Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ulloa's heading ability WORLD CLASS?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody spot Kemy's header when for no reason and under no pressure he headed straight back to their attackers deep inside our box!!

I did (And probably 26,000 others to be honest).

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
He is the best header of the ball I've seen at the Albion, his positional sense is outstanding soon. His pace is the only thing that would let him down at a higher level.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
World class is a very bold claim. He does it against championship defenders. He would need to do it against the best defenders in the world consistently the make him world class, no? He has not done that well at flick ons yet imo.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Reading this thread with interest. As I can't get to games any more, I am only able to watch the highlights. After watching the highlights this morning, I was thinking "Is Ulloa better than Zamora?"

He may not have the levels of composure that Zamora did when he was at the albion (I always remember thinking if Bobby was one on one, he would score) However I think his movement is cleverer, his heading is different class and you have to pitch him against the level he's playing at which is higher than when we had BZ.

From what I've seen, I think he's better. However, there's no substitute for watching live so I may just be talking cack. Be interested to see what people think

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No...this is based on seeing him from when he first joined. Ignore the rest of his game, the question "is his heading ability world class?" is a perfectly fair, valid and logical one. Certainly the best headerer of the ball Brighton have ever had.

Agree. Who came anywhere close?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it is world class. He is getting goals with his head that have no right to go in, with often only one way of heading it and one place available that it would beat the keeper.

A lot of forwards just wouldn't be scoring from these headed chances even in the Premier League.

Just off the top of my head the goals against Derby and Burnley this season, and Arsenal last season, were a masterclass.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Well it's not as if he's slow - If there was an attribute that would let him down at a higher level, it would be his ability to have a first time shot - I don't think he's scored from a first time shot successfully since he's been here.

Leeds... Three weeks ago

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think it is world class. He is getting goals with his head that have no right to go in, with often only one way of heading it and one place available that it would beat the keeper.

A lot of forwards just wouldn't be scoring from these headed chances even in the Premier League.

Just off the top of my head the goals against Derby and Burnley this season, and Arsenal last season, were a masterclass.

Headed goal from a corner against Huddersfield last season as well. Not particularly well challenged in the air, but placed the ball in the corner of the net superbly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think his defensive qualities are forgotton, I can remember one game just after he joined when he made two fantastic defensive headers in the space of 15 seconds.

Quite often he is the first to the ball when the opposition put in a corner.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
World class is a very bold claim. He does it against championship defenders. He would need to do it against the best defenders in the world consistently the make him world class, no? He has not done that well at flick ons yet imo.

flick on to who exactly? Jesus wept.

I could understand if we played two upfront, but with wingers its going to be very hard. however instead of flicking on the ball and losing it he does a brilliant job at holding up play and bringing others into the game.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Sat in the northstand i did not realise just how good his header v Burnley was until i watched it again on player , the technical ability and strength needed to place the ball exactly where he did from that distance would suggest he is very much up there with the best , the point of it was not against the worlds best defenders holds little water as he still has it within him to do this as he was very tightly marked at the time , above all if you have a player in the squad who can manufacture goals from crosses with very little zip on them he will indeed in time be considered world class for whoever he plays for and against , im very happy he wears the blue and white stripes thats for sure .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
His heading ability is amazing. I actually think the one he hit the post with against Derby was his best one, an utterly amazing header, he has so much strength.

I would not swap Ulloa for any other striker in this league, he is mustard!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here