Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Israel bombing " things" inside Syria.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Absolutely agree but lets not forget Israel only acted in it's own self interest - it, like the rest of the world, has failed to act in the interests of the Syrian people.

Oh yes absolutely...the israelis ride roughshod over everyone and the way they go about their business is pretty despicable... what also can happen is that the actions the Israelis take can also reunite some elements of the FSA and the Syrian government against them which would not good for the west.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But only on it's own terms and without conceding ANYTHING they've stolen. Lovely country Israel !

Ha, stolen, I am not going to go over it all again on here, dyor, to get you started though 1) UN created nation, 2) occupied territories only after being attacked by neighbours....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You post a lot of things that you claim to be well informed about, a lot of them are completely wrong as well, especially this latest one, which is basically a pile of steaming horseshit. . Israel wants to live in peaceful co-existence with its neighbours ?
Sure it does , as soon as its grabbed all the land it wants and any Palestinian state is totally dependent on Israel for its lines of communication, power,water and supplies of food , have a look at naftali bennett has to say about a two state solution .
This. It absolutely beggars belief what [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] is saying.

But only on it's own terms and without conceding ANYTHING they've stolen. Lovely country Israel !

Here we go again. Having just returned from Israel last week & also entered the Palestinian areas, the Arabs are queuing up to come int Israel. The only truly democratic, westernised, higher standard living country in the region, where Israelis buy the land/properties & have never stolen anything.

Instead of spouting about something you know nothing about, other than from some left wing Guardian reporter, get off your backside & go over there or perhaps comment upon the disgusting murders of the Arab nations such as Syria.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In no fan of Israel or how it goes about its business but the fallout from this is quite laughable.

Syria continue to bomb, kill and maim their own people and we aren't just talking the odd few hundred, but tens of thousands.

We then have the Chinese and Russians refusing to condemn a failed government for killing its own people and YET, when an Israeli jet bombs a military facility in Syria, the Russians come out and condemn the actions and call it a threat the Syrian people.

It stinks of hypocrisy and is quite laughable that the Russians who are clearly propping up the Syrian government and are desperately clinging on to the last dying influence they now have in the Middle East.

What concerns me is tat this could be the tinderbox that spreads the fire of war throughout the Middle East...once Syria or Iran retaliate against Israel, we move into dangerous ground.

This is how things work in the middle east. Russia props up Syria, the US props up Israel. There doesn't seem to be any appetite to fairly solve any of the problems in that region, sadly. Grandiose statements made by superpowers are made all the time to excuse shocking behaviour by the powers that be. How many UN resolutions have the Israeli's been allowed to ignore now?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This. It absolutely beggars belief what [MENTION=468]somerset[/MENTION] is saying.
Until I read up on the situation I probably would've been the same, the trouble is , that a lot of people view the situation as a " plucky little Israel " defending itself against lots of nasty Arab neighbours , this was certainly the case well before the current spate of troubles with al quaeda etc

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Are you for real.... a whole raft of nations , including us, are providing support to the general population in the worst hit areas, plenty of food and medical aid is being funded and delivered through the various NGO's on the ground.... there is also a stream involving military aid too, though I have reservations about this particular activity and where it will lead,..... but Assad has to go, he has gone rogue.

OK, I'll concede that some nations have provided a modicum of support for the rebels but that's not really support of the Syrian people who are caught in the middle of a civil war. Strange how we used missiles and war planes to protect the people of Libya but not the Syrian people.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Here we go again. Having just returned from Israel last week & also entered the Palestinian areas, the Arabs are queuing up to come int Israel. The only truly democratic, westernised, higher standard living country in the region, where Israelis buy the land/properties & have never stolen anything.

Instead of spouting about something you know nothing about, other than from some left wing Guardian reporter, get off your backside & go over there or perhaps comment upon the disgusting murders of the Arab nations such as Syria.
So muslim property owners in Bradford would be justified in declaring an independent state ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And yet UN resolutions clearly state that Israel occupies territories that aren't theirs. I think I'll trust the UN rather than the Israeli propaganda ministry.

