Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is your Albion glass half-full...

Is your Albion glass...

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
A ridiculous injury list
...including a long-term serious injury to Solly March

That's the only real negative for me. On that note, have we had any kind of update on Solly? I remember RDZ said "long term" in a press conference but I've heard or seen nothing more.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Cup is very full.

We're in xG doom again by the looks of it, but playing well for the majority of each game, despite the mass rotation, lack of consistent 'starting 11' and loads of injuries to key players.

If we were playing like idiots and struggling to dominate games, it'd be half empty, but we're not so it isn't.

This is the greatest season of our lives, we're on a European tour for the first time and still top 10 in the greatest league in the world (tm), how can it POSSIBLY be half empty

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That's the only real negative for me. On that note, have we had any kind of update on Solly? I remember RDZ said "long term" in a press conference but I've heard or seen nothing more.
No, I don't think we have, which is frustrating. Traditionally the club have not been the most forthcoming over informing the public about the extent of an injury/ likely return etc, and I am sure that lately I read that RDZ said that it was not his job to comment on the exact nature of an injury. I suppose one could argue that footballers are entitled to "medical in confidence" as anyone else, but it is frustrating for us fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Half full. The commentators, sports writers etc love saying we've only won 1 in 6, but I never hear them say, we've only lost 1 in 6.

We're doing alright, even though we have injuries etc. I'm not even down hearted about the red card, but I am fed up with paying good money to watch a game ruined by officials, and men in cubicles watching a screen. They can get lost. Mates indeed.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No, I don't think we have, which is frustrating. Traditionally the club have not been the most forthcoming over informing the public about the extent of an injury/ likely return etc, and I am sure that lately I read that RDZ said that it was not his job to comment on the exact nature of an injury. I suppose one could argue that footballers are entitled to "medical in confidence" as anyone else, but it is frustrating for us fans.
RDZ actually said this about Solly and Welbeck in the week after Man City...

"I don't know [if he will play again this season]. It is difficult to fix a time.

"For sure it is a long period. I don't know how many months.

"Solly unfortunately is a very tough injury, very important injury.

"We will lose him for a long time and Welbeck is the same, both long term.

"We love Solly and we will be very close with him to support him every day."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Half-full for sure. I think the Amsterdam trip was the best experience I have ever had whilst following the albion and I was at all the major games from 1977 onwards. What's not to like?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The glass is fuller than it has ever been. I've just watched us beat Ajax away and we're a top ten side in the Premier League.

I understand that we've been hit with a bunch of injuries and have had a run of slightly disappointing results against some very good sides, but the season is still looking likely to be the best ever as an Albion fan. Loving it!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
After the game on Sunday it was half full. At this precise moment it is over flowing. I am working from home, drinking tea out of Albion mug and wearing a Brighton hoodie. It's lunch time and I have just watch Adingra's goal again (wow) and seeing RDZ jump in with the fans to celerbrate.

I love this club more then is actually healthy. We are nearly half way through and doing alright (more then alright) Can't wait for whats to come.

On top of all that we have the best owner in the world and he is one of us.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
half full, but disappointed with the pour, the last one was better.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Really wasnt so long ago, we were parking bus and clinging on with our only ambition to get 0-0 v Wolves to try and survive.

We've come a long way, we had a lot of dips with Potter and we couldnt score, with RDZ, our best ever manager, the dips continue but we can score.

Yeah, i'll still moan, chew the fat and get upset when we dont win, but lets be real, when Bloom said his ambition was to be consistently top ten (on the back of the Hughton survivial years) who really could see anything like this?

We're in Europe, we are fighting as a top ten team (Blooms stated ambition), because of our size and resources we're never going to consistently, year on year challenge or break into the club with Citeh, Arse, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Newcastle, and we are competitive and still in or on the fringes of that group and it will always be an achievement to be in amongst that group at season end.

Its a long way down from here, and there's not much more headspace to the ceiling imho, so its definitely glass half full.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Izquierdo's goal against Stoke was quite the goal . That "like watching Barcelona" moment was rare and once the highlight of a tough battling PL season in that 2017-21 phase.
Now we score goals like that nearly EVERY week against some of the biggest teams on the planet. Mitoma, Enciso, Ansu Fati, Ferguson, Gross - almost hard to keep up and although Sheff Utd was frustrating - then Adingra's goal was incredible. There's 26 games to go - we're 13 points above the bottom three !! and 2 points off 6th. HALF FULL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here