Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It could happen in gREAT bRITIAN !!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I totally accept anyone who thinks this olympics conspiracy theory is a bit too wacky and in fairness it is! There were a lot of early warnings about 9/11 before it happened and I bet they all got shot down as 'nutjobs'.
Do I think there's any truth in these reports? After investigating Rick Clays works, I've come to the conclusion that something will happen at the games. I'm not entirely sure what will happen but I can't imagine it being good. Already this country has had communication (o2) and banking (Natwest) failures which still have yet to be dealt with. I will be highly surprised if nothing happens but yet i'm hoping this is the case.

Sod it, I'll bite.

I may be reading your post wrong, probably am BUT are you implying failures at Natwest and O2 are part of some sort of deeper agenda? Or merely highlighting that things do occasionally just go wrong?

As for the early warnings regarding 9/11, surely it's easy to find warning signs (or something you can make yourself believe are warning signs) with the benefit of hindsight (and the event actually having taken place)?

Now, if you can find me someone that predicted 9/11 in any more detail other than 'bad thing will happen to America at some point' I'll be impressed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you know the 'Truth' about Dean Wilkins per chance?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think hackers have been testing the government leading up to the olympics,

showing off just a little they can do they mess the oyster card system up. The Banks computer systems up and bring down o2's Network.

of course they won't want this going public.

Now that is a conclusion I am coming to....and myself and many others seem to be having broadband problems at the moment

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Read the article and got to this bit

David explains how most of the clouds in the sky are now man-made. Aeroplanes have been lacing the atmosphere with metal particulates for decades to facilitate holographic projection, he claims. That's how they'll pull off the UFO illusion. These "chemtrails" also enable the use of top-secret super-weapons that bounce energy off the upper atmosphere to remote locations. The Haiti earthquake was triggered this way

All I can say is that they have been over doing it a lot given the rain we are having.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
and all in the aid of freedom and liberty. These guys with the guns are fighting for our peace remember!

I've read your posts and i think you need to call someone. Perhaps start at your local GP and see if they can suggest someone for you to meet. I think you need help. Either that or you are just an utter utter tool.

Maybe I have missed the joke somewhere, but that article is, seemingly, ridiculing these 'enlightening' fantast theories.

Yes, it certainly is. Like this comment

Sport
Olympic Games 2012

London 2012 badge
Are the 2012 Olympics part of a plot to take over the world?

Some people believe an elite clique will use the games to simulate an alien invasion in their plan for global domination

Share 2485
Email

Steve Rose
Steve Rose
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 5 December 2010 21.00 GMT
Comments (78)

Wenlock and Mandeville, 2012 Olympic mascots.
Wenlock and Mandeville, the 2012 Olympic mascots. Photograph: Rex Features

When Wenlock and Mandeville, the official mascots of the London Olympic Games, were unveiled to the world in May, the general reaction was one of bemusement. These stumpy, one-eyed, metallic-skinned creatures, the organisers explained, had formed out of stray drops of molten steel during the construction of the Olympic stadium, but most of the public and media simply interpreted them as aliens. What do monocular extraterrestrials have to do with the Olympics? A year earlier, the 2012 Olympic logo was greeted with a similar mix of derision and puzzlement. Jaded observers passed off these designs as sorry reflections of the state of British creativity, but a small minority had a very different answer: we were being primed for the establishment of the New World Order, by means of the greatest hoax in history.

Even in conspiracy-theory terms, the London Olympics plot is a difficult one to swallow, but that hasn't stopped a credulous minority from gulping it down. You'll find them on cult conspiracy blogs such as Red Ice Creations, Godlike Productions and Above Top Secret, or even making their own video presentations on YouTube. The basic scenario goes something like this: while the world's eyes are on London in 2012, a spectacular alien invasion will take place at the Olympic stadium. Or so the public will think; it will actually be a hoax invasion, orchestrated by the New World Order as an excuse to stage a global coup d'etat. Terrified by the appearance of aliens, the world's populace will surrender their civil liberties, and "they" – a vague array of elite cliques such as the Bilderberg group, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, and dynasties such as the English royal family, the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds – will have smoothly achieved their goal of a single world government, economy and religion. It sounds like a cross between Dan Brown, the X-Files and Watchmen, but believers insist this stuff is real.

