Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israel bombing " things" inside Syria.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Goodnight Soulman, Good fun as always.

f***ing hell though......The Daily Mail!!! are you serious.

Not sure where to start with this but lets go for
1. the word "could" in the headline
2. This is about Jews not Muslims
3. Both parties asked for the case to be referred to the Jewish court.
4. The outcome was similar to the ruling a British court would have made.
5. this quote "the judge added that the Beth Din ruling cannot be binding because that would make it more important than a court judgement, which would be illegal, reported The Times."

This article is a stretch to the headline even for The Daily Mail.

Sleep easy, Sharia Law will never replace British Law.

Slept easy BF. Have a look at a few C4 programmes on YT, Dispatches springs to mind. Sharia is already being used over here, the women especially in this ideology have no choice but to use Sharia courts. I do realise that this thread (2) is about Israel, but can see what this backward ideology is doing here and in the countries that i previously mentioned, so i have little sympathy for a "religion" that is trying to dominate and infiltrate into all parts of the world..... imo.
Not keen on the Daily Mail link BF.... well try one from the good old British Biased Corporation.... or indeed a pick of a few others.
BBC News - Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Slept easy BF. Have a look at a few C4 programmes on YT, Dispatches springs to mind. Sharia is already being used over here, the women especially in this ideology have no choice but to use Sharia courts. I do realise that this thread (2) is about Israel, but can see what this backward ideology is doing here and in the countries that i previously mentioned, so i have little sympathy for a "religion" that is trying to dominate and infiltrate into all parts of the world..... imo.
Not keen on the Daily Mail link BF.... well try one from the good old British Biased Corporation.... or indeed a pick of a few others.
BBC News - Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

So your concern is the oppression of Muslim women? In this i agree with you there are parts of Sharia law which are bonkers and the way some Islamic women are treated is shocking. But for me this is no reason to hate Muslims, there are many more moderate Muslims around the world who feel similar to us about the application of Sharia law. I am not sure of the benefits of focusing on the extremes of any religion as an accurate measure or our feels toward them. As a moderate atheist i would hate pretty much everybody if i used this yard stick (including atheists).

I think I misunderstood your original post and assumed you were in fear of sharia law being used to govern non Muslims in the UK. As the other piece in the daily mail said about the jewish law if it was in contradiction with British law then the British law would take precedent.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I've not read through all of this thread but I'm not sure Muslims/Islam and peace will ever go together unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I know you do get peaceful Muslims, obviously, but too many will never be peaceful to other religions.

We had a Muslim guy at work who was a top bloke but some of the shit he used to spout was unbelievable. His values and ways were incredibly twisted in my eyes and he couldn't accept that I didn't believe in religion. (too many list pen shoot outs when I've been praying my hardest lol)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In no fan of Israel or how it goes about its business but the fallout from this is quite laughable.

Syria continue to bomb, kill and maim their own people and we aren't just talking the odd few hundred, but tens of thousands.

We then have the Chinese and Russians refusing to condemn a failed government for killing its own people and YET, when an Israeli jet bombs a military facility in Syria, the Russians come out and condemn the actions and call it a threat the Syrian people.
Indeed. The Russian and Chinese governments are disgusting, and it doesn't look like the world's going to improve anytime soon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So your concern is the oppression of Muslim women? In this i agree with you there are parts of Sharia law which are bonkers and the way some Islamic women are treated is shocking. But for me this is no reason to hate Muslims, there are many more moderate Muslims around the world who feel similar to us about the application of Sharia law. I am not sure of the benefits of focusing on the extremes of any religion as an accurate measure or our feels toward them. As a moderate atheist i would hate pretty much everybody if i used this yard stick (including atheists).

I think I misunderstood your original post and assumed you were in fear of sharia law being used to govern non Muslims in the UK. As the other piece in the daily mail said about the jewish law if it was in contradiction with British law then the British law would take precedent.

