Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is vicente the next to return?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Vicente has worn no.15 all his career. Adam Chicksen is now wearing no.15.
=.........no return for Vicente.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No thanks, weird to say about one of my favourite players BEFORE they joined the Albion, but my thinking of him as gone way down since we signed him. Just not that special and as we already knew, never plays (when he does it's 20 mins and disrupts the final cutting edge / way team plays).

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I honestly don't get the "Vicente was the best player I've ever seen at the Albion" mob. He wasn't even the best player in the squad whilst he was here IMHO. Bit of a personality cult going on with him if you ask me. He has a fantastic history, and he played at the highest level, sure, but for me he was just a waste of money. Wouldn't play when it was too cold, injuries that perhaps may or may not have existed in his own head..... Wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Let's move on.

Vicente was so clearly a class above any other player in the Championship. Every touch, pass, run....If you don't see that, you're watching a different game to most people.

Consistency was obviously lacking though and the other players did seem to stop playing their usual game with him on the pitch. Re-signing him wouldn't be a priority for me, but if we did, on a pay-as-you-play deal, I wouldn't be unhappy.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
But according to the oracles of all things Albion it was all about Spanish Dave returning and no one else !!!
They are so clever they are !!! :lol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I honestly don't get the "Vicente was the best player I've ever seen at the Albion" mob. He wasn't even the best player in the squad whilst he was here IMHO. Bit of a personality cult going on with him if you ask me. He has a fantastic history, and he played at the highest level, sure, but for me he was just a waste of money. Wouldn't play when it was too cold, injuries that perhaps may or may not have existed in his own head..... Wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Let's move on.

Did you go to Derby? When he was fit, he basically made the second tier of English football look like a pub league. He is SUBLIME.

Did you go to Derby? When he was fit, he basically made the second tier of English football look like a pub league. He is SUBLIME.

Yes he was, unfortunately the rest of the team aren't quite so sublime so he was basically playing on his own every time he got the ball.

I will miss seeing his skills in an Albion shirt though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm still not convinced he's worth another deal.

Fabulously talented player, and I know he said Poyet treated him badly, which some are willing to believe was the reason he didn't play much.

But Vicente has barely played much for any team in recent years, and it can't be all down to bad managers.

I wouldn't complain if he came back, but I don't think he really contributed last season, so I'm hardly crossing everything in the hope of his return.
I agree with all of the above

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The 15 shirt number's still unoccupied.

I would love to see Vicente back here. He stated that he'd been fit for some time but, it seemed that every time Gus put him on the bench, he hardly ever came on.
It must have been pretty frustrating for him and it was certainly frustrating for some of us. Knowing full well we had someone like him just sitting there hoping he'd be called upon and knowing what a game-changer he could be.

Yes, I know that in some games everything went through him and it didn't always come off, but sometimes our play slowed down so much with no options for him to play the ball so that the opposing team just closed him down.

Oscar has said that he wants us to get the ball forward much quicker and have a quicker pace to the play. I think that if Vicente could stay fit for part of the season, this style of play would see him flourish, and boy, would that be something to behold.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would love to see a fit, motivated Vicente in the team. But we have had more that a season of hoping to see that. It just does not look like his heart has been in it. His no-show for the home play-off was the last straw for me. We needed you to step up to the mark old son - regardless of what was going on between you and the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here