Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It HURTS today but we WILL finish above Palace this season.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Well done. :(

I couldn't see it happening after we went top beating you 3-0. The football we were playing around that time was some of the best in my 30+ years of watching South London's finest. We peaked during the 2-0 win at home to Blackburn (Holloway's first game when he was watching from the stands), scintilating stuff.

Sadly, since then, Holloway has sucked the life out of that team and we now find ourselves struggling to even make the play-off's. My personal doomesday is looking likely. However, having said that, whilst you have won the battle, the war is still (potentially) raging. We still have some quality players. Even if just by the law of averages, we have to win soon. Assuming we get our point on Saturday, the facts are that we are due a win. One win, one draw and Wembley beckons.

it ain't over yet!

Thanks EE I can't disagree with anything there. A point on Saturday will be enough and I suspect that it what you will get. To my mind that means you will be playing a team even lower on confidence than yours (Hull) so anything could happen.

Sadly that means we will play Bolton and that will be 1 v 2 in Championship form table.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How many of us would have taken final league positions of Palace top and Albion second? I would…a little painful though it would have been.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many of us would have taken final league positions of Palace top and Albion second? I would…a little painful though it would have been.
Definitely.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
This is one for the connoisseurs.

I've just quoted the 'fact' posters to show NOT to be so bold and factual about things. Try saying 'I can't see it' or something :lol:

Also quoted a couple of palarse mugs. The last one is also a CLASSIC! (Ps the gaymex joke never worked as it's called the AM ex. Hope u enjoyed your day there though gobshite :thumbsup:

Fair enough chaps, fantastic bouncing :bowdown:
Lets hope its us and not them after the play offs.

Dec 29, 2011
Yes it is. This thread is specifically about finishing above Palace and nothing more. They can't finish above us now. End of. Awesome bounce enjoyed by the majority on NSC who don't pile into our team and manager after every poor result.

If they beat us in the semi's (or even final) and get promoted, I don't think they'd care who finished above who. Hence, it's not over yet.

Cypriot-Seagull

Jul 15, 2011
Somewhere in Cyprus
If they beat us in the semi's (or even final) and get promoted, I don't think they'd care who finished above who. Hence, it's not over yet.
It's not over in terms of who has the last laugh BUT we have finished above Palace regardless of what happens next which was my point in starting this thread in the first place. In other words say we finished in 10th and they finished 11th my statement still stands the playoffs have nothing to do with it.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Nice bounce.

Yep, when are we going to sign anyone, and how much longer to we have to tolerate this underachieving?

We had just lost to palace, I was angry. When I'm angry I say things I don't mean (my fiancée would back me up on that one). I take it all back, was just the emotions running a little high that's all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here