Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Ulloa's heading ability WORLD CLASS?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The January window will be interesting
We do deals in January but don't sign them till the Summer.

Hopefully we'll see if TB can scribble in a nullifying promotion clause, when nobody is looking.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Extremely unlikely to be sold before next pre-season. Bloom won't entertain any offers for a player that could fire us into the Premiership and the £££ that would exceed any offer that may come in. His value would only increase.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
World class? Cannot tell given the opposition he regularly plays against.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Extremely unlikely to be sold before next pre-season. Bloom won't entertain any offers for a player that could fire us into the Premiership and the £££ that would exceed any offer that may come in. His value would only increase.

I think there will be a number of offers or newspaper rumours about him

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think a pre-season, and one in which we have clearly drilled him to be a lean, mean fighting machine, have made something of a huge difference to his fitness levels and therefore his ability to both leap from the ground and ping a header where he wishes. The more we all get into gear and close down oppositions in unison, as we seem to be, at a pace, snatching possession and looking to burst into attack, then all the better for it. Being physical does not mean being skillless and promoters of violence for victory. It means we have two winning sides to us and over time a combination that could inspire us, with an addition or two to the squad, to another season to remember.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Scored a cracking diving header v arsenal? :shrug:

Sure. That's why I wrote regularly. If he is banging in goals via his swede against such opposition on a regular basis then you can discuss world class. Until this day I don't think you can. Don't get me wrong as I think Ulloa is fantastic and the real deal but let's remember he plays in The Championship at the moment and not on the world stage.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wasn't it Adgustein who headed the ball back into our area causing a wee bit of panic, thought Ince looked very good myself

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think a pre-season, and one in which we have clearly drilled him to be a lean, mean fighting machine, have made something of a huge difference to his fitness levels and therefore his ability to both leap from the ground and ping a header where he wishes.

I doubt Leo had the most restful of summers.

It would seem Dr Helge told him 'you'd better come back weighing x'.

No full English, before lying on the beach all day, drinking Bailey's from a pineapple.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
seeing his goal against Burnley and thinking back to the one's at Elland Road,did get me thinking this morning actually

have we had a better centre forward than him in the air?

Spider was tall,but don't remember him being that great

Fred Binney & Kevin Bremner we're decent

Wardy & Garry Nelson did the biz on the deck
Martin Chivers' aerial power made an impression on a young Moshe...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
His all round and hold up play is better than Zamora's just needs to convert more chances and he will prove to be better than BZ totally. So much so a Premier side will come knocking in January.
This is the worry....Leo is certainly the best header of the ball we've ever had...and I go back before Bobby Smith...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
His all round and hold up play is better than Zamora's just needs to convert more chances .

Errm.

Last year he scored 10 goals from 29 shots - 1 in 3. Of those 29 shots, 12 were on target. This year, 13 shots, of which 4 on target, 3 goals. Basically if he gets the ball on target he scores.

Sadly, BZs shots totals are not recorded (on ESPN stats at least - http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/5500/bobby-zamora?cc=5739) until 2003, in his first season after leaving Brighton. For Spurs that season he scored 6 goals from 64 shots, of which 43 shots on target. And the following season at West Ham he scored 13 goals from 37 shots of which 22 were on target. The following season he was 10 goals from 39 (23 on target). So those were at a higher level, but he was scoring consistently around 1 in 3 or 4 and considerably less deadly when shooting on target.

Of course Zamora was outstanding at the Albion - but I'm not sure you're right to say Leo needs to convert more chances. Based on the stats to hand - he's already as good if not better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've seen a loop-hole:-

Steve Foster.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Not many in the Prem as good as him when it comes to attacking crosses with his element which is a brilliant and key element to his game. What he did yesterday was become 10 times Stronger than I've ever seen him. Don't recall him falling to the ground once and several times shrugged a defender off the ball with ease ie 1st goal.

Anybody spot Kemy's header when for no reason and under no pressure he headed straight back to their attackers deep inside our box!!

Quite right. I think he has absolute rubbish and can't see any other clubs wanting him, ever, whatever the price.

MODS please can we remove any threads relating to U***A (who?), in fact can you do a search and delete of any mentions of him on NSC since he joined, which will be difficult as we have never signed a player of that name who probably doesn't exist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here