The evidence for such a plot is vague: exhibit A is the 2012 Olympic logo. Rearrange the four angular numerals of the bizarre design, the theorists say, and it really spells "zion". There's even a dot to go over the "i". This is a sign that "they" plan to build the new Jerusalem right here in England's green and pleasant land, just as William Blake's poem predicted. The "dark satanic mills" of the Lea Valley will become the epicentre of the New World Order. Conspiracy theorists insist there is nothing anti-semitic in their use of the word "zion", although the suspicion is there.

The next giveaway is the street names around the Olympic site: Great Eastern Road, Carpenter's Road, Angel Lane, Temple Mills Lane, Church Road – don't they all seem a little biblical? Isn't it strange that such a large patch of land has stood undeveloped in London all this time?

It goes on: Prince William is the obvious choice for king of this New Jerusalem because of his royal bloodline, his birthday (the 21 June – the summer solstice) and the fact that he will be 30 years old in 2012, the year of the 30th Olympiad, or XXX in roman numerals. Numerology counts for a lot in these circles. And as for the fake UFO invasion, the theorists note the closing ceremony of the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics, in which a flying saucer landed in the stadium and an alien walked out and waved to the crowd. The staged spectacle, in which a blacked-out military helicopter lowered a model spaceship by cable into the Coliseum, did not prompt mass panic, but it has been interpreted as a warm-up. The advocates of "London Zion", as the theory has become known, have been poring over London Olympics promotional videos and finding a lot of suspicious symbolism in them – flying saucers and other spaceship-like objects, lights in the skies, stadiums in flames, all-seeing eyes. Then Wenlock and Mandeville came along and the theory really had legs, albeit stumpy alien ones.

"Once your eyes are open to it, it's amazing what's hidden in plain sight," explains David (not his real name), the friend of a friend who first told me about the London plot a year ago. So in the name of curiosity, and, perhaps, the future of civilisation, we arranged to meet at the Olympics site to look for evidence. You can't get into the site itself – construction continues apace and security is tight – but there are daily guided tours of the perimeter. On a clear, chilly morning, as we wait outside Tesco for the tour to begin, David explains how most of the clouds in the sky are now man-made. Aeroplanes have been lacing the atmosphere with metal particulates for decades to facilitate holographic projection, he claims. That's how they'll pull off the UFO illusion. These "chemtrails" also enable the use of top-secret super-weapons that bounce energy off the upper atmosphere to remote locations. The Haiti earthquake was triggered this way.

David spends hours scouring the internet for conspiracy information, and stumbled on the Olympics plot theory two years ago on a blog called the Cosmic Mind, run by 28-year-old Rik Clay from Leeds. Clay was making a name for himself in these esoteric circles. As well as the Olympics, his blog discussed everything from the significance of the No 11 to crop circles to Princess Diana. But three months after the Cosmic Mind launched, it suddenly went down in August 2008. Clay had died. Internet forums were full of wild allegations about the cause of his death.

As the tour proceeds, David's eyebrows rise at certain points, such as when the guide explains how they had to reroute power lines crossing the site 30 metres underground. "There's bound to be a secret network of tunnels so that dignitaries can escape when it happens," David says. Had the guide ever seen anything paranormal going on here? "What, you mean like flying saucers? No, nothing like that," she laughs. David's eyebrows rise again. No one mentioned flying saucers. The vast construction site looks fairly innocuous to me. David isn't so sure. "What about that cross in the sky up there?" he says. Two short fragments of aeroplane contrail have formed a distinct cross in the sky directly over the stadium. That is good enough for him.

