[Drinking] It's a dark wintery Fridat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
wine7.jpeg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Few cans of Leffe. :drink:

Anyone noticed this is now brewed in the UK and only 6%, not 6.6% as it should be :rolleyes:. Is this another Brexit dividend?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Hmmm. Will a bottle of malbec hinder me getting up at 05:00 for citeh...
Snap! I'm making do with a G&T (albeit a generous helping) and finishing off a bottle of lowish alcohol Aussie white in the fridge - 12.5%. Then off to bed by 10pm, ready for the early start.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wintery? It's about a zillion degrees out there. For mid-October anyway.

Approaching seven weeks dry, enforced by my dodgy heart thing.

But, but, BUT - at 3:15 today I had a call from Worthing Hospital who had a cancellation they were trying to fill.

"I don't suppose you'd be able to be here at 7:30 on Sunday morning, would you?"
"Absolutely, yes - I can come at any time you can see me."
"I wish all our patients were like you - it would make all this a lot easier."

So, I've got an imminent echocardiogram, and maybe a step closer to figuring all this nonsense out and being able to get back to running and drinking!

TL;DR - I may go crazy and have a couple of cans of Heineken Zero.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Wintery? It's about a zillion degrees out there. For mid-October anyway.

Approaching seven weeks dry, enforced by my dodgy heart thing.

But, but, BUT - at 3:15 today I had a call from Worthing Hospital who had a cancellation they were trying to fill.

"I don't suppose you'd be able to be here at 7:30 on Sunday morning, would you?"
"Absolutely, yes - I can come at any time you can see me."
"I wish all our patients were like you - it would make all this a lot easier."

So, I've got an imminent echocardiogram, and maybe a step closer to figuring all this nonsense out and being able to get back to running and drinking!

TL;DR - I may go crazy and have a couple of cans of Heineken Zero.
That's really good news - anything to bring a diagnosis forwards. Hope it goes well.

Heineken zero's pretty ok tbf (at non-Amex prices). We've moved on a lot from kaliber :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's really good news - anything to bring a diagnosis forwards. Hope it goes well.

Heineken zero's pretty ok tbf (at non-Amex prices). We've moved on a lot from kaliber :lolol:
Kaliber! :lolol:

My word that was terrible. I vaguely remember it tasted like dust.

Got a mate who's gone mostly sober these days who swears Guinness Zero is pretty much as good as the real thing but I'm not convinced, mostly because I'm the sort of throwback who thinks decaff coffee is pointless, alcohol free beer is an oxymoron and vegan bacon needs to be buried in a very deep hole.

One day it'll catch up with me and I'll start having all of those things, no doubt.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My fridats have been somewhat curtailed by high blood pressure, high cholesterol and being overweight(fat):(
Mix that in with feeling lousy since last weeks flu jab and ricking my neck just by looking in the bottom cupboard PLUS extreme cramp in my upper calves early this morning....my zest for living the dream has taken a bit of a nose dive! I'm only sixty three for flips sake:facepalm:
Since I gave up smoking eight odd years ago, I've never felt so knackered out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here