Quote: "there are many more moderate Muslims around the world "
Yes....er and no. Muslims that are moderate are often living in places where they are very much in the minority. Many are beaten or killed into submission by the extreme Islamists. Many seem ok until their area becomes the majority, this is being proved in countries where they make up over 5% of the population....Sweden and France spring to mind. When you get to around 20%, you see the real effect.
If you read the Qur'an, you can see that they only except one religion (ideology actually) and that any one else is a Kaffar, or infidel.
Any religion that follows a Prophet that marries a 6 year old girl, rapes her at the age of 9, and the the ideology does not bat an eyelid at grooming girls as young as 10, is not something that i can relate to.
Coptic Christians and their churches are being targeted all over the world, of late...... very little about is put on the news, is it.
As i stated before, has there been any trouble from Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists etc in this country or in Europe lately.
As i also mentioned, countries like Somalia, Nigeria, Libya, Syria, Yemen etc, are all fighting and killing each other, they all are 90% Muslim, they can not even be peaceful with each other, and wish to indoctrinate there backward ideology in the West.
So to the poster earlier (who reckoned that Israel would start WW3).... imo, this will not happen. The Muslims will not need to fight a war in the West, the drip, drip, population explosion, fighting from within, steady law changes, the limpwristed liberals and pc brigade and the keep quiet because you will be called a racist or xenophobe....... will see to that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes....er and no. Muslims that are moderate are often living in places where they are very much in the minority. Many are beaten or killed into submission by the extreme Islamists. Many seem ok until their area becomes the majority, this is being proved in countries where they make up over 5% of the population....Sweden and France spring to mind. When you get to around 20%, you see the real effect.
If you read the Qur'an, you can see that they only except one religion (ideology actually) and that any one else is a Kaffar, or infidel.
Any religion that follows a Prophet that marries a 6 year old girl, rapes her at the age of 9, and the the ideology does not bat an eyelid at grooming girls as young as 10, is not something that i can relate to.
Coptic Christians and their churches are being targeted all over the world, of late...... very little about is put on the news, is it.
As i stated before, has there been any trouble from Sikhs, Hindus, Jews, Buddhists etc in this country or in Europe lately.
As i also mentioned, countries like Somalia, Nigeria, Libya, Syria, Yemen etc, are all fighting and killing each other, they all are 90% Muslim, they can not even be peaceful with each other, and wish to indoctrinate there backward ideology in the West.
So to the poster earlier (who reckoned that Israel would start WW3).... imo, this will not happen. The Muslims will not need to fight a war in the West, the drip, drip, population explosion, fighting from within, steady law changes, the limpwristed liberals and pc brigade and the keep quiet because you will be called a racist or xenophobe....... will see to that.

Don't forget paranoid.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Don't forget paranoid.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it is a little lazy(and Islamaphobic) to suggest that the problems in these countries are because they are populated by Muslims. Does you also suggest that many of the wars fought in Europe over the years are because it was populated mainly by Christians and they can't even be peacful with each other?

The reasons for the problems are varied and complicated and many reflect the mistrust in which the west is held by many Muslims around the world.

Even the actions of the extremist muslims (including Al Qeada and 911) are considered retaliation for perceived wrongs perpetuated by the West and the US. This doesn't suggest that they are trying indoctrinate or take over the world (this is of course handy spin to perpetuate the myth and increase support for the nonsense that the US government have been involved with in Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.)

I see no evidence of the drip drip stuff you describe. Very interested to see some if you have some. Although i must say the last two bits you have shared with me show nothing except people of a certian religion using their religious text to solve disputes. Both by choice and neither legally binding in the UK.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think it is a little lazy(and Islamaphobic) to suggest that the problems in these countries are because they are populated by Muslims. Does you also suggest that many of the wars fought in Europe over the years are because it was populated mainly by Christians and they can't even be peacful with each other?

The reasons for the problems are varied and complicated and many reflect the mistrust in which the west is held by many Muslims around the world.

Even the actions of the extremist muslims (including Al Qeada and 911) are considered retaliation for perceived wrongs perpetuated by the West and the US. This doesn't suggest that they are trying indoctrinate or take over the world (this is of course handy spin to perpetuate the myth and increase support for the nonsense that the US government have been involved with in Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran.)

I see no evidence of the drip drip stuff you describe. Very interested to see some if you have some. Although i must say the last two bits you have shared with me show nothing except people of a certian religion using their religious text to solve disputes. Both by choice and neither legally binding in the UK.

Quote: "I see no evidence of the drip drip stuff you describe."
Of course you don't BF.... with respect you live in OZ, my opinion is based on what is happening in England.
By the way... good evening :)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quote: "I see no evidence of the drip drip stuff you describe."
Of course you don't BF.... with respect you live in OZ, my opinion is based on what is happening in England.
By the way... good evening :)

Morning Soulman.

With the same respect you live in Sompting :)

Australia is not that different to the UK in this respect their are many people over here who share your view and fear the Muslim invasion. I just don't see it that is all.

http://sheikyermami.com/2009/06/30/the-muslim-invasion-of-australia/

Aside from that i still spend a fair bit of time reading English papers and websites and getting involved on the many discussion on here about the subject (often with you).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Morning Soulman.

With the same respect you live in Sompting :)

Australia is not that different to the UK in this respect their are many people over here who share your view and fear the Muslim invasion. I just don't see it that is all.

http://sheikyermami.com/2009/06/30/the-muslim-invasion-of-australia/

Aside from that i still spend a fair bit of time reading English papers and websites and getting involved on the many discussion on here about the subject (often with you).

Yep, BF, i do live in Sompting, but i work around the country.
As you said, "many people over here who share your view and fear the Muslim invasion. I just don't see it that is all." Well i think Oz is many years behind what is happening here, plus i feel your government have a pair, ours sadly does not imo.
I hope i am wrong, and you are right.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yep, BF, i do live in Sompting, but i work around the country.
As you said, "many people over here who share your view and fear the Muslim invasion. I just don't see it that is all." Well i think Oz is many years behind what is happening here, plus i feel your government have a pair, ours sadly does not imo.
I hope i am wrong, and you are right.

A criticism often leveled at Julia Gillard ;)

have a good evening I am off out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here