Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is your Albion glass half-full...

Is your Albion glass...

• Total voters

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We’re doing much better than I expected. Most sides struggle in the league when they qualify for Europe (look at the Hammers last season), and we lost 3 key players, including our most important player in Caicedo, and replaced them with players who are either not yet fully PL ready (Baleba) or slight downgrades (I love WBG and Igor but they are downgrades on Ali Mac and Colwill who are outstanding players). On top of that it looks a season too far for Lallana, and most of us thought we looked light at FB on both sides pre season.

Yes Luton and Sheff Utd were frustrating but we’ve always struggled breaking down sides like that - as do most sides who aren’t Man City. And the point at Everton I think was a really good point. So even more than half full, I think RDZ is doing a brilliant job.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Far more than half. Sunday was incredibly frustrating as I think come the end of the season we will look at those 2 points as the difference between a European spot or not

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I preferred when we were shit, it was all down to days out at horrible northern places but hey I fkin loved every minute of it, went every game for 3 years. It was pure adrenaline going to those places where you didn't know whether you was goin to get a kick in or not. Followed by being off ya nut.Quality times, I can't do that anymore. Standing was also better coz you could move around.sorry for the long winded answer.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
both which I know is a very different point but well we could be much worse off despite the difficult run of games couple weeks ago. Recent results not good but more waiting to judge at Xmas after similar types of games I think

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Eighth, after a crap run of results whilst doing pretty well in our first European competition and with a mass of injuries. New players blooded and learning the system, Roberto still learning the league, Fati showing glimpses of his talent……..yeah, it’s pretty full to the brim here. Fabulous times.
Is that the glass or your lakes? 😏

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I've accepted our league season won't be like last year, but hopefully that allows the club to have a real crack at the Europa League once we get to the knock outs!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Half full. The lack of wins will mean spotlight is off in time for our 2024 push for the Champions League. Get back under that radar

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It's both for me. I'm always half empty straight after a game like Sunday. Worrying about tactics, rotation, injuries, form. But for 95% of the week it's absolutely half full, more than half. It's a dream.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Half full. The lack of wins will mean spotlight is off in time for our 2024 push for the Champions League. Get back under that radar
The upside is, 6 weeks ago, media was talking RDZ into the helm at various top clubs.

Not so much now!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What an utterly bizarre question. I've only afforded one game this season (thankfully, Athens home and loved the occasion despite the loss) so just watching from afar on streams. If you can't enjoy current times, including a mostly good performance against Sheffield, then really, jesus h, please give me your season ticket.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's the only real negative for me. On that note, have we had any kind of update on Solly? I remember RDZ said "long term" in a press conference but I've heard or seen nothing more.
I spoke to my brother-in-law on Sunday, who is from Hailsham and knows people who know the March family. He told me the injury was ACL and meniscus and that the prognosis wasn't great.

Of course, that is all hearsay - take it with a pinch of salt.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Half-full for sure. I think the Amsterdam trip was the best experience I have ever had whilst following the albion and I was at all the major games from 1977 onwards. What's not to like?
The trouble with the Dutch beers is that when their glass is half full, there's half a glass of head on the top! You never actually get a full glass in Amsterdam.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well if it was full, or half full, when you lobbed it to celebrate either of our goals in the Dam then you’ve probably got a 5 match ban incoming according to Twitter. At least two already handed out apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here