Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any chance of Monday's game being postponed due to the storm?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I predict Game Off - carnage with the transport infrastructure (which is a rough translation of - we have too many injuries and would prefer to play it later in the season)

And there's absolutely no way we could squeeze this one in until the new year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Oscar out around the A27 with his chainsaw.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Trains and roads would be clear by 5 PM as it will have passed by 12PM.

Would take major damage to put the game off. Southern starting a late service won't affect the game.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm particularly concerned about structural damage to our players ... :eek:

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
This will be the first big weather test for the stadium lets hope it all stays together

This will be the first big weather test for the stadium lets hope it all stays together

Stadium will be OK - trains & roads won't. There is a tree down in Blatchington Road, Hove - postpone I say ! POSTPONE ! :flameboun

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Trains and roads would be clear by 5 PM as it will have passed by 12PM.

Would take major damage to put the game off. Southern starting a late service won't affect the game.

Clearly you don't commute to/from London.
Without Southern services kicking off until at least 9am the train logistics will be utterly screwed all day tomorrow.
Frankly they should make an announcement asap.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Clearly you don't commute to/from London.
Without Southern services kicking off until at least 9am the train logistics will be utterly screwed all day tomorrow.
Frankly they should make an announcement asap.

Why call it off when conditions tomorrow night will be MUCH, MUCH better ? A reduced Southern service will operate tomorrow to minimise delays, this will be up and running by 1PM. A full service serving the Amex will run depending on conditions.

More will be known by 12PM tomorrow.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Why call it off when conditions tomorrow night will be MUCH, MUCH better ? A reduced Southern service will operate tomorrow to minimise delays, this will be up and running by 1PM. A full service serving the Amex will run depending on conditions.

More will be known by 12PM tomorrow.

Because I don't think it's ever fair on supporters travelling from distance to not know until such a late time.
The weather conditions may be better - but the after effects are likely to continue throughout the day.
I can guarantee that a relatively insignificant line, like Falmer's, will be massively underserved tomorrow eve, as wherever possible the rolling stock will serve key routes in/out of London.
So lots of fans could potentially be stranded after the game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Because I don't think it's ever fair on supporters travelling from distance to not know until such a late time.
The weather conditions may be better - but the after effects are likely to continue throughout the day.
I can guarantee that a relatively insignificant line, like Falmer's, will be massively underserved tomorrow eve, as wherever possible the rolling stock will serve key routes in/out of London.
So lots of fans could potentially be stranded after the game.

You know where Watford is dont you ? Their fans will have enough notice.

If you dont want to risk travelling, then dont go. Yes we have a few who travel long distances - but why should the game be called off just because they cant get to the Amex when the vast majority can. Southern are aware of the game at Falmer, besides, the route via Lewes will be kept clear - mainly as a diversion route for the mainline. There will be enough trains to run a service, especially if there is a reduced timetable - in fact some trains may be longer than usual !!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
You know where Watford is dont you ? Their fans will have enough notice.

If you dont want to risk travelling, then dont go. Yes we have a few who travel long distances - but why should the game be called off just because they cant get to the Amex when the vast majority can. Southern are aware of the game at Falmer, besides, the route via Lewes will be kept clear - mainly as a diversion route for the mainline. There will be enough trains to run a service, especially if there is a reduced timetable - in fact some trains may be longer than usual !!

"route via Lewes will be kept clear - mainly as a diversion route for the mainline"

with limited resources I think that's a very ambitious outlook. IF the expected winds hit, I expect it will be chaotic on the network. And with our stadium ultimately served by the trains, if they can't guarantee people can get home, they shouldn't play the game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
"route via Lewes will be kept clear - mainly as a diversion route for the mainline"

with limited resources I think that's a very ambitious outlook. IF the expected winds hit, I expect it will be chaotic on the network. And with our stadium ultimately served by the trains, if they can't guarantee people can get home, they shouldn't play the game.

There isnt limited resources. There is full availability of Network Rail/Southern response staff tomorrow. As i said, the worst shall be cleared by early afternoon.

The weather wont be bad after the game and will be continually improving throughout tomorrow.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
There isnt limited resources. There is full availability of Network Rail/Southern response staff tomorrow. As i said, the worst shall be cleared by early afternoon.

The weather wont be bad after the game and will be continually improving throughout tomorrow.

Every organisation has limited resources.
But I'm not going to waste time arguing the toss with you. I think if the weather hits, it could be chaotic. You disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here