Unsurprisingly, the London Olympics organisers deny all knowledge of the conspiracy. "Since we launched the logo in 2007, many people have passed comment on it and have suggested it resembles different shapes or characters," a spokesperson says. "This is a new one on us. The logo represents the figure 2012, nothing else." The conspirary theory is far from cast-iron: you could make the word "zion" out of the numbers 2,0, 1 and 2 however you designed them. And while some of the road names around the site might sound biblical, the ones that don't, such as Pudding Mill Lane, have been conveniently omitted. "Of course it sounds ridiculous," David acknowledges. And then he delivers the killer blow: "But if I had said to you 10 years ago that a few people were going to destroy the Twin Towers by flying planes into them, and that Britain and the US would start two wars as a result, would that have sounded believable?"

Just as the assassination of JFK and Watergate fuelled a golden age of paranoia, so the attacks of 11 September 2001 and its repercussions have ushered in a new, productive generation of conspiracy theories. It's not just a fringe minority. In a 2006 poll by Scripps Howard/Ohio University, 36% of Americans agreed that the US government was either involved in the 9/11 attacks or did nothing to stop them. Another poll by Zogby in 2007 put the proportion at 26.4%. Then again, polls this year also found that 18% of Americans believe Barack Obama is a Muslim and 27% believe he was born outside the US. Public credulity seems to be at an all-time high, or reliable information at an all-time low. For the conspiracy hardcore, though, 9/11, the London 7/7 attacks and other terrorist incidents are what's known as "false flag" operations; hoax attacks designed to advance the conspirators' agenda, and the London Olympics plot is the next one.

Rik Clay's Olympics theory was chiefly inspired by another British researcher, Ian R Crane, whom he saw speaking at an event in Glastonbury in 2007. A former oil industry executive, Crane is something of a heavy hitter on the conspiracy circuit. He regularly holds public lectures and releases DVDs on what he calls "deep geopolitics", and claims to have predicted the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig disaster, and pre-empted a failed terrorist attack in Chicago in 2006. It was Crane who first deciphered the "Zion" in the Olympic logo, and who suggested a fake UFO invasion was being planned. "We've seen the abilities of computer graphics in Hollywood movies," he says. "It doesn't take much to recast that fantasy as something that's then presented as a reality."

Crane also acknowledges that the Olympics conspiracy sounds crazy, but "it's only when one puts it into context with the much deeper geopolitical agenda that it starts to have some basis," he says. He sketches out this context in dizzying strokes. How the recent financial meltdown was deliberately planned, purported links between Obama adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski and extreme rightwing thinktanks, Henry Kissinger and global warming. "They're all inextricably linked," he says. "What we're really looking at here is a web of intrigue that actually goes back a long way. The individuals who believe themselves to be the rightful rulers of the planet have some concern about what the very short-term future holds. In their belief system, they feel they need to have total planetary control by 2012."

Crane and Clay exchanged emails, but never met. Crane doesn't think there was anything suspicious about Clay's death. Nor do others close to Clay, including his parents, who have been understandably distressed not just by the death of their son but by the subsequent internet rumours. "There have been many outlandish ideas put forward about Rik's death, some that beggar belief, but most have come from people ignorant of the real facts and who have been too lazy to do their research," says John Clay, Rik's father. "An autopsy was carried out and an inquest held at Bradford coroners court in February 2009. The official verdict was that Rik took his own life while the balance of his mind was disturbed." There were clear pointers to where Rik was heading, says John. A few weeks before his death, he had suffered some form of mental breakdown. He had jumped out of a third-floor window, fracturing his heel. His parents took him in for six weeks. "During his time with us he was not the Rik that we knew and was mostly very withdrawn," says John. "He told us that he had things in his head that shouldn't be there but would not elaborate, which was quite normal for Rik – he would only tell you what he wanted you to hear. Rik could be quite obsessional."

Another close friend of Rik's also believes his death was caused by a combination of his work and his mental health: "It's a stressful arena, conspiracy stuff. You can't trust anything any more. What level do you take it to? If you're passionate and paranoid, it can really take over, and I think that's what happened with Rik. He wanted to get to the bottom of everything. Unfortunately the result of that was that he pulled apart his own reality."

