Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this what taking back control looks like?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
OK i have had enough of your insults , these 14 beat the shit out of people helping them , there were more involved but only 14 arrested , they also burnt out a building . And you defend these people , i would be grateful , but you seem to think this is acceptable .

I’m not defending anyone. I’m asking you to provide evidence. If this is true, sharing your source will be no problem at all. Even if it is true, it hardly paints the picture that you described in your first post re immigrants ‘raping their way across the country’ (a claim I’m still waiting for evidence of). Also a bit rich to say you’re sick of my insults when in your previous post you called me an arrogant prick. Tad hypocritical don’t you think?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The UK could have done many, many things to limit EU immigration - but, bizarrely, chose not to.

And the Government's own figures are that there were 3.5m EU nationals living in the UK at the time of Brexit - the reason for the higher number of applications is that many EU nationals who had already left the UK wanted to give themselves an "insurance policy" just in case they wanted to live/work in the UK at some stage in the future. Just like I've got myself an Irish passport....it's an insurance policy just in case I want to go and live and work somewhere in the EU in the future. It doesn't mean I'm living in Ireland.

If you mean many many things as in not granting immediate access to the new member states citizens in 2004 then that's only one temporary measure we could have enforced. As for other control, we could prevent Eu citizens from coming here on an individual basis eg if they posed a 'genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests of society but "criminal convictions shall not in themselves constitute grounds for taking such measures" which meant we only turned back approx 6,500 EU citizens since 2010, quite a small proportion of the millions who came here I am sure you would agree. We could also prevent entry for public health reasons such as a once in a lifetime pandemic but that is an emergency measure not a general immigration control mechanism. You may have meant the free movement directive which theoretically allows us to remove citizens after arriving so isn't really an immigration control mechanism and would mean we would constantly have to monitor millions of EU citizens making sure they met the correct criteria at all times. You have probably read 'But the Belgians do it' in the Guardian or from a similar agenda driven source so may I suggest reading an alternative authoritative view (admittedly with their own agenda) ..

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/ne...trol-do-member-states-have-over-free-movement

Your supposed reason for the additional millions is a very partial and selective interpretation of the numbers. The BBC reality check site said "It is now clear that far more EU citizens have been living in the country than previous estimates suggested" and "the settlement scheme has given us the best estimate we've ever had" plus migration experts also pointed out no government scheme has 100% take up so there could be tens or even hundreds of thousands more. No wonder places on the front line like Boston Lincs voted heavily to Leave .... they never had a democratic choice about mass, virtually uncontrolled, EU immigration changing their community and the numbers obviously put pressure on local services housing stock etc.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If someone needs help you give it , if someone goes out of their way to profit from playing the refugee card , send them home . When was the last time you saw a skinny unfed refugee land at Dover , you havn`t .

And is that the distinction then? If they aren’t skin and bones then they must be secretly here to funnel money back to whatever hellhole they ran from? I can’t imagine a world populated by people like you. Passing every homeless person and tutting that they’ve wasted their begging money on booze or whatever.

You do not design social care systems to be perfect. You design them to help those that need help, and if some people take the piss then so be it, try and deal with that if it’s cost effective, but otherwise don’t worry. It’s no different to the insignificant details in your life not being worth your time - like getting a perfectly 100% full washing machine every time, it’s not worth the worry.

The irony is that you no doubt get turned on by Boris and his cronies, who are ripping this country off to the tune of hundreds of millions, whilst you clap and cheer them ‘sending home the immigrants’. They are relying on absolute morons like you to behave exactly as you are.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you mean many many things as in not granting immediate access to the new member states citizens in 2004 then that's only one temporary measure we could have enforced. As for other control, we could prevent Eu citizens from coming here on an individual basis eg if they posed a 'genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat affecting one of the fundamental interests of society but "criminal convictions shall not in themselves constitute grounds for taking such measures" which meant we only turned back approx 6,500 EU citizens since 2010, quite a small proportion of the millions who came here I am sure you would agree. We could also prevent entry for public health reasons such as a once in a lifetime pandemic but that is an emergency measure not a general immigration control mechanism. You may have meant the free movement directive which theoretically allows us to remove citizens after arriving so isn't really an immigration control mechanism and would mean we would constantly have to monitor millions of EU citizens making sure they met the correct criteria at all times. You have probably read 'But the Belgians do it' in the Guardian or from a similar agenda driven source so may I suggest reading an alternative authoritative view (admittedly with their own agenda) ..