The reason Palestinians are queuing up to enter Israel is because they're currently forced to live in a ghetto so they want to find a higher standard of living. Of course they might be entering to try and get back the lands stolen from them.

Weird, I've never been called a leftie before - many times a right winger but never a leftie.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You post a lot of things that you claim to be well informed about, a lot of them are completely wrong as well, especially this latest one, which is basically a pile of steaming horseshit. . Israel wants to live in peaceful co-existence with its neighbours ?
Sure it does , as soon as its grabbed all the land it wants and any Palestinian state is totally dependent on Israel for its lines of communication, power,water and supplies of food , have a look at naftali bennett has to say about a two state solution .

I can't help it if I have good well balanced knowledge and experience of a whole range of issues, perhaps you would like me to erase it all so that I don't make you feel uninformed or intimidated.

Just get on with the debate without resorting to jibes about the validity of my personal knowledge base.... OK?

FYI ... Have you ever asked yourself why the Palestinian territories don't turn to their other neighbours for this logistical support you mention? Egypt in the case of Gaza, or Jordan in the case of West Bank. ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So muslim property owners in Bradford would be justified in declaring an independent state ?

No but they have the right to call their property 'theirs'.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't help it if I have good well balanced knowledge and experience of a whole range of issues, perhaps you would like me to erase it all so that I don't make you feel uninformed or intimidated.

Just get on with the debate without resorting to jibes about the validity of my personal knowledge base.... OK?

FYI ... Have you ever asked yourself why the Palestinian territories don't turn to their other neighbours for this logistical support you mention? Egypt in the case of Gaza, or Jordan in the case of West Bank. ?

How can asking him a question be " For his Information"?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Just get on with the debate without resorting to jibes about the validity of my personal knowledge base.... OK?FYI ... Have you ever asked yourself why the Palestinian territories don't turn to their other neighbours for this logistical support you mention? Egypt in the case of Gaza, or Jordan in the case of West Bank. ?
I will make jibes about your knowledge , or lack of it , when as in this case, I consider it pertinent to the debate .

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
In no fan of Israel or how it goes about its business but the fallout from this is quite laughable.

Syria continue to bomb, kill and maim their own people and we aren't just talking the odd few hundred, but tens of thousands.

We then have the Chinese and Russians refusing to condemn a failed government for killing its own people and YET, when an Israeli jet bombs a military facility in Syria, the Russians come out and condemn the actions and call it a threat the Syrian people.

It stinks of hypocrisy and is quite laughable that the Russians who are clearly propping up the Syrian government and are desperately clinging on to the last dying influence they now have in the Middle East.

What concerns me is tat this could be the tinderbox that spreads the fire of war throughout the Middle East...once Syria or Iran retaliate against Israel, we move into dangerous ground.

Its exactly what the Americans do for the Israeli government.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Then how do you balance that with jewish settlements that have been " bought " in the west bank ?

I am not making a statement about the validity or otherwise of the expansionist agenda of some of the extreme elements of Israeli society, that is actually against their government policy, granted in reality they do the bare minimum to stop it, but there is a school of thought that says you don't have to be Palestinian to live in the West Bank, equally you don't have to be Jewish to live in Israel.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I will make jibes about your knowledge , or lack of it , when as in this case, I consider it pertinent to the debate .

I guess you do have a track record of this type of posting.... carry on then mate, but if I ignore what you say from time to time, don't get too upset OK?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am not making a statement about the validity or otherwise of the expansionist agenda of some of the extreme elements of Israeli society, that is actually against their government policy, granted in reality they do the bare minimum to stop it, but there is a school of thought that says you don't have to be Palestinian to live in the West Bank, equally you don't have to be Jewish to live in Israel.
Then why is there no right of return for Palestinians ?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here