Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is vicente the next to return?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Spanish Dave is a better replacement - better in terms of team and fitness. Sure, Vicente was a better individual but Spanish Dave made the team purr. With Lopez in the team we frankly don't NEED Vicente.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would love to see a fit, motivated Vicente in the team. But we have had more that a season of hoping to see that. It just does not look like his heart has been in it. His no-show for the home play-off was the last straw for me. We needed you to step up to the mark old son - regardless of what was going on between you and the manager.

How can he step up to the mark if the manager doesn't pick him?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to agree with DKM. If Vicente really was fit for the whole second half of the season, it does seem strange that he managed to become unfit between the two play off legs, despite not playing.

I've no doubt that Gus was a little over-egotistical and may have fallen out with him, but i don't believe that Vicente has ever been fit to play a significant part since he's been here. I thoroughly enjoyed his little Cameos but it's adios amigo from me.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think Vicente's biggest contribution over the last 2 years has been in training for the other players to have learnt off of him and trained along side him is immeasurable and can only have benefited many players. I am split on him coming back as watching him in the few games he played was a joy to behold but in reality was his contribution to the best of the team? It's a tough call but to be honest I cannot see anyway he is coming back but what memories, thanks for the memories but onto the next chapter.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The 15 shirt number's still unoccupied.

I would love to see Vicente back here. He stated that he'd been fit for some time but, it seemed that every time Gus put him on the bench, he hardly ever came on.
It must have been pretty frustrating for him and it was certainly frustrating for some of us. Knowing full well we had someone like him just sitting there hoping he'd be called upon and knowing what a game-changer he could be.

Yes, I know that in some games everything went through him and it didn't always come off, but sometimes our play slowed down so much with no options for him to play the ball so that the opposing team just closed him down.

Oscar has said that he wants us to get the ball forward much quicker and have a quicker pace to the play. I think that if Vicente could stay fit for part of the season, this style of play would see him flourish, and boy, would that be something to behold.

This.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to have him back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here