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/ne...trol-do-member-states-have-over-free-movement

Your supposed reason for the additional millions is a very partial and selective interpretation of the numbers. The BBC reality check site said "It is now clear that far more EU citizens have been living in the country than previous estimates suggested" and "the settlement scheme has given us the best estimate we've ever had" plus migration experts also pointed out no government scheme has 100% take up so there could be tens or even hundreds of thousands more. No wonder places on the front line like Boston Lincs voted heavily to Leave .... they never had a democratic choice about mass, virtually uncontrolled, EU immigration changing their community and the numbers obviously put pressure on local services housing stock etc.

Hard work isn’t it.

Also , who knew that the Brexit debate surrounding the taking back control of EU free movement regarding immigration of EU citizens and placing EU migration in a combined EU and non EU immigration regime was actually instead a promise by Boris to take back control of non EU undocumented immigration and `end the flood of illegal immigrants` attempting to enter the country by illegal methods such as death trap dinghies and suffocating holds in lorries.

It is not surprising some of the usual suspects obviously never really understood the EU free movement immigration issues of Brexit……….and it is surely no surprise why the remain side were convincing losers in that debate with this continued misunderstanding.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Since Boris came to power and 'won' Brexit by promising to end the flood of illegal immigrants 'from Europe' (actually from outside of Europe but via Europe) as part of the 'taking back control' agenda, one would have expected him to have done something, surely?

I agree that we can hardly throw them back into the sea, but this was always the case.

The only way they can be stopped is if they are turned back mid Mediterranean , once they gain footfall on mainland Europe they are free to make their way to the Channel coast , if they are allowed to leave shore there they are home and hosed. Boris can do feck all apart from send the boats back or sink them both of which would create a huge outcry and are most likely illegal......without help from Europe(which we are now highly unlikely to get) we're buggerred.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The only way they can be stopped is if they are turned back mid Mediterranean , once they gain footfall on mainland Europe they are free to make their way to the Channel coast , if they are allowed to leave shore there they are home and hosed. Boris can do feck all apart from send the boats back or sink them both of which would create a huge outcry and are most likely illegal......without help from Europe(which we are now highly unlikely to get) we're buggerred.

Yep. And who knew? Not the sheep who voted for Brexit in order to secure our borders, as if being in the EU was the problem and leaving the EU the solution. Lied to and lapped it up. Mugs. :shrug:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I wouldn't necessarily have blamed someone in Boston for voting for Brexit. There were parts of the country where large influxes of non-UK nationals was almost certainly challenging. But overall, EU citizens have been hugely beneficial to this country. The data is all there (in terms of how much more they contributed in terms of tax, etc, the jobs they did...). Funnily enough, though, there don't seem to many of the Brexit-voting Bostonians queuing up for jobs in the local agricultural sector. From what I've read there are massive shortages of agricultural labour across the East of England, and farming representatives have been lobbying the Government for increased quotas for EU labour.

PS: The "supposed reason" for the difference between Settlement Scheme applicants and numbers of EU nationals in the UK is taken from the Office for National Statistics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn't necessarily have blamed someone in Boston for voting for Brexit. There were parts of the country where large influxes of non-UK nationals was almost certainly challenging. But overall, EU citizens have been hugely beneficial to this country. The data is all there (in terms of how much more they contributed in terms of tax, etc, the jobs they did...). Funnily enough, though, there don't seem to many of the Brexit-voting Bostonians queuing up for jobs in the local agricultural sector. From what I've read there are massive shortages of agricultural labour across the East of England, and farming representatives have been lobbying the Government for increased quotas for EU labour.

PS: The "supposed reason" for the difference between Settlement Scheme applicants and numbers of EU nationals in the UK is taken from the Office for National Statistics.

Cah! You and your so-called facts. ???

:wink:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

which exposes the nonsese of taking back control of borders, you can only control your side of the border so why should the rest of Europe care? they can just dump them all here.

Leaving then EU has encouraged more migrants as they know we can't send them back now we are outside. The fact it has increased since we left is no coincidence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here