One of the problems with many conspiracy theories is that, unlike scientific theories, they're impossible to definitively prove wrong. Any attempt to do so invites accusations that you're in on them. Conversely, labelling something as a "conspiracy theory" is a convenient way to close down political debate or a challenge to authority by painting the theorists as wackos. Tony Blair described his critics as obsessed with conspiracy during the Chilcot inquiry earlier this year, just as George Bush in 2001 urged the UN not to tolerate "outrageous conspiracy theories" about the 9/11 attacks. Neutral observers point out that regardless of their content, conspiracy theories are "unofficial" knowledge, and therefore threaten institutions of official knowledge, such as academia and journalism. The two sides resemble each other more than they would like to admit.

The London Olympics theory is an intriguing case, not least because it actually makes a prediction. Either something will happen in 2012 or it won't: the theory will be right or wrong. What will people such as David do if nothing happens? "I'll be really bloody surprised," he says, "but if nothing happens, I'd say that the forces of good behind the scenes, like us, saved the day and the forces of evil were stopped."

Print this

Article history
Sport

Olympic Games 2012

More features

Related

10 Aug 2008

Travel fears for London's 2012 Games

20 Mar 2012

London 2012: Game plan to boost community

4 Nov 2011

London Olympics 2012 to push capital's melting pot status

16 Dec 2011

England's Euro 2012 squad out of Olympic Games contention

Email

Ads by Google

2012 Olympics Tickets

Hurry, Olympic Tickets Available! Buy Online Now At Thomas Cook.

thomascooklondon2012.com/Olympics

Equity Release Calculator

Free, 60 Secs, 2 Step Calculator! Over 55? Calculate Your Options Now

http://www.Keyrs.co.uk/Equity-Calculator

Olympics '12 TeamGB Range

Olympics 2012 TeamGB Clothing Range Free Delivery On Orders Over £50.

JJBSports.com/TeamGB_Range

Comments

78 comments, displaying
first

This symbol indicates that that person is The Guardian's staffStaff
This symbol indicates that that person is a contributorContributor

Comments on this page are now closed.

Latest
Next
All

Chuffy

6 December 2010 12:20AM

"but if nothing happens, I'd say that the forces of good behind the scenes, like us, saved the day and the forces of evil were stopped."

Genius! That kind of logic is right up there with the good old-fashioned power of prayer argument. If you pray hard and the patient lives, well that's down to the power of prayer. If the patient dies then you clearly didn't pray hard enough. Either way, belief in the Great Sky Beard carried on unshaken...
Recommend (46)
Responses (0)
Link

RedPanda

6 December 2010 12:51AM

Some people have far too much time on their hands.
Recommend (28)
Responses (0)
Link

cardwell

6 December 2010 12:58AM

What are you so scared about? It's healthy to question the world you live in.
If people want to have alternative views and opinions and feel something isn't quite right, or there seems to be too many coincidences, then it's perfectly fine to delve into the conspiracy theory world. I've had a very enjoyable journey over the last couple of years and while I dismiss a lot, I take some on board.

There's a hell of a lot going on under the surface that power structures don't want you to know about. You only have look at the whole unfolding wikileaks drama to prove that. I don't care if people laugh at me and mock my views.
Recommend (163)
Responses (0)
Link

Fbayes

6 December 2010 1:13AM

Yeah I've heard about this its f***ing crazy.

I heard one guy who believes in it on a documentary showing a clip from the closing ceremony of the 1984 games: "Look at the space man, what's he doing there UFOs have nothing to do with the olympics."

That was his proof. Lord.
Recommend (12)
Responses (0)
Link

moonview

6 December 2010 2:10AM

People are only amazed and in disbelief cause it's not a history they know. Why? cause it was never a question that you were ever going to be asked to think about at school. You have the history you were given. The Internet has a allowed room for those who really want knowledge to invenstigate. Whether you believe it or not is always up to you. Don't expect evidience to jump out at you. When you come to understand that "news', is owned news, that it's now totally controlled then you might spend time beginning to ask the right questions and start a little personal research. You can remain ignorant if you like, just like most germans did when they willingly became a part of a very blatant facisim without for a minute thinking it was quiite what it seemed. I don't beleive the german race is exclusively vulnerable to being misled. We all can be if we don't ask the right questions. It doesn't really matter if anythiing happens at he Olympic games or not. What matters is, have you asked and investigated yourself and do you know who runs the world, not down the road but right now? and if you find out it's not who you thought it was, what would you do. If you want just a little start that you'll more than likely hate check this out for a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho&feature=related

