Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israel bombing " things" inside Syria.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I gave you some pointers as a starting position... Google it.

I am signing off now, I have a long weekend in Port Isaac and Padstow .... ttfn

I have researched this subject reasonably thoroughly and all I can see little evidence of Israel working towards a two state solution. Unless of course you consider that one of those states rapidly reduces in size and is increasingly reliant on the other one for all of its utilities and water.

Have a great weekend. Maybe you could fire me a PM with some info when you get back?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Israel have failed to comly with very nearly 150 UN resolutions from the security council in the last 40 years. Most of those concern basics rights denied to Palastinians in the area. Makes Iraq and others look positively genial.

Israel have failed to comly with very nearly 150 UN resolutions from the security council in the last 40 years. Most of those concern basics rights denied to Palastinians in the area. Makes Iraq and others look positively genial.

You clearly have never been to Israel or The West Bank. The Palestinians are desperate to work for Israeli/Arab companies where salaries & employee benefits are of westernised standards, several times higher than in Jordan where most of the Palestinians live.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You clearly have never been to Israel or The West Bank. The Palestinians are desperate to work for Israeli/Arab companies where salaries & employee benefits are of westernised standards, several times higher than in Jordan where most of the Palestinians live.

Why would anyone need to go there to be able to comprehend that Israel has just ignored UN resolutions ? Besides, Palestinians might be desperate to work but it doesn't excuse the atrocities committed by Israel.

This if Isreal gave up all its arms returned the occupied territories gave all its nieghbours £90 billion it still wouldnt be enough. there neighbours want nothing less than the desteuction of Isreal so then they can destroy each other

So true. The average Syrian, Lebanese, Egyptian, Jordanian, Iranian or Iraqi just wants to get on with their life. Israel covers less than 2% of the Arab land mass in the Middle East & is a thorn in the side of some Arab rulers, who try to detract their internal problems onto the Jewish state. Hopefully with the world becoming a smaller place & with better infrastructure/internet etc - the average civilion is now seeing the higher standards of living in Israel, Europe & the West, democracy - & will overhaul their cruel regimes. Israel has given land to the Palestinians, moved settlers out of hotly disputed areas even when Israelis have bought properties from the local Arabs. However, what have the Palestinians done - torn down these houses, left the estates in rubble & still complain!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I've been to Israel more than once and have to say that Israelis ( in general ) are the rudest bunch of miserable bastards on earth.

The Palestinians are typically very friendly and polite.

The pay of Palestinians in Israel is hardly fair with the average Jewish worker receiving roughly twice as much as Arabs for the same job.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Hate to admit it, but Bushy is saying pretty much everything I would be saying, so leaving it in his capable hands.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've been to Israel more than once and have to say that Israelis ( in general ) are the rudest bunch of miserable bastards on earth.

I've not been but this is exactly the same experience I've had in the UK when I've worked with them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

For the record Steve I have never been to Israel although my uncle was a deputy administrator in Jerusalem for the U.N. for many years and did mention one or two things to me about the conflict and how Palastinians were very often treated. There might just have been a grain of truth in some of the stories he would relay back to me. Did you live there for 14 years Steve and work hand in hand with the security council concerning matters over interpretation of Israels claims and total intransigence and non compliance with 17 points of the 4th Geneva convention concerning occupation of foreign lands ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to have a lot of sympathy for the Israeli's after the various conflicts over the years. That has mostly evaporated due to their inability to compromise or take a first step towards long term settlement.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
surprised there's anything left to bomb inside Syria

unless it's ammo destined for the old Cedar Tree

natural reaction

Israel dooes have a siege mentality,but it's no wonder really

I'll end there as I've never read the good book

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
surprised there's anything left to bomb inside Syria

unless it's ammo destined for the old Cedar Tree

natural reaction

Israel dooes have a siege mentality,but it's no wonder really

I'll end there as I've never read the good book

You should, It's good.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So true. The average Syrian, Lebanese, Egyptian, Jordanian, Iranian or Iraqi just wants to get on with their life. Israel covers less than 2% of the Arab land mass in the Middle East & is a thorn in the side of some Arab rulers, who try to detract their internal problems onto the Jewish state. Hopefully with the world becoming a smaller place & with better infrastructure/internet etc - the average civilion is now seeing the higher standards of living in Israel, Europe & the West, democracy - & will overhaul their cruel regimes. Israel has given land to the Palestinians, moved settlers out of hotly disputed areas even when Israelis have bought properties from the local Arabs. However, what have the Palestinians done - torn down these houses, left the estates in rubble & still complain!

I would love to see your sources for this information as it seems to completely contradict the things that I have read about the situation.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
If Israel withdrew to pre 1967 borders , and allowed a VIABLE Palestinian state, then peaceful co-existence could be achieved , half of these nutters who talk of wiping Israel of the map, are only given house room because of injustices against the palestinians , either perceived or real .

I never thought it would happen... but I actually totally agree with you :wozza:

Oh and I thought your Bradford Republic analogy was pretty good too...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Here we go again. Having just returned from Israel last week & also entered the Palestinian areas, the Arabs are queuing up to come int Israel. The only truly democratic, westernised, higher standard living country in the region, where Israelis buy the land/properties & have never stolen anything.

Instead of spouting about something you know nothing about, other than from some left wing Guardian reporter, get off your backside & go over there or perhaps comment upon the disgusting murders of the Arab nations such as Syria.

Yep.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why would anyone need to go there to be able to comprehend that Israel has just ignored UN resolutions ? Besides, Palestinians might be desperate to work but it doesn't excuse the atrocities committed by Israel.

this

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
In no fan of Israel or how it goes about its business but the fallout from this is quite laughable.

Syria continue to bomb, kill and maim their own people and we aren't just talking the odd few hundred, but tens of thousands.

We then have the Chinese and Russians refusing to condemn a failed government for killing its own people and YET, when an Israeli jet bombs a military facility in Syria, the Russians come out and condemn the actions and call it a threat the Syrian people.

It stinks of hypocrisy and is quite laughable that the Russians who are clearly propping up the Syrian government and are desperately clinging on to the last dying influence they now have in the Middle East.

What concerns me is tat this could be the tinderbox that spreads the fire of war throughout the Middle East...once Syria or Iran retaliate against Israel, we move into dangerous ground.

Of course it is, Assad loves them Chinese and Russian weaponry, and they love the business. They know western backed insurgents will turn to the west for business. Economic interest, yah.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

So the only way you can understand the situation going out there is to go over there. It would surely depend who [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] spoke to while he was out there. He hints in his post that he entered the Palestinian areas but that doesn't mean he gained a balanced view of what his happening out there. He could well have gone over and stayed with Jewish families and been given a guided tour or the occupied territories by them. This would not afford him the opinions and feelings of the Palestinians in any away.

There is are many many more sources of information than "Left wing Guardian reporters" and if anyone cares to look at a wide range of information on the subject they can come to their own conclusions based on more solid foundations than simply visiting the country.

I would also suggest that as Steve has just returned from the area having done some first class research into the subject he could share with us more than three sentences sharring his experienced.It is not much to go on from our very own roving reporter is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here