Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It HURTS today but we WILL finish above Palace this season.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Well done. :(

I couldn't see it happening after we went top beating you 3-0. The football we were playing around that time was some of the best in my 30+ years of watching South London's finest. We peaked during the 2-0 win at home to Blackburn (Holloway's first game when he was watching from the stands), scintilating stuff.

Sadly, since then, Holloway has sucked the life out of that team and we now find ourselves struggling to even make the play-off's. My personal doomesday is looking likely. However, having said that, whilst you have won the battle, the war is still (potentially) raging. We still have some quality players. Even if just by the law of averages, we have to win soon. Assuming we get our point on Saturday, the facts are that we are due a win. One win, one draw and Wembley beckons.

it ain't over yet!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this thread bumping has made me worried. Not over yet!
I know what you mean.
All bar a minor Barnes infraction (saying he should go!!!) I'm in the clear.

It won't last.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010

I couldn't see it happening after we went top beating you 3-0. The football we were playing around that time was some of the best in my 30+ years of watching South London's finest. We peaked during the 2-0 win at home to Blackburn (Holloway's first game when he was watching from the stands), scintilating stuff.
l
Sadly, since then, Holloway has sucked the life out of that team and we now find ourselves struggling to even make the play-off's. My personal doomesday is looking likely. However, having said that, whilst you have won the battle, the war is still (potentially) raging. We still have some quality players. Even if just by the law of averages, we have to win soon. Assuming we get our point on Saturday, the facts are that we are due a win. One win, one draw and Wembley beckons.

it ain't over yet!

Well said, a very good post chap.

However.... what if you went up?
Chances of survival in the Prem?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

it ain't over yet!

The trouble is this is what worries me.....

Clearly, the table doesn't lie and we are a better team than Palace (for the second season running).

However, like it or not, they do still have a number of good players (potential match winners) and Holloway does have a good record of getting teams to play-off finals. Whilst I still don't understand why they have flopped so badly, anyone can win a one-off game.

I just hope for Bolton and Forest to finbish above them.

It probably isn't over yet...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As above.
Today Gus failed on an EPIC scale! But Managers should not be judged over 1 game.
Feel free to bounce this thread after 46 games.

Here's to keeping the faith.

and
Mouldy Boots

Yep, easily when we get a proven striker.

You were so RIGHT :)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst I still don't understand why they have flopped so badly, anyone can win a one-off game.

At the weekend, I saw a Palace fan claim that they could " beat anyone over two legs".

Not being funny, but they haven't won a match in nine, and haven't won away in living memory. Their odds aren't good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good bounce, Gus signings have been fantastic this season. Dobbie being the only duff one. Glad to be proved wrong in my doubts about Gus tactical acumen too, although I didn't mention this in my post on this thread. He does now have more than plan a :thumbsup:

Palace's collapse during our best spell has been a joy to watch.

D

Deleted member 2719

and
Mouldy Boots

Yep, easily when we get a proven striker.

You were so RIGHT :)

Why thank you, i hate being right all the time, it makes me appear so smug.:hilton:

And a big thanks to Tone, Leo and Gus and of course all everyone that knows me.:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I couldn't see it happening after we went top beating you 3-0.
Thank you :) Although I felt confident we had the better squad, I wasn't confident we'd catch up while you kept winning.

The football we were playing around that time was some of the best in my 30+ years of watching South London's finest. We peaked during the 2-0 win at home to Blackburn (Holloway's first game when he was watching from the stands), scintilating stuff.
I feel slightly bad here - you've come on here with good grace, so I don't want to take the piss - but that is pretty funny - you peaked the day before Worzel got his hands on your team.

it ain't over yet!
Agreed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here