking at some of the other results in the Championship on Saturday and tonight, one thing stands out and that is the very high number of away wins. I've got a good feeling about Derby; but if the worst happens at least we can have a breather and assess the problems at the moment.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There is a worrying familiarity to all of this

Yes there is. What does it say about a team whos Left back looks the most likely attacking threat you have. We rely far too much now on Buckley, who quite frankly should never have been replaced by Lua Lua. That piece of ridiculous management cost us tonight. Leaving this season most influential player on the bench for 65 mins deserves not to win.

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's have some positivity here. We are still third, we have had two dodgy games. This does not automatically make us a shit team. We need to give the likes of Hammond, Crofts, Orlandi, Dobbie, Lopez time to work in the Gus system. I admit last night was probably one of the worst matches I have witnessed at The Amex, but the biggest difference to last season is that we have had added 5-6 quality players with Championship and Premiership experience to the squad.

It's far too early to say things are over. Look at Reading last season, nobody could have predicted that.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We didn't start last season with one point from two games.

It was poor last night, not helped by Palace being on a good run and now breathing down our arsehole like Jimmy Savile at a school sport's day.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
but unless Gus wakes up

unless Gus wakes up??

that actually scares me. The club has been on an upward trajectory from the day he arrived to our current position. What happens if he wakes up? Will we be playing in the interplanetary champions league against Pluto Wanderers we'll be so ridiculously good?

Very early days still & championships are not won in October.
We have yet to beat anyone in the top 10.

The goal has to be to finish higher than last season.
I for won will settle for 9th. Would like higher, but lets be honest only the Pole in the goal & Bridge could cut it as regulars in a higher division.

Not in Gus to find that elusive forward in this division, so how will he, if we went up? We have strengthened from last season, but, have a long way to go if we are serious about playoffs or higher.

Rome wasn't built in a day folks.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets get a bit of perspective here.

Calderon at fault for their goal, Bruno back on Saturday.

No striker with energy chasing down every ball and outpacing their defence yesterday. CMS back in a week or so.

Hammond had another shocker yesterday and gave the ball away lots. Crofts back for Saturday.

We still have Vicente to come back at some point.

It's hard when this many key players are injured, and now they're beginning to come back, we should be doing better.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought Ipswich were a very good side :shrug:

Carlos Edwards was superb.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow. Just, WOW.

Nothing like a good old bit of over-reaction is there?

Firstly, this division is BONKERS. Just look at the table for pete's sake.

It's RIDICULOUSLY close at the moment. We have "f***ed up" and are still 3rd. Huddersfield have "f***ed up" and are now 8th. Two bad results, you drop like a stone. 2 good results, you shoot up.

Anyone who is drawing a conclusion based on the last two games is, frankly, a pessimist at best. Birmingham came to do a job and won via a wonder goal. This is a team who would certainly have been promoted last season if it wasn't for their Europa league exploitations wearing them out. They still have the same squad so their league position is very false in my view.

Ipswich also did a job and defended BRILLIANTLY. We need games like that to LEARN. I will happily take two games like that if it means Gus will turn up to training the next morning with a clear view how to beat teams who play like that.

We've had 9 games. Before our last two that was SEVEN. That's not even enough time to create something to 'f*** up'. Every manager in the prem says 10 games is what you count as a start...and thats a league campaign with 38 games.

Ours has FOURTY SIX.

Last season we 'collapsed' near the end. We haven't even started yet so such logic is just stupid.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think what people are worried about are that the problems that were the catalyst for us going on bad runs last season have reared their ugly head again.

What are these problems? Genuine question. Not me being arsey.

Last season we couldn't win away. We have shown that already this season.
CMS wasn't scoring. He now is.

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Very early days still & championships are not won in October.
We have yet to beat anyone in the top 10.

The goal has to be to finish higher than last season.
I for won will settle for 9th. Would like higher, but lets be honest only the Pole in the goal & Bridge could cut it as regulars in a higher division.

Not in Gus to find that elusive forward in this division, so how will he, if we went up? We have strengthened from last season, but, have a long way to go if we are serious about playoffs or higher.

Rome wasn't built in a day folks.

Sheffield Wednesday were in the top 10 when we beat them
Would of gone top if they had beat us

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wow. Just, WOW.

Nothing like a good old bit of over-reaction is there?

Firstly, this division is BONKERS. Just look at the table for pete's sake.

It's RIDICULOUSLY close at the moment. We have "f***ed up" and are still 3rd. Huddersfield have "f***ed up" and are now 8th. Two bad results, you drop like a stone. 2 good results, you shoot up.

Anyone who is drawing a conclusion based on the last two games is, frankly, a pessimist at best. Birmingham came to do a job and won via a wonder goal. This is a team who would certainly have been promoted last season if it wasn't for their Europa league exploitations wearing them out. They still have the same squad so their league position is very false in my view.

Ipswich also did a job and defended BRILLIANTLY. We need games like that to LEARN. I will happily take two games like that if it means Gus will turn up to training the next morning with a clear view how to beat teams who play like that.

We've had 9 games. Before our last two that was SEVEN. That's not even enough time to create something to 'f*** up'. Every manager in the prem says 10 games is what you count as a start...and thats a league campaign with 38 games.

Ours has FOURTY SIX.

Last season we 'collapsed' near the end. We haven't even started yet so such logic is just stupid.

A nailed-on, harrowingly obvious 'this'.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Now. Unless I'm mistaken...Southampton were relegated last season and they also endured a HUGE SLUMP IN FORM such as we are at the moment (We've f***ed up bad). Read this:

Southampton's brilliant form (six wins and one loss) began to crumble when the team visited Turf Moor to face Burnley on 24 September, though. The first half of the match was largely balanced as both sides failed to break the deadlock and went into the break goalless.[36][37] Burnley piled on the pressure after the break, and finally scored the first goal of the game in the 53rd minute courtesy of Charlie Austin.[36][37] With Southampton constantly looking for an equaliser, the home side remained vigilant in defence and kept the league-toppers out until ten minutes before time, when substitute Morgan Schneiderlin scored his first goal of the season, finishing Danny Fox's assist to give the Saints a point and keep them at the top of the Championship table.[36][37]

Southampton's luck only grew worse in midweek, however, when a visit to Cardiff City resulted in only their second loss of the campaign so far. The first half was largely a success for the visitors, as Southampton made a number of breaks but could not finish off their attacking moves.[38][39] It was the hosts who came out stronger in the second period though, as Kenny Miller headed in a long ball to open the scoring for the Bluebirds.[38][39] Steve De Ridder was brought on, but it wasn't enough as Miller doubled his tally just seven minutes later when he calmly slot the ball past Kelvin Davis.[38][39] The Saints battled on, but all they could achieve was a consolation goal in injury time courtesy of a neat finish from substitute De Ridder;

Southampton remained top of the league however, due to draws at Middlesbrough and Derby County.[38][39]"
Hmmmm...

Seems our promotion hopes aren't "f***ed up" yet.

Thank god

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here