Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this the slowest transfer window yet?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If they (Fulham) have the option to buy, then how can we get him back? It will be their decision on whether they exercise their option; we won't have a say. That's how it works, not the other way around, I believe?

Probably......or

...there are other issues with him that leave Fulham unconvinced so they’re essentially trialling him

...we want the option of taking him back next season if we go down

I don't believe there is any option involved at all here, the transfer is completely guaranteed, just this way the payment is delayed which suits everyone

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Looks like with a few good youngsters going out to Champ/L1 teams we'll be well set in a year or two, if only we could get some in to preserve our Prem status. At the mo, we have no chance!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't believe there is any option involved at all here, the transfer is completely guaranteed, just this way the payment is delayed which suits everyone

Except our club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
At 5 pm two weeks today, the window closes and I expect there are some very busy recruitment staff beavering away. I just hope ours are amongst the best and land their top targets

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why did we bring in Potter's transfer GURU ???

When he's back from his annual leave you'll instantly notice the difference.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Well, if this is the case it will benefit of us, of course it will. Probably by getting more money total.

Only deferred for Fulham’s benefit. Do you understand the time value of money?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The answer is Yes!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Only deferred for Fulham’s benefit. Do you understand the time value of money?

Yes i do thanks. The club will too. They won't do something just for the benefit of fulham

..and, it's only a year, not 20 when talking about the time value of money. Would you take 1 million now or 2 milion in a year? If you needed it now, you'd have no choice. But if you didn't need it now, you'd wait.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes i do thanks. The club will too. They won't do something just for the benefit of fulham

..and, it's only a year, not 20 when talking about the time value of money. Would you take 1 million now or 2 milion in a year? If you needed it now, you'd have no choice. But if you didn't need it now, you'd wait.

Well we need to invest to survive this summer so, yes, I would have stuck out for money now...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I thought this would be a very busy window given Real/Barca need a rebuild,PSG are needing to improve and Munich need to refresh an aging squad - Which all has a knock on affect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought this would be a very busy window given Real/Barca need a rebuild,PSG are needing to improve and Munich need to refresh an aging squad - Which all has a knock on affect.
Their transfer windows close at the start of September - so plenty of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here