[Albion] Is your Albion glass half-full...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is your Albion glass...

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...or half-empty?

Half-full reasons
Eighth in the Premier League
...and just two points off sixth
Our second-best start to a Premier League season
One of the top scorers in the division
Beaten two Champions League teams
Well-placed to progress in our first-ever European season
Achieved a historic double over Ajax
Evan Ferguson and Kaoru Mitoma both extended their Albion contracts
Lewis Dunk and Pascal Groß have become established internationals
Jakub Moder nearing a return
Simon Adingra - "Brighton have done it again"

Half-empty reasons
No wins in last six Premier League fixtures
Failed to beat poor Fulham and Sheffield United sides at home
Out of the Carabao Cup (to chuffing Chelsea)
A ridiculous injury list
...including a long-term serious injury to Solly March

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My Albion cup overfloweth, and has done for some time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s a bit half empty this season to be honest. Our position feels a bit ‘false’ based on a very strong start, but failing to beat some poor teams at home is frustrating. Only 3 wins at home, Newcastle was good - but Luton & Bournemouth only is a bit underwhelming

RDZ is in his worse run since taking over, yet he has a £30M forward and a wonderkid with a €1Bn release clause at his disposable - but scoring more than 1 in the league recently has been a struggle

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Going to games after 4 years with Jnr and mrs, jnrs 1st season ticket she hasn’t missed a home lge game yet loving it

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
...or half-empty?

Half-full reasons
Eighth in the Premier League
...and just two points off sixth
Our second-best start to a Premier League season
One of the top scorers in the division
Beaten two Champions League teams
Well-placed to progress in our first-ever European season
Achieved a historic double over Ajax
Evan Ferguson and Kaoru Mitoma both extended their Albion contracts
Lewis Dunk and Pascal Groß have become established internationals
Jakub Moder nearing a return
Simon Adingra - "Brighton have done it again"

Half-empty reasons
No wins in last six Premier League fixtures
Failed to beat poor Fulham and Sheffield United sides at home
Out of the Carabao Cup (to chuffing Chelsea)
A ridiculous injury list
...including a long-term serious injury to Solly March
Yes, agree with all your points. Though the last 2 home games have been hugely disappointing, in terms of the results, the club is surely on an upwards trajectory and that at last the injury list should start to become shorter, and with Moder and Enciso to be totally up and running by say January, there is every reason to still be optimistic.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Half full. Given that we lost our midfield engine in the summer, are now playing high pressure games twice a week and could now have an injury bench that almost resembles a first choice XI I'd say we are doing ok. Also with Newcastle now part of the new top seven, a much improved Villa, Spurs and Chelsea now beginning to vaguely resemble a football team we are holding up pretty well in a part of the season where we traditionally do very poorly regardless of who is in charge or in the team.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is absolutely half-full - in fact far more than HALF full, tbh.

I had no expectations of a top six finish this season, so I'm not going to stress about seeing happen exactly what I expected to happen.

Games like the last two home matches are / will be frustrating, but even within those we have the privilege of watching top class players, producing (moments at least of) top class football. We have scored at least one goal, in something like 26 (?) consecutive Premier League games - something that we absolutely couldn't take for granted quite recently.

Anyone feeling a bit flat about the recent form - I get it - but would advise trying to focus on enjoying the fabulous individual moments, and trust the club to worry about the wider picture (starting with a little strengthening of the squad in January, perhaps).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about the catering recently?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I feel like it's half-empty, but I think that's because I think I'm becoming an entitled Premier League fan who isn't happy with a slump towards mid-table.

In reality of course my glass is absolutely overflowing. Having never seen anything like this era in the near-sixty years I've been supporting Brighton I still don't think this purple period can last forever; I still expect to wake up one day and find us back in League One.

But I AM pissed off that we couldn't beat Sheff Utd ...

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Whilst the end result against Sheffield United was frustrating and disappointing, the Adingra goal and Buenonotte’s assist was so special that I have to pinch myself that we are capable of such quality. It was worth watching the game just for that.

Definitely half full

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports