Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this what taking back control looks like?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My son had a young Afghan lad join his cricket team about 5 years ago when he was still at school. This lad had seen both his parents shot dead at point blank range by the Taliban and so decided to escape, embarking on a long journey hiding in lorries - on his own, aged 14 - to this country. He was picked up at Cobham Services on the M25, not being able to speak a word of English.

When you meet someone like that, putting his life back together after experiences you wouldn't want to see as an adult, never mind experience as a 14 year old kid, you really can't help but admire him and wish him every success in life. Given the choice between living next to someone like that, and a thick gammon prick like [MENTION=41927]TugWilson[/MENTION] happy to blame immigrants for his own failings, I'm pretty sure 95% of us would choose the Afghan lad all day long.

Yep, this lad has had a similar experience. A year to get across Europe, living where he could. He's settled now in a foster family and is learning English - he walks around with a notebook to write down answers to his questions so he can learn words he doesn't know.

Someone as resourceful as that is going to be a great asset to the country in time (decent cricketer too)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He was a quick. And he really was VERY quick!

Our bowling attack will take any variation.

We've just had an Indian join us. That'll upset some here.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would love you to take a DNA test. This country is a mongrel country of Romans, Anglo Saxons, Vikings, Normans (Norwegians and French) plus members of the Commonwealth that we invaded since the 15th century.
Even Lord Nelson had 22 different nationalities aboard HMS Victory at the Battle of Trafalgar.

As has been rightly pointed out in this thread previously, people have always moved around the world.

I've actually thought of taking one of these tests. I just don't know how accurate they are. If I could be sure I would.

One side of my bio-family is all Celt. Pretty sure the other is all Anglo. But it would be interesting.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Record 430 migrants cross English Channel in single day

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57897601

"Under international law, people have the right to seek asylum in any country they arrive in. There's nothing to say they must seek asylum in the first safe country reached.

An EU law called Dublin III allows asylum seekers to be transferred back to the first member state they were proven to have entered.

However, the UK is no longer part of this arrangement as it has now left the European Union. "

Well done Boris and chums! Now you have taken back control, when are you going to get of your fat arses and actually be in control?

well , by their own actions , they can no longer be in control.....what are they to do now with the asylum seekers ...? push them out at lands end and let them float to mexico..?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A lot of Jews seeking asylum in the U.K. as the Nazis rose to power were treated quite poorly by a handful of ignorants, similar to some of the posters on this thread. I’m glad they are in the minority. Baker Lite et al have a lot to learn.
Brexit. Johnson. Outrage at asylum seekers.
The last howls of a dying ideology.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
So what is your solution? Uncontrolled immigration with more and more people crossing the channel to live in a country that is already heavily over-populated, and unable to look after it's elderly and disabled people properly?

My solution is to follow international and domestic rule of law as I stated to you. That is what democracy is. That is why we gave blood on the ground in Europe to fight for the very freedoms that people can land on a beach and be treated as a human being.

If we are unable to look after our elderly and disabled, then you're making a rather huge leap to connect that to immigration and asylum. If we had a proper taxation system in place, with a fairer distribution of wealth, then we'd be able to look after our less fortunate, educate our children AND process people arriving illegally on our shores, observing and respecting their human rights and the rule of law.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'd chose to live next to the bin store at the back of a KFC over living next to the likes of [MENTION=41927]TugWilson[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] and the like!

Believe me the feeling is mutual oh lily-livered, liberal one. :)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Indeed it was the Royal Navy that plucked the Manchester bomber out of the oggin, look how he went on to show his gratitude...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah but he could have been a Doctor saving the victims of that heinous attack, it’s a sliding doors moment….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We do not have 'uncontrolled immigration'.

If you genuinely think that then you have been stupid enough to fall for some very unsubtle propaganda.
We had very little control re EU immigration and the fact the government only believed there were 3.7 million (non Irish) EU citizens living here when well over 5 million have applied for settled status suggests the term 'uncontrolled immigration' was fairly accurate.

Fortunately this is no longer a problem as we have taken back control [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
So what is your solution? Uncontrolled immigration with more and more people crossing the channel to live in a country that is already heavily over-populated, and unable to look after it's elderly and disabled people properly?

The funny thing is, immigrants are often the people most likely to care for the elderly and disabled. Pre-Brexit, nearly 20% of social care workers were non-UK nationals. It made me smile (in an ironic, pained way!) when I saw so many elderly people voting for Brexit - when they would increasingly become more reliant on the very people they wanted rid of.

Last edited:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Believe me the feeling is mutual oh lily-livered, liberal one. :)

Yes, because I have disagreed with your right wing bullshit, I must be a lily-livered liberal.

I'm going to pop down the beach later on my paddle board and patrol the waters to do my bit to defend against invasion. :facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What is that in English?

have anybody got eh knee bottaalll aaf orran jooooosse...?.

by leaving the EU England is now left to deal with these asylum seekers on shore .What is the alternative ..? Take them to a furthermost point of the mainland and release them into the gulf stream for a speedy trip in a southerly direction...?

if not the Canaries then next stop Mexico ...depending on prevailing currents.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So no proof, accuracy or truth then...:lolol::dunce:
You don`t want proof or facts that don`t fit with your beliefs , if you did you would turn of that filter in your head that says all illegal immigrants are poor hard by lost souls . Then you would check the internet and find out for yourself , there is plenty to back both sides but you are only interested in one side so i will leave it up to you and whatever universe you are from , this is not going to end well so i will be leaving it there .

Pretty good proof of the attention span of a goldfish though, when actually asked for evidence, but purely consequential I'm sure :wink:

I cannot remember the name of the piece i saw on on a documentary so didn`t use it , but " anecdottaly " it stated the number of serious crimes especially sexual since the rise in illegal immigrants in the South East has risen drastically .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here