Respect that this is a long documentary, with some credibility, even if it's only in the passion it's told. Don't belieive it, go and do your own research, google and come to your own conclusions. Then come back tell me you definately know for sure it's just conspiracy.
Recommend (92)
Responses (0)
Link

plainrice

6 December 2010 2:28AM

"God there are some numpties in the world. One thing (amongst many) I don't understand about these nuts is... if these dastardly hidden forces really are plotting against us, why would they leave clues all over the place? Why don't they just take over the world without warning us via symbols and numbers and stuff? I really do despair".

ie if you allegedly have so much power just do it!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't really get it.

These conspiracy theories rely on the presumption that certain bodies & individuals seek to create fear & thereby gain control over the planet for their own ends. But the individuals in question seem to be largely governments and shadowy billionaires (eg I've seen the Rockefellers and Rothschilds mentioned). These people already hold immense power, either by virtue of the fact that they are the elected governments, or are unfathomably rich, therefore they probably do what they want in life anyway.

What does a Rockefeller or a Rothschild or (say) David Cameron or Dick Cheney stand to gain from world domination that they don't already have/had? I don't particularly warm to Cameron, but I suspect that when he finishes work for the day, he's more interested- like the rest of us- in watching Masterchef or playing with the kids than emailing (encrypted, of course) the fellow Illuminati to set in motion the next stage of the great plan to subdue the unsuspecting masses.

In short: what would be the POINT?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I've read your posts and i think you need to call someone. Perhaps start at your local GP and see if they can suggest someone for you to meet. I think you need help. Either that or you are just an utter utter tool.

I've read your posts too and I don't think anti-depressants will help me at all, but thanks anyway. Hope they help you x

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

sorry double post.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I don't really get it.

These conspiracy theories rely on the presumption that certain bodies & individuals seek to create fear & thereby gain control over the planet for their own ends. But the individuals in question seem to be largely governments and shadowy billionaires (eg I've seen the Rockefellers and Rothschilds mentioned). These people already hold immense power, either by virtue of the fact that they are the elected governments, or are unfathomably rich, therefore they probably do what they want in life anyway.

What does a Rockefeller or a Rothschild or (say) David Cameron or Dick Cheney stand to gain from world domination that they don't already have/had? I don't particularly warm to Cameron, but I suspect that when he finishes work for the day, he's more interested- like the rest of us- in watching Masterchef or playing with the kids than emailing (encrypted, of course) the fellow Illuminati to set in motion the next stage of the great plan to subdue the unsuspecting masses.

In short: what would be the POINT?

So eventually, we cry out for the need of a one world government which controls all the money and oil whilst protecting us from evil. It's called the New world order, at the moment you'll recognise it as NATO.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
fruitcake.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So eventually, we cry out for the need of a one world government which controls all the money and oil whilst protecting us from evil. It's called the New world order, at the moment you'll recognise it as NATO.

Yeah, but these people are already in control, aren't they? That's probably about the only thing we all agree on: that the rich and privileged few control the rest.

Do you see what I mean though? I can't see what else they'd gain?? If you already have millions or billions in the bank, what else is there? It's not like that additional trillion is going to get you anything new. There are only so many yachts one can buy, or snobby gentlemen's clubs you can go to.

What are they going to DO when they get all this power?

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
i would like to point out the largest gathering of UK forces since the second world war was the 28000 who went south in 83
also Britain, the second largest contributor to Nato's Afghanistan operation, has about 9,500 troops in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i would like to point out the largest gathering of UK forces since the second world war was the 28000 who went south in 83

Or the 100,000 or so who are here now and for most of the year when they're not on deployment :thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So eventually, we cry out for the need of a one world government which controls all the money and oil whilst protecting us from evil. It's called the New world order

Wow they are going to let Hulk Hogan run the world? That is brilliant.

24.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here